We stayed as a family of four for five nights and had a suite comprising two interconnecting rooms with a living area/kitchen.
The location of the hotel is very central and well-located for getting around Auckland.
Rooms: the hotel lobby and main areas are very nicely decorated. The rooms themselves are fairly plain but comfortable. Very good beds. There are knocks and chips here and there to the furniture, and the lock on our balcony door was broken, indicating that the hotel is in need of a little refurbishment to bring it back up to standard.
The housekeeping was to a very high standard. We asked in our booking for the children’s rooms to have twin beds but it had a shared bed.
We had to call the lobby on a couple of occasions. The DVD player was not working but it was soon fixed. One evening we hoped to watch a movie but the movie system was not working on either TV in our room and it took over an hour to resolve this.
We ate in the bar and also tried the breakfast, both were of a high standard but the prices were very high. A children’s glass of lemonade cost $5.50, which is far too much and goes against the family spirit of Accor hotels. Service was a little slow in the bar.
We ordered room service on our third night. This included a carafe of wine. When it arrived it was a single glass of wine. We also ordered mayonnaise but it was not sent. We rang down to ask if these could be replaced and they were replaced in about 10 minutes.
The hotel staff were quite young but always courteous and helpful.
At checkout our bill contained numerous extra charges, eg for breakfast on the morning before we had even arrived(!), for numerous movies we hadn’t watched… over $350 in extra charges in total. These were removed without issue, but I am mentioning them as I feel that this simply should not happen in a quality hotel.
Overall, so many little things went wrong during our stay that I am not sure we would book it again, which is a shame as the location and the quality of the rooms are great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its stunning views of Auckland harbour and the city’s parks, Pullman Auckland offers guests a visual treat as well as a very warm welcome. Conveniently located in the heart of the city, the hotel provides easy access to Auckland’s numerous attractions, including the beautiful Albert Park and vibrant, cosmopolitan Viaduct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Pullman Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Auckland Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Auckland
- Pullman Auckland New Zealand