“Very pleasant birthday treat!”
Review of Pullman Auckland

Pullman Auckland
Ranked #13 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Very pleasant birthday treat!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My partner shouted me a night at The Pullman for my birthday last weekend and it was lovely! The massive highlight of the stay was the exceptional service from staff. I have never had service like that in any other hotel I've ever stayed in. The concierge and the check in staff were both fantastic.
Two names I'd like to mention are Katherine and I think the other girl was Jade? They provided outstanding service and really looked like they wanted to be at work even on a weekend!

The room was lovely, the hotel isn't cheap at all but for the extremely comfy bed and awesome bathroom coupled with the service I would happily pay the extra price. The room was clean and so was the bathroom which is a big thing for me - nothing worse than stains and dirt in a hotel. I couldn't fault it.

We didn't try any food but did notice the high price of eating at the Pullman so we decided not to - not a problem though as hotel food is normally expensive.

Thank you so much for providing excellent service as this is what really made our stay so special. And please acknowledge the positive feedback to your staff as most people pick on the negative experiences and don't often acknowledge the good!

I look forward to our next stay

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear "Laura G",

It was a pleasure to welcome you to the Pullman Auckland. I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay. I will share your kind comments with Katherine, Jade and the rest of the team. We work passionately every day to deliver an exceptional service so your feedback definitely put a smile on my face knowing that you experienced our true Pullman hospitality. On behalf of the team, we hope to see you again soon.

Quality and Attitude Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is our second time to the Pullman. Fantastic customer service. Clean modern room with comfortable beds, great linen and a nice relaxing feel. Our room had two queen beds in it and it still felt very roomy!
Room service was prompt and the pizza we ordered for a quick lunch was delicious.
Centrally located in Auckland but we didn't hear loads of street noise like som of the other places weve stayed in the CBD.
Food at the restaurant was delicious! It was expensive but was better than I was expecting for hotel food. There was a loud group of Americans dining at the same time and the staff were very apologetic and asked if we wanted to be moved to another part of the restaurant, even though we werent worried in the slightest.They also gave us a free started to apologise.
Would happily stay again :) Thanks

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear "eganh1",

Thank you for your amazing review! It was our pleasure to welcome you back to the Pullman Auckland. We hope to see you again very soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz if I can be of assistance in the future.

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Auckland doesn't seem to have a whole much to do, and it was great to spend some time relaxing in a hotel suite, watching tv, drinking beer and wearing complimentary robes.
The check in was annoying being 1-2 hours after the check in time. We had free drink vouchers from the Accor card but after driving three hours you just want I dump your bags and lie on the bed. We think it was an issue for a few people with lots of people in the bar. We stayed inside and had a shower, ordering room service (for the first time ever!) and drank beers That we picked up from the bottle shop down the hill.
The food from room service was a little disappointing, spending $85 plus room service fee on two mains that if be disappointed with if I had paid $40 for.
We also booked a bus for the next morning, but after waking up at 530 it never came. When we asked it turns out it wasn't written down, but they offered to pay for a taxi all the way, which made us pretty happy.
Overall the room was worth it's price $450 for two rooms, lounge, bathroom, king sized bed and large bathroom that we got half price from a special deal
Everyone was nice and welcoming and apologetic for the problems of a late check in and the taxi, but I always like it a lot when hotels offer to pay for inconvenience - I hate complaining or asking for free things, I think it is their job to make your stay as welcoming as possible.
So for that overall experience after an exhausting holiday, I think it was worth 5 stars!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear "Matt B",

Thank you for your amazing 5-star rating! The team and I are so pleased that you had a relaxing and enjoyable time, and while there were a few hiccups during your stay, the team ensured that they handled the situations affectively.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Please contact me directly on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz when you look to book your next visit and I will ensure that your room is ready by 2pm so that you can relax immediately when you arrive to the hotel.

