We were given a room on the 8th floor when we arrived and were informed that the lift only went to the 7th floor and then you have to climb two flights of stairs. We told them that was no good for us as neither of us were very good with stairs.
we were then told we should have asked for a room served by the lift. If it stated on the hotel information about the lift only going to the 7th floor we would have done. We always do it if we go to a hotel that states 'some rooms served by lift' or 'lift to floor 4'. This hotel did not say anything about it in their information, i told him it should inform people on their web page.
we did ask to change but they said they were full.
once you finally got to the room it was alright, you were just so tierd!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are currently undergoing a full refurbishment, the photos you can see are our now completed rooms. The Restaurant and reception are currently being renovated. Surrounded by the shopping and entertainment streets of the waterfront. Grand Windsor Hotel blends a protected historic building with chic, contemporary interior design. It boasts a great location in amongst the smart boutiques of Queen Street, right in the heart of Auckland and just off the scenic harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Windsor Hotel Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Accor Hotel Windsor Auckland
- Mercure Hotel Windsor Auckland
- Grand Windsor Hotel Auckland New Zealand