“Beware of room service!!!”
Review of Pullman Auckland

Pullman Auckland
Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Had a weekend get away from the kids with my husband - Pullman was awesome, all these reviews saying it is outdated - well I don't know what they were talking about, it was modern and clean. The staff are extremely friendly and we loved everything about the stay - well almost everything!! On our last night we decided to splash out and order room service and relax!! Well we ordered the food, I was able to go for about a 45 min bath, clean up after me, dry and straighten my hair and make a coffee before the food arrived. It took them about 1 hr 15 mins to bring the food to us and when we got it - it was cold!! They were very apologetic about it and I did feel sorry for the girl who brought us our food she looked extremely nervous - like she was about to go on trial!!! Also the price for the food was quite shocking!! For a steak the size of your palm an about 3 fingers thick, a small sausage roll and 4 pieces of carrots it cost $45. I don't mind paying heaps for food - but make it worth it!! If it wasn't so late, we would have run down the road and gotten more. If the food was at least hot it would have been enjoyable so if u wanna order, order about an hour before u actually want to have it!!! However like I said it was an amazing stay!!! We will definitely be back!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Justine L
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear "Justine L",

Thank you very much for your lovely review. The team and I are delighted that you and your family had a wonderful stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies that your Room Service order took longer than it should have and that it was cold when it arrived. Please be rest assured that this is not of our usual standard. Your meal should have been nothing but perfect so I am so sorry that this was not the case.

We are so pleased that you would love to return to stay with us. It would be my pleasure to meet you and your family on your next visit. Please email me on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz when you have dates in mind so I can ensure that you are taken extra special care of and you can experience our Room Service as it should be.

Quality and Attitude Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,422)

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I didn't stay here long enough (2 nights - out of the hotel most of the day) but it was an overall pleasant stay. I wouldn't call it luxury but my room (which turned out to be an apartment set-up) was large, very clean and comfortable with 2 TVs and the bathroom is huge!!! My room had a balcony but being only one floor above ground, I didn't go outside. However, I had no noise issues. Room service was quick and tasty and breakfast buffet had considerable choices. Set-up was a bit squishy though with a long line forming quickly for the hot food which snaked around the tables. Toaster was next to it too so it was a crowded area. I was there during a very busy time for the hotel, looked like a whole company conference was finishing that day so breakfast was packed and there were bags everywhere on the foyer. This may also explain why I didn't get to experience the "exceptional service" other reviewers commented on. Lobby is pretty with lots of comfortable seating and reading material available. Only cons is that wake-up service forgot to call (my travelling companion rang me otherwise I would have missed my flight) for which they were apologetic. Also, there are effectively two towers/buildings and I went up the wrong set of lifts - had to go back down and find my way to my room. This was not made clear to me upon check-in.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear "nilad",

I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I will share your feedback with the team. I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to them to continue improving the quality of our services.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for a longer stay. As I am unable to tell from TripAdvisor which guest has left a review, please do get in touch when you look to make your acccommodation arrangements in the future. It would my pleasure to assist and ensure that you are allocated a similar room to your last one, especially as you enjoyed it so much. My email address is c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz

Reviewed 13 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 11 March 2014

My partner shouted me a night at The Pullman for my birthday last weekend and it was lovely! The massive highlight of the stay was the exceptional service from staff. I have never had service like that in any other hotel I've ever stayed in. The concierge and the check in staff were both fantastic.
Two names I'd like to mention are Katherine and I think the other girl was Jade? They provided outstanding service and really looked like they wanted to be at work even on a weekend!

The room was lovely, the hotel isn't cheap at all but for the extremely comfy bed and awesome bathroom coupled with the service I would happily pay the extra price. The room was clean and so was the bathroom which is a big thing for me - nothing worse than stains and dirt in a hotel. I couldn't fault it.

We didn't try any food but did notice the high price of eating at the Pullman so we decided not to - not a problem though as hotel food is normally expensive.

Thank you so much for providing excellent service as this is what really made our stay so special. And please acknowledge the positive feedback to your staff as most people pick on the negative experiences and don't often acknowledge the good!

I look forward to our next stay

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear "Laura G",

It was a pleasure to welcome you to the Pullman Auckland. I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay. I will share your kind comments with Katherine, Jade and the rest of the team. We work passionately every day to deliver an exceptional service so your feedback definitely put a smile on my face knowing that you experienced our true Pullman hospitality. On behalf of the team, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is our second time to the Pullman. Fantastic customer service. Clean modern room with comfortable beds, great linen and a nice relaxing feel. Our room had two queen beds in it and it still felt very roomy!
Room service was prompt and the pizza we ordered for a quick lunch was delicious.
Centrally located in Auckland but we didn't hear loads of street noise like som of the other places weve stayed in the CBD.
Food at the restaurant was delicious! It was expensive but was better than I was expecting for hotel food. There was a loud group of Americans dining at the same time and the staff were very apologetic and asked if we wanted to be moved to another part of the restaurant, even though we werent worried in the slightest.They also gave us a free started to apologise.
Would happily stay again :) Thanks

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear "eganh1",

Thank you for your amazing review! It was our pleasure to welcome you back to the Pullman Auckland. We hope to see you again very soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz if I can be of assistance in the future.

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Auckland doesn't seem to have a whole much to do, and it was great to spend some time relaxing in a hotel suite, watching tv, drinking beer and wearing complimentary robes.
The check in was annoying being 1-2 hours after the check in time. We had free drink vouchers from the Accor card but after driving three hours you just want I dump your bags and lie on the bed. We think it was an issue for a few people with lots of people in the bar. We stayed inside and had a shower, ordering room service (for the first time ever!) and drank beers That we picked up from the bottle shop down the hill.
The food from room service was a little disappointing, spending $85 plus room service fee on two mains that if be disappointed with if I had paid $40 for.
We also booked a bus for the next morning, but after waking up at 530 it never came. When we asked it turns out it wasn't written down, but they offered to pay for a taxi all the way, which made us pretty happy.
Overall the room was worth it's price $450 for two rooms, lounge, bathroom, king sized bed and large bathroom that we got half price from a special deal
Everyone was nice and welcoming and apologetic for the problems of a late check in and the taxi, but I always like it a lot when hotels offer to pay for inconvenience - I hate complaining or asking for free things, I think it is their job to make your stay as welcoming as possible.
So for that overall experience after an exhausting holiday, I think it was worth 5 stars!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear "Matt B",

Thank you for your amazing 5-star rating! The team and I are so pleased that you had a relaxing and enjoyable time, and while there were a few hiccups during your stay, the team ensured that they handled the situations affectively.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Please contact me directly on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz when you look to book your next visit and I will ensure that your room is ready by 2pm so that you can relax immediately when you arrive to the hotel.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Well located central city hotel. We stayed as a part of a conference group. The positives were friendly staff and a high standard of catering. The negatives were a protracted and disorganised check in, the standard of cleanliness ( our room had a hair behind the basin throughout our stay and a badly stained carpet), why ask if you want a newspaper when you fail to deliver each day.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear "NeilHBNZ",

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. While I am pleased that you found our staff friendly and the standard of the catering high, I was very disappointed to read that there were certain aspects of your stay that you found disappointing. Please accept my sincere apologies.

At Pullman we strive to provide an exceptional level of service for each and every guest, so it saddens us when this is not the case. As I am unable to tell from TripAdvisor which guest has left a review, I would be grateful if you would email me on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz so we can liaise directly, and I can ensure on future stays, your experience is nothing short of perfection.

With kind regards,