Napier, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Well located central city hotel. We stayed as a part of a conference group. The positives were friendly staff and a high standard of catering. The negatives were a protracted and disorganised check in, the standard of cleanliness ( our room had a hair behind the basin throughout our stay and a badly stained carpet), why ask if you want a newspaper when you fail to deliver each day.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear "NeilHBNZ",

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. While I am pleased that you found our staff friendly and the standard of the catering high, I was very disappointed to read that there were certain aspects of your stay that you found disappointing. Please accept my sincere apologies.

At Pullman we strive to provide an exceptional level of service for each and every guest, so it saddens us when this is not the case. As I am unable to tell from TripAdvisor which guest has left a review, I would be grateful if you would email me on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz so we can liaise directly, and I can ensure on future stays, your experience is nothing short of perfection.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed here for two nights for a conference and the service was fantastic. The staff were helpful and cheerful. Nothing was a problem. The room was lovely and very comfortable. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear "Carolinesau",

Thank you for your amazing review. The team and I are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and experienced our true Pullman hospitality.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights.

Firstly you are charged $35 for valet each day with no other options for parking, they were not efficient either, on one occasion they brought us the wrong car and secondly upon checkout when we called in advance to get our bags collected and car brought up we then had to wait 15 minutes post finalising the bill as the staff had completed neither task.

The option of complimentary wi-fi is helpful however it was extremely slow and we ended up having to pay a charge of $10 per day to upgrade our internet plan just to check emails and browse the internet.

The bathroom facilities were the size of a shoebox and for a paying guest in a high end hotel we expected more.

The breakfast buffet was well put on and provided a good variety to choose from. Better to arrive earlier as the hot food goes quickly. Room service was pricey for the portion sizes you received but was good quality food.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear "Sarah F",

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pullman Auckland. I am pleased that you had a comfortable stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies however, that your experience of the Valet parking was not what it should have been. I have shared this with our Concierge team in order to ensure that this is addressed and does not happen again in the future.

With regards to the price of the parking, there are several parking facilities near the hotel, which are independently run by Wilson. We feel that the one situated behind the hotel is the most convenient choice for our guests in terms of location and price.

Had we been aware of your disappointment with the room and the Wi-Fi connectivity, we would have been happy to move you to a more suitable room and our IT Manager would have addressed the speed of the Internet immediately.

The team and I would very much like to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel. As we are unable to tell from TripAdvisor which guest has left a review, I would be grateful if you would email me your contact details on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz. I would like to ensure that we have everything in place to make your future stays more comfortable.

I look forward to hopefully hearing from you.

Gisborne, New Zealand
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed here with friends, over a busy weekend.

Likes: the room was adequate, with nice décor. The bathroom was smallish, with dated tiles, but it did have a bath (sometimes rare) and very nice toiletries. The bed was very comfortable, and the room air conditioned. It is a quick walk down a hill to Queen St, so is close to lots of restaurants and shopping. It has a spa onsite, which we did not use but is handy, and a very good pool and gym. It has free wifi. Reception staff were very friendly. Outdoor bar area is lovely.

Dislikes: The view was one of the worst I have seen, looking out onto concrete rooves (though it is in the middle of the City so nothing can be done about this) The one room service meal that we had was mediocre. The staff were mainly friendly, but we did have one very rude incident in the bar about food that took a extremely long time to arrive, which put a damper on our experience
And I am afraid I do not like hotels that leave 2 towels for 2 adults.

Overall I think this hotel was a bit pricy for what we received ($300 per night, and $319 for the Saturday).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear "zambese",

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on the Pullman Auckland. I am pleased to hear that overall you had a good and comfortable stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies that you found the Room Service experience mediocre and that there was a delay in serving the meal you had ordered in the bar. As we are unable to tell from TripAdvisor which guest has left a review, I would be grateful if you would email me on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz so I may liaise directly with you. We work hard every day to provide exceptional service to our guests and if there is something that is not quite right during your stay, we aim to acknowledge this and to fix it straight away.

We would love to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Pullman Auckland. I hope to hear from you soon.