“Nice location, good hotel”
Review of Pullman Auckland

Pullman Auckland
Ranked #15 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Pullmanhotels.com
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed two nights. The food and wine downstairs at the cafe was so good that after walking around the city for 30mins we returned to have dinner there. The concierge and reception staff were very attentive. The room was very comfortable and the view was lovely; looking out over the harbour. We had a fantastic stay. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. Everything seems to be downhill, so be sure to save some energy for the crawl home.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear “Josephinx”,

Thank you for your wonderful review and for recommending our hotel to other travellers. Our team will be pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed for 3 nights. Everyone from concierge to check-in staff very friendly and helpful. Resturant meal was very good with great service and reasonably priced. Located near to a huge park it is centrally located, although on top of a hill so bare this in mind if you have bags to carry/items to push from the pier/bus stop in town. Room was well presented with a wide range of spa/pool activities. Would definitely stay again. A botique style hotel as compared to other market chains. Glad i chose it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear "Ss770640",

Thank you for choosing the Pullman Auckland. I understand it was a first visit to the city for you and I very much appreciate you choosing us as I am aware that you had a selection of hotels to choose from when booking your stay.

The team and I are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay. Safe travels and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 24 November 2013

This is my fourth trip to NZ for work and the only constant is the great service from the Pullman. The rooms are comfortable and clean, but the service and care from the staff is exceptional...this is what keeps me at the Pullman and not the Sofitel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear “GMSL”,

Thank you for your wonderful review and kind comments. The word ‘exceptional’ is the highest praise we can ask for when it comes to service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed at the Pullman over 20 times in the last 2 years for work purposes. I've enjoyed every time.
The staff are so friendly and caring. They are courteous and polite and respond proactively to my requests.
The pool and relaxation facilities are wonderful also.
Checkin and checkout are most straightforward and I've never had any trouble.
Happy hour and canapés at the exec lounge is a pleasure as you are really treated to great service and good food. Usually there are only a few people using the lounge.
Thank you for the great job you all have done and look forward to coming again in the future.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't stay on L12 beneath the exec lounge as it gets loud in the lounge after 5am
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank David X

Dear “David X”,

Thank you for your amazing review! The team will be so pleased and proud when they hear of your kind comments. We work hard every day to ensure that we make our guests feel extra special when they stay with us and that we are here to take care of their every need.

We value your feedback and are delighted that you have enjoyed every stay with us. Pease do say hello on your next visit. It would be a pleasure to meet you.

With best wishes from the team.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Great location, ideal for Cinemas, theatre, shops and Sky City! Staff are friendly and very professional, and the rooms, although old, are clean and comfortable..what more could you ask for? Restaurant was great too.

Dear “Brenda C”,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Safe travels and we look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

This was our third stay at the Pullman and a return visit because we rated this place so well in the past. However, we won't be back again. The hotel is the same so getting a bit tired but still lovely and fantastic location for Vector Arena and down town. Also the Spa and gym area are great. The service which on our past visits was excellent has deteriorated to the point where we felt like a sideline distraction. I don't appreciate it when the receptionist starts making phone calls for other guests mid-service to me after I have waited patiently for my turn. The other customer wasn't being pushy at all and as it turned out the matter was not urgent so no need to interrupt our service. This happened again at check out when we came to collect our luggage; different scenario but same outcome. Us standing their waiting mid service while someone else was attended. Only this time it was for an extended period of time.

I expressed my dissatisfaction when Pullman followed up with online customer survey and then telephoned to ask me for more details. Profusely apologetic and promised to send me an upgrade email for future stay but three weeks later nothing has arrived. I would have gone back if they had followed through to give them an opportunity to redeem themselves But that doesn't seem likely now.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank fsplk
PullmanAucklandHotel, General Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear “fsplk”,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our hotel. While I was pleased to read that you love the location of the hotel as well as our spa and gym facilities, I was very disappointed that you felt that you did not receive our utmost attention when checking in to the hotel and again on departure. I would like to assure you that I am sincerely sorry that your experience was not what it should have been and did not live up to the excellent service you received when you stayed with us previously.

Furthermore, please accept my sincerest apologies that you have not received any further correspondence from us regarding the complimentary upgrade. We would very much like to welcome you back to the hotel and restore your faith in us. As you know, we cannot tell from TripAdvisor which guest has left a review. If you do not mind, I would be most appreciative if you could send me a quick e-mail (rob.mcintyre@pullmanauckland.co.nz) so we can liaise direct.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Rob McIntyre