The pullman consists of two buildings, the older traditional hotel section and a modern tower called with apartments and suites - I stayed in the latter.
Check in was friendly and efficient. I was given a room without a desk and called down to request a change. The staff was helpful and promptly provided a better room, with the desk and which happened to have a large balcony and excellent views.
The atmosphere at the hotel is professional-business. The staff who are friendly and helpful. Many are young and from Europe, obviously part of the Accor groups program of getting you staff experience working worldwide. What impressed me was how one of the front desk staff offered to become involved in helping to phone he airlines to track my missing bag - well done and excellent service. Not many would do that.
Restaurant service when I at was a but slow. A reminder to management: business travels really want a quick service so they can go on to do other things, we don't really want to sit around for 30 minutes waiting for an entree (and main) to arrive. Once again, once this was pointed out to the staff she promptly attended to the delayed food and offered a free dessert.
The rooms in the Residence are large and clean. Nice large bathrooms with bath and shower.
On the last day, my neighbour started blaring music at full volume at 545am, which you could hear right through the adjoining door. A call to front desk received a professional response, and someone from security soon knocked on that idiots door and there was quiet.
There is an amazing spa, with large modern gymn, and 25m pool. The pool was great when I did a 1500m swim, but the water didn't feel 100% fresh and clean, which is why I didn't go back.
Location is very convenient to the CBD and there is a park across the road, and Countdown supermarket a ten minute walk down the hill.
This is a good place to stay which I would recommend, and be happy to return to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its stunning views of Auckland harbour and the city’s parks, Pullman Auckland offers guests a visual treat as well as a very warm welcome. Conveniently located in the heart of the city, the hotel provides easy access to Auckland’s numerous attractions, including the beautiful Albert Park and vibrant, cosmopolitan Viaduct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Pullman Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Auckland Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Auckland
- Pullman Auckland New Zealand