“Perfect Celebration”

Pullman Auckland
Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 April 2014

It was our anniversary dinner night. The elegance of the bar and restaurant was wonderful. As soon I entered the restaurant, the open kitchen totally amazed me and very pleasantly surprised at the special table arrangement (Romantic Cozy table with beautiful glittery decoration). Service was spot on, great food especially beef tenderloin and mouth-watering Dumplings recommended by Daniell. Attention to every detail. Overall, the night was perfect.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear "worldsumie",

It was a pleasure to welcome you to the Pullman Auckland. Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your very special anniversary celebrations.

I am delighted that you had a memorable evening and very much enjoyed your experience in our Tapestry restaurant. We hope to see you again in the future.

Quality and Attitude Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,423)

Reviewed 25 April 2014

The staff at The Pullman are fabulous. They could not be faulted 5/5. Unfortunately, the superior room was small but it was very clean. The bed was hard and they had the awful feather pillows that give your head no support. Requested different pillows to be given latex ones. Good I thought; I have those at home. No, not good. Hard as the hobs of hell with absolutely no give.
Then to top things off the 'guests' in the next room decided their room would be "party central". I have stayed in hotels around the world and have NEVER come across such inconsiderate guests before. Had to complain to reception who then sent up security. Half an hour later (midnight by now) they left. Was so angry by now that it took ages to get to sleep.
Food was decidedly average. Definitely not up to my usual hotel (Langham) standard.
Altogether a very disappointing stay...

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony...the view was very good. The flushing of the toilet was VERY loud...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear "JillElizSel",

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pullman Auckland. It was our pleasure to welcome you to the hotel.

Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel team. They work passionately everyday to ensure our guests' have a memorable stay, so they will be so pleased to hear that you think they are just fabulous.

Please accept my sincere apologies that you were disturbed by neighbouring guests. I am so sorry they were not mindful of the time and caused you to have interrupted sleep.

As I am unable to tell from TripAdvisor which guest has left a review, I would be grateful if you would contact me on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz. We would very much like to welcome you back to the hotel and I would like to ensure that on your next stay, we can provide you with your preferred pillow choice.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank D P

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Nice hotel, all staff were helpful and very friendly. Got an upgrade to a suite on my second visit, which I really appreciated after my long trip. The view was nice from the room, looking onto the near park across the road. Food was very good. I will be returning.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear "ChrisF4572014",

I was delighted to read that you very much enjoyed your stay with us. It was our pleasure to complimentary upgrade you to one of our suites.

Please let me know when you look to book your next stay with us. (c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz) It would be lovely to meet with you on your next visit.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at many hotels in Auckland, and after this stay I have added Pullman Auckland to my favourites. Stay was flawless.

Room was so spacious and basically amazing (Executive King Suite) - with two toilets, a walk-in shower, a bath, two sinks, amazing mirrors, a beautiful executive desk, two tv-sets, a comfy sofa and reasonably comfortable bed.

The photos on the hotel website do not show the beauty of the room - I have added some of my photos to give you an impression what you can expect.

I would not be so happy about the stay at the hotel, if not the 25 m swimming pool with several lines, spacious sauna + steam room, spa and well-equipped gym. This is a really good "cherry" on the cake. I do not think that you can get that at many hotels in Auckland. The honest and full smile of spa/gym staff made me feel so welcome.

The breakfast selection was really good - with salmon, really tasty blue cheese, well-cooked eggs Benedict's by the chef and really efficient and helpful staff. I really enjoyed the breakfast - you pay $35 for it, but you are getting moneys worth. Giving numbers to orders is a really good way of avoiding queues - so you can enjoy your breakfast when the chef is preparing your cooked order.

Disclaimer - i cannot guarantee that all of the hotel rooms are as nice as the room 1408, but there is not a huge difference in price between superior room and executive king suite. Consider spoiling yourself a bit by taking a better room.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Jacek_TA

Dear "Jacek_TA",

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It was a pleasure to welcome you to the Pullman Auckland. I was so pleased to read that we are now one of your favourite hotels in the city and that your stay was flawless. I will share your kind comments with the team. I know that they will be so happy with your feedback. They work passionately every day to ensure that our guests' stays are memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back. It will be a pleasure to meet you on your next stay.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

This hotel's not bad, but not the best Pullman I've stayed in. The rooms were ok, the staff were really helpful and friendly. The location is great, in walking distance to the cities main eat street and parks. The breakfast was just ok....I was an Accor member so was worth it with the discount but suggest you try other brekky options if you have time. Coffee in the bar was VERY average.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear "Amy H",

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on the Pullman Auckland. I am so pleased that overall you had a good stay and you very much like the location of the hotel.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future. If times allows, please contact me on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz with any room preferences you may have. We want to make sure that you are comfortable and taken extra special care of on your next visit.