We decided to stay here when Accor announced a 40% sale on rooms and included free breakfast. The hotel is in a great location and the rooms are nicely appointed particularly the refurbished ones. However the hotel is let down by the inconsistent service provided by some of the staff. It took a long time to check in. When we arrived at around 5pm there was only one person at the check in counter. I had to wait a long time to check in and just as it was my turn, 4 people emerged from the back office and asked if they could help. Where were they to begin with? You could hear the wind whistling through the corridors but you couldn't hear it in our room. We ate dinner at the Tapestry restaurant. My husband ordered the steak medium rare but it arrived blue. He sent it back. By the time the steak was served again my chicken had gone cold. The food at breakfast was very good but the waiters struggled to keep up. We waited a long time for our table to be ready and some of the waitresses seemed harried. We also weren't offered any coffee or tea and had to wildly wave our hands to get anybody's attention.They ran out of eggs at the buffet. By the time the eggs were refilled we had finished our breakfast. The buffet is however much better on weekdays when there are fewer people and the waitresses have more time for guests. The hotel says they only take 5-10 minutes to retrieve your car from valet but every time we asked for our car it took at least 15 minutes. That was quite annoying. On one occasion they even gave us the WRONG car! I don't mind if they take 15 minutes but be upfront about it. Don't over promise and then under deliver. If it really takes 15 minutes then just say so. The other thing that irritated me was the spa. I had a 60 minute massage at the spa but it wasn't really 60 minutes. The masseur started 5 minutes late and finished 2 minutes early. That might sound petty but when you're paying $130 for a 60 minute massage, I deserve to receive 60 minutes worth of your time! I felt ripped off at the spa. The time spent in the "waiting room" should not count towards the massage. The hotel has the potential to be 5 star but unfortunately we did not receive that experience. If it weren't for the 40% sale I would be giving this hotel a lower rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its stunning views of Auckland harbour and the city’s parks, Pullman Auckland offers guests a visual treat as well as a very warm welcome. Conveniently located in the heart of the city, the hotel provides easy access to Auckland’s numerous attractions, including the beautiful Albert Park and vibrant, cosmopolitan Viaduct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Pullman Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Auckland Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Auckland
- Pullman Auckland New Zealand