Pullman Auckland
US$274
US$250
Hilton
  • Restaurant
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$181
US$171
US$289
US$219
  • Restaurant
Scenic Hotel Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$113
Hotel DeBrett(Auckland Central)
US$279
US$218
  • Breakfast included
VR Auckland City(Auckland Central)
US$103
Hotels.com
US$177
US$141
  • Restaurant
Sylvia Park Motel(Auckland Central)
US$107
US$103
Hotwire.com
2,526 results
All reviewsthe executive loungealbert parksteam roomqueen streetvalet parkingsteep hillfive star hotelroom servicebuffet breakfastan upgradenew zealandharbour viewvector arenasky towerspaaucklandaccor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The room and service were great however the website advised Heated Indoor Swimming Pool - I'm unsure of the temperature but in my opinion wouldn't call it Heated - very mildly luke warm. Of course having a child with me we still got in and enjoyed it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Pullmanhotels.com
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Dear "Kelly S",

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, and you had the opportunity to use the swimming pool facilities at the Spa at the Pullman. The average temperature of our indoor swimming pool is 29 degrees celcius however the outside area can vary depending on the weather.

I hope you had a fantastic time at the Taylor Swift Concert. We very much hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Good, business quality hotel well located relative to downtown. Service professional and well organised. Rooms large and well appointed, beds comfortable. Good value for money. Only quibble was the wireless internet (my room was at the far end of a corridor and the signal was feeble).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear “PRMSydney”,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am delighted that you very much enjoyed your stay with us.

If time allows, I would be grateful if you would kindly email me the details of your booking, in order to identify the room you stayed in. I would like to share this with our IT Manager so we can look into the Wi-Fi signal in this area of the hotel.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I am staying at this hotel currently , booked for 5 nights. The service was good initially, with check in a breeze. I was asked to provide my credit card for any charges which is pretty normal. However, the next thing I know I am being charged for all my nights stay. I had booked my hotel stay through an agent who had paid for my hotel stay and so I could not figure out why I was being charged double. I was told by reception that it was a holding deposit that I need to pay, which would be fine unless you are told right from the beginning, which I was not. That sort of soured my stay at the Pullman.

Overall, the room is nice and comfortable, however, it is old fashioned and needs updating. The entertainment system is a joke with 10 channels and old movies being offered. Housekeeping is really good and they do work hard in keeping the room nice and tidy. The bed is very comfortable to sleep in and since I was on the higher floor, a nice view as well.

The fitness center and the sauna, pool and jacuzzi were really good. However, there needs to be someone who needs to tell children specifically not to jump and scream in the pool when people are swimming (its a 3 lane pool). The bathroom is decent and clean but needs updating. The water pressure is not great. The hotel is walking distance to the CBD which is great, specially when you would like to eat food outside. I would stay here again, however it would be great if the management informed people about the billing.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the higher floor, some amazing views of Auckland
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear "janus911",

Thank you for your review of our hotel and for choosing the Pullman Auckland for your stay in the city.

I am very keen to ensure that you are comfortable for the rest of your stay and would be grateful if you would contact me directly so I can address some of the issues you have raised.

As you know, we cannot tell from TripAdvisor which guest has left a review. If you do not mind, I would be most appreciative if you could send me a quick e-mail (c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz) with your contact details so we can liaise direct.

I look forward to hearing from you.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights over a weekend (Fri-Sun).

The hotel is billed as a 5-star hotel, and it definitely deserves that rating when it comes to the staff and their attentive service. From being greeted at the kerbside right through to the housekeeping and room service staff, everybody had a polite, helpful attitude and a smile.

Check in was easy, and reception has numerous check-in desks for busy periods, as well as a large foyer area with comfortable chairs. Staff were friendly and helpful.

The hotel has 2 towers, and we stayed in the older hotel tower (not the residential tower). The rooms were slightly dated, and not what I could consider 5-star standard, however they were pleasant enough for a short stay.

The room with 2 single beds was big enough for 2 people. The room lacked luggage space - there was no suitcase rack, and nowhere really to put a suitcase and open it unless you put it on the desk, or on top of the wide window sill covering the air conditioning duct.

The bathroom was small but functional. Shower is over bath - water pressure was decent. Room was booked for 2 people, however was only left 1 bathrobe and 2 towels. More towels were, however, provided by housekeeping when requested. Room also did not have a hairdryer, but housekeeping were more than happy to provide one when requested.

Room service was pricey and average. I ordered a club sandwich and fries ($24 + $5 tray charge). Sandwich arrived with extra ingredient (that I am allergic to) that was not listed in the menu, and so I had to have them remake it. Fries were average, quite greasy, but overall average-room service food. To their credit, it only took 20 minutes from order time to the food being delivered (albeit the need to be remade) which is good.

Did not eat in the restaurant or visit the bar.

Had a look at the gym and pool area but did not use it. Pool is bright and clean. Staff in the spa area are friendly. The pool also has an outdoor area opening onto it with a couple of sun-lounger type chairs for sunbathing (weather permitting, obviously). There was also a sauna and spa.

We could hear some street noise from the 7th floor (loud drunk people on their way home and police sirens) but these were minimal and not overly loud. Once we fell asleep we slept soundly and were not woken by outside noise.

Hotel holds $50 per night on a credit card for 'incidentals' so make sure you are aware of this if you plan on paying with a debit card or don't have a credit card.

Be aware that the hotel is on quite a steep hill, and walking from the city can be a bit of a work-out in terms of steepness, however it is only a quick 10 minute stroll to the main shopping area (Queen Street) in the CBD. It is also in very close proximity to Vector Arena, with the walk there taking 10 minutes also.

TIP: If you are going to Vector Arena, leave via the Basement carpark (Level B3) and come back in that way and save yourself the walk up the steep hill!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear “madsin”,

Thank you for your amazing review of our hotel. The team and I are delighted that you had a wonderful stay. Your kind comments and constructive feedback will definitely serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I am pleased to let you know that while the hotel was refurbished in 2010, we are in the planning stages of a refurbishment to the rooms in the hotel tower, which will also give us an opportunity to add certain features to the room, in order to make our guests more comfortable.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide a review on the hotel. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Pullman Auckland in the future.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We came to Auckland on a business trip and were placed at the Pullman by our client. When traveling for business, we don't often get to pick our hotels, so sometimes it can get interesting and not in a good way. So we are very happy when we are put up in a comfortable, clean place that is well located, as is the case with the Pullman. Each morning we enjoy a very nice buffet breakfast with many choices and an omelet chef. The staff at the hotel are very friendly and will do whatever they can to make us comfortable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear "Martikafo",

Thank you for your fantastic review of our hotel! The team and I are delighted that you had a wonderful stay and that we were able to make you feel comfortable and looked after.

We hope to see you again soon.