“Elegant and Enjoyable at Pullman”
Review of Pullman Auckland

Pullman Auckland
Ranked #13 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Helensville, New Zealand
“Elegant and Enjoyable at Pullman”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Being Accor members we like to stay in Accor Hotels! We chose the Pullman for our Auckland stay last night as we were going to the opera (La Traviata). It was lovely to see a counter full of smiling faces at reception and we were booked in quickly and efficiently despite the Broncos Rugby Team just arriving! Our room was gorgeous, only two floors up, very classy with a separate lounge. We could hear traffic noise but this was not intrusive. The bed proved to be extremely comfortable with luxurious feather bedding. Despite the bar being full of "Broncos" we were able to enjoy a couple of drinks quickly served. Breakfast was great with lots of choice. The dining room looked as if it had been very full as we arrived a little later than usual and most tables had been used. Everything tasted lovely and the tamarillos cut in half and skinned were just amazing. Our car was brought up for collection very quickly and again lovely smiling goodbyes from reception. Excellent stay. We'll be back Pullman, thank you.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to traffic noise (police car sirens etc) ask to go higher up.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear "1818Chrissy67",

Thank you for your lovely review regarding your recent stay at Pullman Auckland. I am so pleased that you had a wonderful experience and you enjoyed your room and the service in Omni Bar and Tapestry Dining.

We very much value your loyalty to Accor and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Quality and Attitude Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
london
Reviewed 18 June 2014

It's a great hotel in a small but fascinating city. But don't make the same mistake as me. I lost a day. I set off from LA on a Tuesday. It was one flight lasting 14 hours or so. I booked the hotel from Weds for 4 days. The bloody international dateline! I should have paid more attention at school. When I landed in Auckland it was THURSDAY. I'm writing this review several weeks later still befuddled by the whole thing. Anyhow, the hotel, lovely big rooms, nice people, great staff, and walking distance from all the city attractions. Actually everything in Auckland seems to be walking distance, it's a small city. In a good way. Watch the hill. It has to be the steepest hill in any city I've ever seen. Stay here, I wholly recommend it. Watch out for the taxi prices. They're steep too!

Room Tip: Facing inland overlooking the park was beautiful.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear "major_rawls",

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. Your review definitely brought a smile to my face.

I have recently moved from London to Auckland and the first thing I noticed as well was the hills in the city. This however, allows us to have some of the best views overlooking the harbour and Albert Park from our suites and rooms.

I hope you had a comfortable journey back home. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The hotel has good old fashioned quality service. The rooms were well sized, and contained quality fittings.
It is located in a quiet, but picturesque part of town, in walking distance of the Parnell.
The hotel is a great spot if you are travelling for business and want a comfortable, reliable place to stay, that provides good quality service in a nice environment.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear "Ms_CC",

It was a pleasure to welcome you to Pullman Auckland. I am so pleased that you very much enjoyed your stay and found the hotel perfect for your needs.

If there is anything we can do to make your future stays more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact me on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz

Kind regards
Carly

Melbourne
Reviewed 18 June 2014

10/10 for their customer service. From check in to check out! Even the restaurants. Family friendly hotel. Love their can do attitude! Facilities are fantastic, and they will make sure they do their best to accommodate any request. Location is also great, quiet away from all the noise and easy access to the motorway.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear "J C",

Thank you very much for your amazing review. The team and I are thrilled that you had a wonderful stay. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

After staying in a very average place in Auckland, I needed an extra night to catch up with some old school friends. Initially the room they gave me was small and not what I had envisioned, after speaking to the gorgeous girl on reception, the manager upgraded me to an amazing 1 bed apartment in the residential tower, it was perfect and we ended up staying the night in as it was very comfortable. The only thing they didn't have was a ipod dock or music of any kind, but they managed to find me one. I will stay with them again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear "Maddie M",

Thank you for your amazing review! I am so pleased that you very much enjoyed your stay at Pullman Auckland and you loved the Residence Apartment we upgraded you to.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Pullman in Auckland was an unexpected, but pleasant, surprise. I had stayed here previously under the Hyatt chain, and I have to say I like the refurbishment that Accor have given the public spaces in this hotel. However it's the staff at Pullman that won me over.
After arriving on an overnight flight from Hong Kong, tired and a tad fractious, I turned up at the hotel.
At check-in I was told my room wasn't ready yet, and could I please wait a moment. A moment passed and I was still standing, waiting. At this moment an eagle eyed staff member, noted my poker face slipping, and asked if I would like a complimentary drink at the bar while they sorted out the room gremlins. I accepted the face saving offer, perhaps less graciously than i could have, and waited at the bar. Within moments, my glass barely touched, a charming woman came over and introduced herself - I'm sure her title was Attitude Adjuster, apologised for the holdup, hoped I was comfortable with my drink, and at my convenience she would be happy to guide me to the aforementioned troublesome room.
It seems in the meantime Pullman had upgraded my room, to a brilliant, huge, well equipped 1br apartment with a great view over the city. When hotels care or are savvy enough to turn a meh moment into Wow, thanks - you get it! Those moment turnarounds are the ones that make you want to return.
Well done Pullman, next time I'm in Auckland, I'll be back, thank you.

Room Tip: If you are staying more than a night, I highly recommend the apartments with harbour view, absolutel...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank swissmap
Dear "swissmap",

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It was a pleasure to meet you on arrival and welcome you to Pullman Auckland.

I was delighted to read that your stay was better than expected and you very much enjoyed the complimentary upgrade to the Residence Apartment.

We very much hope to welcome you back soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz if I can assist with any of your accommodation arrangements in the future.

Papeete
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Nice, classy hotel, rooms are still "old fashion" style, however very well maintained, quiet room, very nice spa facilities accessible late in the evening (best after hours of walking AKL!), and very nice attentive staff, thank you to Mathilde for her French smart, efficient & welcoming attitude.

Room Tip: enjoyed a quiet room by the sea side
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear "Cocosail",

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Pullman Auckland. I am so pleased that you had a wonderful stay. Mathilde will be delighted when I share your kind comments with her.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.