“could/must do better”

Pullman Auckland
Ranked #16 of 65 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed here for a business conference this weekend just gone, very disappointed, one of our rooms was not ready at 5.30 pm another was found but none of the conference stuff ever appeared in the replacement. the other room had a window duct taped shut & the smoke sensor wrapped with plastic wrap,
The included breakfast excepting the fresh fruit was very poor, Bacon that had been overcooked to the consistency of boot leather,mushrooms with no flavour, non existant scrambled egg.
Day 2 decided to order poached eggs to try & skip the buffet, 25 minutes later after asking one of the staff the eggs arrived, overdone, cold, bloody awefull !
The rest of the conference food was only marginally better ! Its not like its a cheap place to stay, we have stayed in more than 30 nights in hotels this year so far, this would have to be the worst value & food of any.
Find a nicer place to stay & go down the road to a cafe the food will be great & cheaper, probably save a fortune on the room rate as well

1  Thank taupomotorsport
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear "taupomotorsport",

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was a pleasure to welcome you to the Pullman Auckland.

I am sincerely sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I was very disappointed to read about your experience which should have been nothing but perfect. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and when something is not quite right, we aim to fix it immediately. Furthermore, we often receive very positive feedback on the quality of our food and our levels of service, so it saddens me that you did not experience this during your stay.

As I am unable to tell from TripAdvisor which guest has left a review, I would be grateful if you would email me your booking details so I may look into the areas you have highlighted and provide feedback accordingly. We take our guests' feedback and comments very seriously and I want to ensure that each and every area you have mentioned is investigated. (c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz)

My sincere apologies again that your stay was not what you hoped. I look forward to hopefully hearing from you so we can liase direct.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 25 May 2014

The last time we stayed at this hotel was prior to the Pullman brand owning it.
We loved it. Great location great room ( room with lounge ) . We thought all the staff whether it was at reception , Concierge, bar dining room or room care were friendly helpful and thoughtful
Small examples were Concierge taking time to recommend restaurants, staff in dining room apologising for delay in serving coffee , knowing the wine on the list and suggesting a match etc
Facilities were excellent .
This will be our choice when we next visit Auckland and we have stayed at most of them . Well done to you all
Highly recommended

Room Tip: Two room units are spacious and well appointed .
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julia S
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear "Julia S",

It was a pleasure to welcome you to Pullman Auckland. Thank you for your lovely review on our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Four night stay. The rooms are decent enough and they have the nicest fitness center of any hotel I've ever stayed in. However, the restaurant and bar service is the worst. At breakfast, if you want eggs cooked to order (or more coffee for that matter), best take off your watch and get out a calendar.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear "Missoulasue",

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at the Pullman Auckland. It was a pleasure to welcome you to the hotel. I am so pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and you very much liked the Spa at the Pullman.

I am sincerely sorry that the service you experienced in the bar and restaurant was not of our usual standard. We normally pride ourselves on exceptional levels of service and the professionalism and friendliness of the staff, so please accept my sincere apologies that this was not the case during your stay.

As I am unable to tell from TripAdvisor which guest has left a review, I would be grateful if you could email your contact details as I would very much like to speak with you further about your stay. My email address is c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz

I look forward to hopefully hearing from you.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I was a bit disappointed with my room, it felt old, not up to the normal Pullman standard. My room was noisy, sounded like people were dragging furniture around on the floor above from around 4am. I am also not a fan of the shower in the bathtub.

The staff however are superb. Every staff member I spoke to was helpful and friendly, either in person or on the phone. The food in the restaurant was excellent too.

Room Tip: Request a high floor to get a bit of a view. I was on level 2 with glimpses of the harbour, a high l...

Dear "Morgan_max",

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It was a pleasure to welcome you to the Pullman Auckland. I am so pleased that you very much enjoyed your stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies that you were disappointed with your room on this occasion. As I am unable to tell from TripAdvisor which guest has left a review, I would be grateful if you could email me your contact details as I would very much like to ensure that on your future stays with us, we allocate you a room on a higher floor, a shower separate to the bathtub, and one that is more contemporary in style. My email address is c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz

With kind regards,

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Just recently stayed at the Pullman last night for the Michael Buble Concert. Only had one slight problem and that it took a few goes to get into the hotel room with our key but other than that the staff were excellent, very friendly and accommodating. I was also celebrating my 30th birthday when we came back to our room in the afternoon there were two mini meringues and complimentary bottled water with a note, which was very much appreciated. Taxi's were easy to get and the walk to Queen Street although a bit hilly was only about 10 mins. We had two Queen beds which did make the room slightly smaller than it usually would and the bathroom was small but neither bothered us. Room was clean and tidy. Would definitely stay again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear "Em2105",

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of the Pullman Auckland. It was a pleasure to welcome you to the hotel. I hope that you very much enjoyed the concert and had a wonderful birthday.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Room was clean and comfortable and not far from shops and large park across road staff very good would go back there excellent value for money.
Went swimming was a good size very impressed nice to relax after walking around alot.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear "464Maggie",

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your recent stay at the Pullman Auckland. We hope to see you again soon.