“Excellent Stay”

Pullman Auckland
Ranked #14 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I really had a lovely time at the Pullman. The hotel is well located (near Queen Street, the Piers, etc) and my room was spacious and well equipped with bath & body products, a fridge, and robes for the spa. The hotel has a full spa and a really nice gym. I was impressed with the equipment and how current it was. There's also a full size lap pool and a hot tub. Everything is included in the room rate too, which was a nice surprise. There's an on-site restaurant that serves an EXCELLENT breakfast. Eggs made to order, fruit, cheeses, and pretty much anything a person could want. I felt that the staff went out of their way to help me, and I was especially pleased with the variety of options they offered for getting to the airport. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Leah W
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear "greentea822",

Thank you for your lovely review on your recent stay at Pullman Auckland. We very much loved having you stay with us and we are delighted that you had an enjoyable experience.

We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Pullman Auckland

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I have stayed three times at Pullman. Last stay was not completely care-free, but previously I had a lot of good experience, and staff tried to solve the issues as they popped up. I had a crying baby next to my dream room and it was difficult to find another as nice room as I had previously allocated because hotel was full.

Next day I got allocated a superior room in a hall of residences. The room was really modern, with a spacious bathroom and a balcony. Additionally, the room was fully equipped if you would like to cook something or reheat.

Food at the hotel's restaurant really tasty. Dinner delicious. Breakfast - good selection. Egg's Benedict amazing! Prepare your own coffee as you like using a really good coffee maker - which uses a unique capsule system that ensures the perfect cup of espresso every time - modern solution. It would not hurt to provide fresh orange juice during the breakfast though. Pineapple juice below average and pineapple on the platter a bit overriped two days in row.

I will stay again in October, as I really like the pool area and freshly renovated rooms in the hall of residences provide an enjoyable stay.

If you have any issues with your stay - contact Carly Saunders - she will try to make your stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Choose a studio room in a hall of residence or executive king suite - they are not much more expensi...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jacek_TA
Reviewed 16 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I spent a weekend night with friends in the residential suites.
Stayed in corner 1 bed suite plus adjoining studio which were very impressive.

It had a great view over Auckland habour with spacious balcony.
Rooms were very spacious and tidy too. Considering the rate I paid, I think it is one of the better valued hotels in Auckland.

The hotel itself sits high over Auckland city so if you stay on a high floor, you're most likely to get a good view.
With Auckland Uni. and Albert park in front, and the Shortland St. business district behind, it is very quiet. However, it can be a bit of effort to walk to most of the attractions and restaurants especially when walking the uphill back to the hotel.

The service was exceptional as usual.
Duty manager, Manish, has gone extra miles to arrange the adjoining rooms for us over the phone and once we're at the hotel, everything from the check in to check out was quick and responsive.

Room Tip: - For hotel rooms, I find rooms facing south better due to views over the Auckland uni and Albert pa...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sungjae H

Dear "Sungjae H",

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay.

I will share your kind comments with Manish and the team. They will be delighted that you had a memorable stay.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed at the Pullman recently at the beginning of August and once again there service was great. The room that I requested was not ready when I arrived early however they simply fixed the problem by giving me an upgrade. It is a great location.

1  Thank Mike S
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear "Mike S",

It was a pleasure to welcome you back to Pullman Auckland. We very much love having you stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My work takes me all over Australasia and I'm away about ten months a year and last week I experienced the best hotel service and room. Firstly you are greeted by helpful and professional concierge, helped to the desk checked in by smiling, helpful, dapper staff. The hotel was spotless from foyer to room and my room and more importantly the bed was fabulous. I'm writing this from another hotel " wish I was back at the Pullman"

Room Tip: Did not experience any noise
1  Thank Phillips2930
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear "Phillips2930",

Wow! Thank you for your amazing review! The team and I are truly humbled by your kind words. We cannot wait to welcome you back to the Pullman Auckland!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was put up on Level 6 with a view overlooking the city skuline and port. Great sleep quality as well but the room size is tad smaller. Good range for the breakfast but very expensive. Costs you over $100 for 3 people. The lowest point of the hotel is its Wi-Fi connectivity. It is very flaky and keeps cutting out.

Room Tip: Higher floors ahve good view
1  Thank Bhavik_D

Dear "Bhavik_D",

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to Pullman Auckland. I am so pleased that you had a relaxing and comfortable stay and very much enjoyed the views from your room. My sincere apologies however that you found the Wi-Fi connectivity inconsistent. While this is not normally the case, please let us know on future visits if this happens again, as we have a dedicated IT Manager for our guests who would be delighted to assist.