“Service and location great!”
Review of Pullman Auckland

Pullman Auckland
Ranked #13 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dublin, Ireland
“Service and location great!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Nice hotel, all staff were helpful and very friendly. Got an upgrade to a suite on my second visit, which I really appreciated after my long trip. The view was nice from the room, looking onto the near park across the road. Food was very good. I will be returning.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear "ChrisF4572014",

I was delighted to read that you very much enjoyed your stay with us. It was our pleasure to complimentary upgrade you to one of our suites.

Please let me know when you look to book your next stay with us. (c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz) It would be lovely to meet with you on your next visit.

With kind regards,

Quality and Attitude Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at many hotels in Auckland, and after this stay I have added Pullman Auckland to my favourites. Stay was flawless.

Room was so spacious and basically amazing (Executive King Suite) - with two toilets, a walk-in shower, a bath, two sinks, amazing mirrors, a beautiful executive desk, two tv-sets, a comfy sofa and reasonably comfortable bed.

The photos on the hotel website do not show the beauty of the room - I have added some of my photos to give you an impression what you can expect.

I would not be so happy about the stay at the hotel, if not the 25 m swimming pool with several lines, spacious sauna + steam room, spa and well-equipped gym. This is a really good "cherry" on the cake. I do not think that you can get that at many hotels in Auckland. The honest and full smile of spa/gym staff made me feel so welcome.

The breakfast selection was really good - with salmon, really tasty blue cheese, well-cooked eggs Benedict's by the chef and really efficient and helpful staff. I really enjoyed the breakfast - you pay $35 for it, but you are getting moneys worth. Giving numbers to orders is a really good way of avoiding queues - so you can enjoy your breakfast when the chef is preparing your cooked order.

Disclaimer - i cannot guarantee that all of the hotel rooms are as nice as the room 1408, but there is not a huge difference in price between superior room and executive king suite. Consider spoiling yourself a bit by taking a better room.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Jacek_TA
Dear "Jacek_TA",

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It was a pleasure to welcome you to the Pullman Auckland. I was so pleased to read that we are now one of your favourite hotels in the city and that your stay was flawless. I will share your kind comments with the team. I know that they will be so happy with your feedback. They work passionately every day to ensure that our guests' stays are memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back. It will be a pleasure to meet you on your next stay.

Sydney
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This hotel's not bad, but not the best Pullman I've stayed in. The rooms were ok, the staff were really helpful and friendly. The location is great, in walking distance to the cities main eat street and parks. The breakfast was just ok....I was an Accor member so was worth it with the discount but suggest you try other brekky options if you have time. Coffee in the bar was VERY average.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear "Amy H",

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on the Pullman Auckland. I am so pleased that overall you had a good stay and you very much like the location of the hotel.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future. If times allows, please contact me on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz with any room preferences you may have. We want to make sure that you are comfortable and taken extra special care of on your next visit.

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed staying here during Christmas season. Modern and friendly staff. Located very close to city, with only a walk down hill. Very good restaurant with a nice lounge if you are in mood for drinks. Also has Good conference facilities with a nice spa.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard B
Dear "Richard B",

It was a pleasure to welcome you to the Pullman Auckland over the Christmas season. I am so pleased that you had a wonderful stay. We hope to see you again soon.

New Plymouth, New Zealand
Reviewed 16 April 2014

A great pit stop hotel with all the amenities one would expect
Quiet room (seaward side) and the beds are really comfortable
The hotel is situated in central Auckland but is still a 10 minute walk to the waterfront and being on top of a hill there is a steep walk back. Suggest take one of the many taxi's available.
The restaurant was too expensive for my liking so found a top notch place to eat at the Elliot Stables on Elliot Street (10 minute walk) where top class food can be ordered from about a dozen different restaurants surrounding an eating area. I had a perfect lasagne with french crepes for dessert!
The Pullman has an excellent Valet parking service and the staff were very courteous. Worth a try!

Room Tip: Choose the seaward side for quietness and better views I was on the 9th floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear "ArchitectNick2014",

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pullman Auckland. The team and I are delighted that you had a wonderful stay. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I was recently at the Pullman Auckland for 4 nights whilst attending a conference at the same hotel. The hotel appeared old from the outside but the lobby has had a makeover and looked quite modern. Unfortunately, my check in experience was not great. There was no queue system and the receptionists were too busy looking down at paperwork to notice who was actually the next person waiting. This resulted in two people being served before me even though I had been waiting the longest. The room I was allocated was on the third floor facing the back of the hotel. I didn't mind as I wanted a quiet room and I imagine the rooms at the front of the hotel can be noisy. Sunday morning was an exception though as garbage trucks came rather early to the back of the hotel to empty the rubbish eg. 6-7am which created quite a racket. The room was small, and the bathroom was tiny. I didn't really mind as I honestly didn't spend much time in my room. The bed was excellent and the mattress and bedding was very comfy. The location of the hotel is about a 5 min downhill walk to Queen st (obviously an uphill workout on the way back!)

I tried to book a treatment at the spa at the end of the conference but it was booked out for 2 whole days! Not sure what's going on with staff there but obviously there is a lack of staff to fulfil the demand.

I probably expected better from a brand name hotel like Pullman. It's hard to put a finger on what's wrong but I think it lacked the ambience, service, and quality that would entice me to come back. If you do stay at the Pullman, try the Bircher muesli for breakfast. It's yum!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear "physioT",

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pullman Auckland and for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I was pleased to read that you found our beds excellent and the bedding comfy.

Please accept my sincere apologies that there was a delay in your check in experience and that you were disturbed by the Council trucks so early on Sunday morning. I wll share this feedback with our Front Office Manager and the Council so that this does not happen again. I can understand that both situations must have been frustrating, for which I would like to express my sincerest apologies.

As the Spa at the Pullman is extremely popular with our guests, we do suggest making a reservation for any treatments at the time of booking in order to avoid disappointment. I am sorry that we were unable to welcome you to the Spa on this occasion.

As you might be aware, we are unable to tell from TripAdvisor which guest has a left review. We would very much like to welcome you back to the Pullman Auckland and I hope that you might find the time to discuss your stay with me further. My email address is c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz.

With kind regards,