Pullman Auckland
US$221
US$116
US$92
  • Bar/Lounge
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$119
  • Fitness centre
  • Free Internet
VR Auckland City(Auckland Central)
US$104
US$84
  • Breakfast included
US$198
US$147
  • Restaurant
Stamford Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$191
US$166
  • Restaurant
Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$91
US$78
2,525 results
All reviewsthe executive loungealbert parksteam roomqueen streetvalet parkingsteep hillfive star hotelroom servicebuffet breakfastan upgradenew zealandharbour viewvector arenasky towerspaaucklandaccor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I was recently at the Pullman Auckland for 4 nights whilst attending a conference at the same hotel. The hotel appeared old from the outside but the lobby has had a makeover and looked quite modern. Unfortunately, my check in experience was not great. There was no queue system and the receptionists were too busy looking down at paperwork to notice who was actually the next person waiting. This resulted in two people being served before me even though I had been waiting the longest. The room I was allocated was on the third floor facing the back of the hotel. I didn't mind as I wanted a quiet room and I imagine the rooms at the front of the hotel can be noisy. Sunday morning was an exception though as garbage trucks came rather early to the back of the hotel to empty the rubbish eg. 6-7am which created quite a racket. The room was small, and the bathroom was tiny. I didn't really mind as I honestly didn't spend much time in my room. The bed was excellent and the mattress and bedding was very comfy. The location of the hotel is about a 5 min downhill walk to Queen st (obviously an uphill workout on the way back!)

I tried to book a treatment at the spa at the end of the conference but it was booked out for 2 whole days! Not sure what's going on with staff there but obviously there is a lack of staff to fulfil the demand.

I probably expected better from a brand name hotel like Pullman. It's hard to put a finger on what's wrong but I think it lacked the ambience, service, and quality that would entice me to come back. If you do stay at the Pullman, try the Bircher muesli for breakfast. It's yum!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear "physioT",

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pullman Auckland and for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I was pleased to read that you found our beds excellent and the bedding comfy.

Please accept my sincere apologies that there was a delay in your check in experience and that you were disturbed by the Council trucks so early on Sunday morning. I wll share this feedback with our Front Office Manager and the Council so that this does not happen again. I can understand that both situations must have been frustrating, for which I would like to express my sincerest apologies.

As the Spa at the Pullman is extremely popular with our guests, we do suggest making a reservation for any treatments at the time of booking in order to avoid disappointment. I am sorry that we were unable to welcome you to the Spa on this occasion.

As you might be aware, we are unable to tell from TripAdvisor which guest has a left review. We would very much like to welcome you back to the Pullman Auckland and I hope that you might find the time to discuss your stay with me further. My email address is c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed as a family of four for five nights and had a suite comprising two interconnecting rooms with a living area/kitchen.

The location of the hotel is very central and well-located for getting around Auckland.

Rooms: the hotel lobby and main areas are very nicely decorated. The rooms themselves are fairly plain but comfortable. Very good beds. There are knocks and chips here and there to the furniture, and the lock on our balcony door was broken, indicating that the hotel is in need of a little refurbishment to bring it back up to standard.

The housekeeping was to a very high standard. We asked in our booking for the children’s rooms to have twin beds but it had a shared bed.

We had to call the lobby on a couple of occasions. The DVD player was not working but it was soon fixed. One evening we hoped to watch a movie but the movie system was not working on either TV in our room and it took over an hour to resolve this.

We ate in the bar and also tried the breakfast, both were of a high standard but the prices were very high. A children’s glass of lemonade cost $5.50, which is far too much and goes against the family spirit of Accor hotels. Service was a little slow in the bar.

We ordered room service on our third night. This included a carafe of wine. When it arrived it was a single glass of wine. We also ordered mayonnaise but it was not sent. We rang down to ask if these could be replaced and they were replaced in about 10 minutes.

The hotel staff were quite young but always courteous and helpful.

At checkout our bill contained numerous extra charges, eg for breakfast on the morning before we had even arrived(!), for numerous movies we hadn’t watched… over $350 in extra charges in total. These were removed without issue, but I am mentioning them as I feel that this simply should not happen in a quality hotel.

Overall, so many little things went wrong during our stay that I am not sure we would book it again, which is a shame as the location and the quality of the rooms are great.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear "OffWeGoOnATripAgain",

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Auckland. It was our pleasure to welcome you to the hotel.

At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I will share your kind comments with the team. I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to all of the staff as we constantly aim to improve the quality of our services.

Please accept my sincere apologies however that there were a few issues you experienced. As we do not know which guest has left a review, I would be grateful if you could email me your booking details so I may look into these areas you have mentioned. (My email address is c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz) We pride ourselves on service excellence which means your stay should have been nothing but perfect. We would very much like to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel. I hope to have the pleasure of speaking with you very soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

First time stay, I brought it through a mystery deal. They put me in a higher up room as it was my first visit and I appreciated that. I used the pool facilities which are great, bed was lovely. Great nights sleep.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Chch_kraig
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear "Chch_kraig",

Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay and you enjoyed the complimentary upgrade. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Visited The Pullman for one night as part of my husbands 40th birthday celebrations.

We gratefully accepted the complimentary room upgrade to a suite. The room was lovely, and the bed was very comfortable. In fact the only negatives were that the bathroom was tiny - only room for one person at a time and my husbands knees practically squashed against the side of the bath when he had to use the facilities. Also there were lots of stains on the carpet in each room of the suite which was such a shame as it took away from the otherwise attractive area.

Plus sides, the staff were lovely, the location was fantastic - a 5 minute walk right into the heart of the city.

Just a note, the valet parking system is very efficient, but at no time were we advised by either the valet staff or reception that the service would be chargeable. In fact we only discovered this charge had been added to our account upon checkout.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay, would recommend to others and would stay again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank twebster75
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear "twebster75",

Thank you for choosing to stay with us to celebrate your husband's 40th birthday. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and very much liked the location of the hotel.

I will share your kind comments and feedback with our team. I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we continue improving and maintaining the quality of our services.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 9 April 2014

The hotel is in walking distance of the downtown and harbor area but there is a climb up the hill to get to the hotel. The rooms are very comfortable, but you might get a little traffic noise on lower floors. The staff is very accommodating and friendly and the restaurant is excellent.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear "la901",

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Pullman Auckland. I am delighted you had a wonderful stay. We hope to see you again soon.