“A great location”
Review of Pullman Auckland

Pullman Auckland
Ranked #13 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

The pullman consists of two buildings, the older traditional hotel section and a modern tower called with apartments and suites - I stayed in the latter.
Check in was friendly and efficient. I was given a room without a desk and called down to request a change. The staff was helpful and promptly provided a better room, with the desk and which happened to have a large balcony and excellent views.

The atmosphere at the hotel is professional-business. The staff who are friendly and helpful. Many are young and from Europe, obviously part of the Accor groups program of getting you staff experience working worldwide. What impressed me was how one of the front desk staff offered to become involved in helping to phone he airlines to track my missing bag - well done and excellent service. Not many would do that.

Restaurant service when I at was a but slow. A reminder to management: business travels really want a quick service so they can go on to do other things, we don't really want to sit around for 30 minutes waiting for an entree (and main) to arrive. Once again, once this was pointed out to the staff she promptly attended to the delayed food and offered a free dessert.

The rooms in the Residence are large and clean. Nice large bathrooms with bath and shower.

On the last day, my neighbour started blaring music at full volume at 545am, which you could hear right through the adjoining door. A call to front desk received a professional response, and someone from security soon knocked on that idiots door and there was quiet.

SPA
There is an amazing spa, with large modern gymn, and 25m pool. The pool was great when I did a 1500m swim, but the water didn't feel 100% fresh and clean, which is why I didn't go back.

Location is very convenient to the CBD and there is a park across the road, and Countdown supermarket a ten minute walk down the hill.

This is a good place to stay which I would recommend, and be happy to return to.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear "Melbournetraveller18",

Thank you for your lovely review and for choosing to stay at the Pullman Auckland. It was a pleasure to welcome you to the hotel.

As we are unable to tell from TripAdvisor which guest has a left a review, I would be grateful if you could email me your contact details as I would like to ensure that on your next stay, we provide you with a room that accommodates all your needs. My email address is c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz

With kind regards,

perth
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Our family (2adults +2 kids13,10) stayed in the newer tower apartments. This was a fantastic setup and worked out great for our family. The pool was wonderful and the buffet breakfast was amazing! My children ordered pancakes or omelets to be made along with hot chocolates. We walked daily around Auckland city and to the pier. We had great views from 6th floor.

Room Tip: New apartment tower is fantastic for families
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear "mmains",

Thank you for your lovely review. The team and I are so pleased that you and your family had a wonderful stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Had a great stay at the Pullman Auckland. We were attending a function in the ballroom and decided to stay the night. We normally stay at the Langham but thought we give the Pullman a go. I am a Accor Le Club Platinum card holder and we were well looked after. We received an upgrade to one of the residence rooms and got access to the lounge. After a long night of partying we decided to order a pizza from the room service menu at 1.30am, the pizza arrived within 15 minutes and was so delicious and it was just what we needed. The staff is great, friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The residence rooms are brilliant and really quiet, great harbour views
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ThomasGe
Dear "ThomasGe",

Thank you for your outstanding review. Your kind comments definitely brought a huge smile to my face. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Had a weekend get away from the kids with my husband - Pullman was awesome, all these reviews saying it is outdated - well I don't know what they were talking about, it was modern and clean. The staff are extremely friendly and we loved everything about the stay - well almost everything!! On our last night we decided to splash out and order room service and relax!! Well we ordered the food, I was able to go for about a 45 min bath, clean up after me, dry and straighten my hair and make a coffee before the food arrived. It took them about 1 hr 15 mins to bring the food to us and when we got it - it was cold!! They were very apologetic about it and I did feel sorry for the girl who brought us our food she looked extremely nervous - like she was about to go on trial!!! Also the price for the food was quite shocking!! For a steak the size of your palm an about 3 fingers thick, a small sausage roll and 4 pieces of carrots it cost $45. I don't mind paying heaps for food - but make it worth it!! If it wasn't so late, we would have run down the road and gotten more. If the food was at least hot it would have been enjoyable so if u wanna order, order about an hour before u actually want to have it!!! However like I said it was an amazing stay!!! We will definitely be back!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Justine L
Dear "Justine L",

Thank you very much for your lovely review. The team and I are delighted that you and your family had a wonderful stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies that your Room Service order took longer than it should have and that it was cold when it arrived. Please be rest assured that this is not of our usual standard. Your meal should have been nothing but perfect so I am so sorry that this was not the case.

We are so pleased that you would love to return to stay with us. It would be my pleasure to meet you and your family on your next visit. Please email me on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz when you have dates in mind so I can ensure that you are taken extra special care of and you can experience our Room Service as it should be.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I didn't stay here long enough (2 nights - out of the hotel most of the day) but it was an overall pleasant stay. I wouldn't call it luxury but my room (which turned out to be an apartment set-up) was large, very clean and comfortable with 2 TVs and the bathroom is huge!!! My room had a balcony but being only one floor above ground, I didn't go outside. However, I had no noise issues. Room service was quick and tasty and breakfast buffet had considerable choices. Set-up was a bit squishy though with a long line forming quickly for the hot food which snaked around the tables. Toaster was next to it too so it was a crowded area. I was there during a very busy time for the hotel, looked like a whole company conference was finishing that day so breakfast was packed and there were bags everywhere on the foyer. This may also explain why I didn't get to experience the "exceptional service" other reviewers commented on. Lobby is pretty with lots of comfortable seating and reading material available. Only cons is that wake-up service forgot to call (my travelling companion rang me otherwise I would have missed my flight) for which they were apologetic. Also, there are effectively two towers/buildings and I went up the wrong set of lifts - had to go back down and find my way to my room. This was not made clear to me upon check-in.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear "nilad",

I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I will share your feedback with the team. I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to them to continue improving the quality of our services.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for a longer stay. As I am unable to tell from TripAdvisor which guest has left a review, please do get in touch when you look to make your acccommodation arrangements in the future. It would my pleasure to assist and ensure that you are allocated a similar room to your last one, especially as you enjoyed it so much. My email address is c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz