“Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pullman Auckland

Pullman Auckland
Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Was absolutely lovely to look at.
When we arrived we were looked at like who are you what do you want. The service was average.
The team were nice and they did there jobs the management looked like if you've got money well give you better treatment.
The room was as Ok clean but the towells were old they had holes in them.
The king size room I had asked for was a twin just with beds put together not what I call 5star.
Not much available on TV unless you wanted to pay for extra.
Overall experience was average

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear 'robdavo",

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. While I am pleased that you felt welcome by most of our team, I was disappointed to read that you felt you had an average stay.

The team work passionately every day to ensure our guests have a memorable stay and their every need is taken care of. We normally receive nothing but praise from our guests on how welcoming and professional our staff and management are, so it saddened me that you felt like this was not the case. Please accept my sincere apologies. I can assure you that this is never our intention and I would love to speak to you further regarding your thoughts, in order to get a better understanding of your experience. We are committed to service excellence and always want to ensure that when something is not quite right, we understand the reason why and we very quickly ensure that it does not happen again. I would be grateful if you could contact me on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz so we may liaise direct.

In the interest of the readers of this forum, I must point out that our bath towels and linen are of a high quality and each and every room is inspected thoroughly. Furthermore, our guests can enjoy over 20 different TV channels plus the option of purchasing a selection of movies.

I very much hope to hear from you, and equally, it is our hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The Pullman pulls no punches - we arrived to the hotel late from a corporate event we had been hosts at, having had nothing substantial to eat the F&B manager took it upon himself to arrange two solid steak meals for us!
Simply outstanding and totally made the trip!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear "Grant074",

Thank you for your amazing review on Pullman Auckland. It was our pleasure to welcome you to the hotel and make sure that you were taken extra special care of.

We hope to see you again soon!

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

This time, was my turn to stay for a couple of nights.
I had a knee operation and needed absolute rest for at least 2 days. At home with stairs and 3 kids was not the best option, therefore, Pullman Hotel was the choice.
The Front Office Manager, Sevag, was aware of my operation and he was waiting for me with a wheel chair and personally took me to my suite on the 14th level, next to the Executive Lounge; very handy to be that close for breakfast in the morning.
Obviously, Room Service was on high demand. Delicious meals were delivered in no time and in one occasion, they prepared a meal, that was out of the menu, for my kids as they can be fussy with food, specially when they are under 10 years of age. My gratitude for that gesture and "thumbs up" from my kids. I have to thank Sevag, Maria and Afrin from Reception, Jonah from Concierge and all the staff that helped me out (I am sorry I don't remember all the names) as I was limited with my movements and couldn't do much on my own.
No need to mention, the room was impeccable and make me feel at home. And is the staff that makes this happen. How they looked after me and my family, honestly, I didn't want to leave !
My congratulations to you all. You deserve a star ! Thanks and... I will be back !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alexander D
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear "Alexander D",

Thank you for your amazing review on Pullman Auckland. It was a pleasure to welcome you back and make sure that you were taken extra special care of. The team will be delighted with your kind comments.

We all look forward to seeing you again soon. Wishing you a speedy recovery in the meantime.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Lovely hotel , impeccable staff all let down by a very late and cold breakfast that should have been hot. That was after a 20 minute wait, it was uneatable, the eggs had obviously been under a light for some time. The towels in the executive suite we were in were very small and only two of them so that after a shower at night we had wet towels in the morning. We had to wait 20 minutes for our car to be brought up from valet parking, not staffs fault as there were only a couple of them. I have flown the world and never had such small towels at this level of room. A great hotel let down by lots of minor things that leave an impression. At dinner had to wait for some time even to get a drink, shortage of staff. Spoilt wedding anniversary. Sorry Pullman I don't think you will see me again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear "Noel A",

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Pullman Auckland. I am delighted that you were impressed by our impeccable staff.

I am sorry to hear however that there were certain aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectations. Your stay should have been nothing but perfect and when something is not quite right and we are informed about it, our aim is to fix it straight away.

As you may be aware, I am unable to tell from TripAdvisor which guest has left a review. I would be grateful if you could email me your booking details so I can look into some of the feedback you have provided and contact you further regarding your experience. (c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz)

Tapestry Dining offers a full English and Continental buffet breakfast with hot items that can be ordered directly from the Chef, which means that there should not have been a wait to be served unless the restaurant was fully booked at the time. I am sincerely sorry that there was a delay in bringing your car to the forecourt. While our aim is to ensure that our guests' cars are valeted within 5-10 minutes, on some occasions it might take longer, however I apologise that you were not advised that there was going to be a slight delay.

We would love to welcome you back to Pullman Auckland in the future so I very much hope to hear from you.