“Business comfort, nice meeting venue”
Review of Pullman Auckland

Pullman Auckland
Ranked #13 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Rotorua, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here for two nights for a conference. Like I said it wasn't a bad stay but I couldn't help but compare the place to sky city hotel where I stayed last month while in Auckland. The place is beautiful, the rooms are nice, love the gym and spa/pools! From the start I didn't like the situation with parking, the receptionist that checked me in was really hard to understand and it just wasn't a smooth welcoming. So from the get go I was a little put off the place. It did get better, service was ok, they charged my phone for me at reception and they were really helpful when I needed food heated. I just expected friendlier and 5 star service to match the reputation. I would probably opt for Sky City next trip, the customer service is awesome there!

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Hali09
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear "Hali09",

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our hotel. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

We pride ourselves on the professionalism and friendliness of our hotel team, so I was disappointed that you did not experience our true Pullman hospitality on this occasion.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future occasion. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable on your next visit. Please contact me directly on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz and I will be delighted to make all the arrangements for you and ensure that we take extra special care of you.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Location was the winner here, only a short walk to the centre of Auckland CBD. Rooms were clean and well appointed, and staff were friendly and helpful with all requests. Worth signing up to the Accor program, managed to grab a great rate through the website. Will definitely return again next time.

Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Dear "David W",

Thank you for your fantastic review! The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The cafe is nice to eat in, and the reception/lounge area is nice to hang around in. The staff were also very welcoming.
However, the rooms leave a bit to be desired. The bathroom needs refurbishing (there is only so much you can fix with sealant), the tv/entertainment system didn't function all the time, and the fridge was making an annoying buzzing sound throughout the night. The bed and covers were nice though.

Oh, and whilst breakfast was nice it wasn't included in the room rate. $25 is pretty steep for a continental breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear "Andrew N",

Thank you for choosing the Pullman Auckland for your recent stay in the "City of Sails". It was a pleasure to welcome you to our hotel.

While the hotel was refurbished in 2010, I am pleased to let you know that we are in the planning stages of a refurbishment to the rooms in the hotel tower, in order to keep the hotel up-to-date.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.