“Impressive suites with great service.”
Review of Pullman Auckland

Pullman Auckland
Ranked #16 of 65 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I spent a weekend night with friends in the residential suites.
Stayed in corner 1 bed suite plus adjoining studio which were very impressive.

It had a great view over Auckland habour with spacious balcony.
Rooms were very spacious and tidy too. Considering the rate I paid, I think it is one of the better valued hotels in Auckland.

The hotel itself sits high over Auckland city so if you stay on a high floor, you're most likely to get a good view.
With Auckland Uni. and Albert park in front, and the Shortland St. business district behind, it is very quiet. However, it can be a bit of effort to walk to most of the attractions and restaurants especially when walking the uphill back to the hotel.

The service was exceptional as usual.
Duty manager, Manish, has gone extra miles to arrange the adjoining rooms for us over the phone and once we're at the hotel, everything from the check in to check out was quick and responsive.

Room Tip: - For hotel rooms, I find rooms facing south better due to views over the Auckland uni and Albert pa...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sungjae H
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear "Sungjae H",

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay.

I will share your kind comments with Manish and the team. They will be delighted that you had a memorable stay.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed at the Pullman recently at the beginning of August and once again there service was great. The room that I requested was not ready when I arrived early however they simply fixed the problem by giving me an upgrade. It is a great location.

1  Thank Mike S
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear "Mike S",

It was a pleasure to welcome you back to Pullman Auckland. We very much love having you stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My work takes me all over Australasia and I'm away about ten months a year and last week I experienced the best hotel service and room. Firstly you are greeted by helpful and professional concierge, helped to the desk checked in by smiling, helpful, dapper staff. The hotel was spotless from foyer to room and my room and more importantly the bed was fabulous. I'm writing this from another hotel " wish I was back at the Pullman"

Room Tip: Did not experience any noise
1  Thank Phillips2930
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear "Phillips2930",

Wow! Thank you for your amazing review! The team and I are truly humbled by your kind words. We cannot wait to welcome you back to the Pullman Auckland!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was put up on Level 6 with a view overlooking the city skuline and port. Great sleep quality as well but the room size is tad smaller. Good range for the breakfast but very expensive. Costs you over $100 for 3 people. The lowest point of the hotel is its Wi-Fi connectivity. It is very flaky and keeps cutting out.

Room Tip: Higher floors ahve good view
1  Thank Bhavik_D

Dear "Bhavik_D",

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to Pullman Auckland. I am so pleased that you had a relaxing and comfortable stay and very much enjoyed the views from your room. My sincere apologies however that you found the Wi-Fi connectivity inconsistent. While this is not normally the case, please let us know on future visits if this happens again, as we have a dedicated IT Manager for our guests who would be delighted to assist.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great Hotel, Fantastic Staff, Best Food and Wine Service ever. I always stay at this hotel on many trip[s to Auckland I have had. Location is close to the centre, without being in the noisy main road.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear "Paul T",

We very much love having you stay with us. We are delighted to be your chosen hotel when you travel to Auckland. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The Auckland Pullman is a great hotel. I've been to Auckland many times and this was my first time at the Pullman. What a great experience! Bathrooms are wonderfully large (we were in an apartment), bedroom very comfortable and the lounge/balcony was very inviting.

Room Tip: Definitely an apartment
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear "LJG27",

Thank you for your very favourable review regarding your stay in December. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Spent 3 nights here. A good hotel in the CBD with adequate rooms. Bed was very comfortable but the aircon was cumbersome to manage a suitable temperature. My room picked up quite a bit of outside noise also. Buffet breakfast and restaurant was ok but nothing special.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear "K B",

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It was a pleasure to welcome you to Pullman Auckland.

While I am so pleased that overall you had a wonderful stay, I am sincerely sorry that you room was not as quiet as you hoped. As I am unable to tell from TripAdvisor which guest left a review, please contact me directly on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz with your booking details and I will make a note for future stays to ensure that the aircon is set to a desirable temperature prior to arrival and that we allocate one of our quieter rooms for your visit.