“Comfortable stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
United Kingdom
“Comfortable stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

When we arrived the hotel had no record of our booking, but the staff were very helpful and professional sorting it out giving a good impression from the start.
Our room was a little tired, and the bathroom small, still using a shower curtain that stuck to you when showering! Room was very clean and quiet.
It is in a great location for all the attractions around the CBD. All the staff were friendly, helpful and very professional. The lobby is an attractive area with a lively buzz. The bar is busy and the restaurant has great service and both serve excellent food.
Highly recommend The Pullman for a stay in Auckland.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear "Langers007",

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Pullman Auckland. It was our pleasure to welcome you to the hotel.

As we are do not know which guest has left a review, I would be very grateful if you could email me on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz so I can ensure that on your next stay, we allocate you one of our rooms that has a separate shower to the bath for your comfort.

We hope to see you again soon.

Quality and Attitude Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Christchurch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I've stayed in quite a few Auckland CBD hotels for business and most disappoint. The Pullman is the exception with great service (all levels from reception to room service to concierge). Good location. Very good rooms. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear "Stephen H",

Thank you very much for the five-star rating! The team and I are delighted that you had a fantastic stay. We hope to see you again soon. Please say hello on your next visit. It would be a pleasure to meet you.

sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We recently stayed at the Pullman Auckland for 2 nights as a family of four including 2 kids aged 5 and 2. We are Accor members and it was our first stay at a Accor hotel after we subscribed to the membership. On arrival, we were pleasantly surprised to find out that we had been upgraded to a suite! The suite consisted of 2 separate rooms, one living room + office and one bedroom with 2 queen beds which is what I requested. Room was plush, very comfortable, with plenty of space for the family.

On the second night we were also given 2 vouchers for free drinks we used at the hotel bar after my husband and I used the Spa. I highly recommend the Spa as well. From the moment you enter the Spa you feel like you enter a peaceful sanctuary. I had a 1h treatment, it was so relaxing, a perfect end to the holiday. The hotel organised for a babysitter to come and look after our children in the evening so my husband and I could enjoy the spa and have a dinner out after a week travelling as a family in a motorhome. The hotel uses a babysitting agency and although I was initially reluctant to hire a babysitter I must say the service was great. The hotel organised everything. The babysitter was a lovely lady probably in her late 20s, early 30s so not too young. The kids were absolutely fine, they had in room dining service, watched a bit of TV and went to bed early. They were asleep when we came back from dinner.

Staff is great, very high level service, staff always willing to help and smiling, a real pleasure, from check-in to check-out, outstanding service. Really.

Overall, a great stay, I have already recommended the hotel to my friends and would definitely return to the Pullman next time I will be in Auckland.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear "Marcandflo",

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pullman Auckland. It was our pleasure to welcome you to the hotel and upgrade you to one of our 2-bedroom Residence Apartments.

I was delighted to read that you had a fantastic stay and you very much enjoyed the Spa at the Pullman.

We hope to see you again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz if I can be of assistance when you look to make your next booking.

With kind regards,

New Plymouth, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

It was our anniversary dinner night. The elegance of the bar and restaurant was wonderful. As soon I entered the restaurant, the open kitchen totally amazed me and very pleasantly surprised at the special table arrangement (Romantic Cozy table with beautiful glittery decoration). Service was spot on, great food especially beef tenderloin and mouth-watering Dumplings recommended by Daniell. Attention to every detail. Overall, the night was perfect.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear "worldsumie",

It was a pleasure to welcome you to the Pullman Auckland. Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your very special anniversary celebrations.

I am delighted that you had a memorable evening and very much enjoyed your experience in our Tapestry restaurant. We hope to see you again in the future.

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

The staff at The Pullman are fabulous. They could not be faulted 5/5. Unfortunately, the superior room was small but it was very clean. The bed was hard and they had the awful feather pillows that give your head no support. Requested different pillows to be given latex ones. Good I thought; I have those at home. No, not good. Hard as the hobs of hell with absolutely no give.
Then to top things off the 'guests' in the next room decided their room would be "party central". I have stayed in hotels around the world and have NEVER come across such inconsiderate guests before. Had to complain to reception who then sent up security. Half an hour later (midnight by now) they left. Was so angry by now that it took ages to get to sleep.
Food was decidedly average. Definitely not up to my usual hotel (Langham) standard.
Altogether a very disappointing stay...

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony...the view was very good. The flushing of the toilet was VERY loud...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear "JillElizSel",

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pullman Auckland. It was our pleasure to welcome you to the hotel.

Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel team. They work passionately everyday to ensure our guests' have a memorable stay, so they will be so pleased to hear that you think they are just fabulous.

Please accept my sincere apologies that you were disturbed by neighbouring guests. I am so sorry they were not mindful of the time and caused you to have interrupted sleep.

As I am unable to tell from TripAdvisor which guest has left a review, I would be grateful if you would contact me on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz. We would very much like to welcome you back to the hotel and I would like to ensure that on your next stay, we can provide you with your preferred pillow choice.