My husband and I stayed last night in a one bedroomed apartment at Quay West Suites. We were blown away with the size of the apartment. It had everything and more including it's own full laundry.
Deck was huge and view amazing.
Location was great as once we had parked the car ($26) we walked where we wanted to go.
Staff were all friendly, check in and out quick and easy.
We used our Accor card to book this room so felt we really got great value for money and are already looking forward to staying here again.
Downside was the water pressure in the shower which was not great and the little cafe had already closed when we arrived mid afternoon.
Everything was spotlessly clean and we highly recommend Quay West Suites.
Dear Jenny M,
Thank you for your positive feedback in relation to your recent stay at Quay West Suites Auckland. We are pleased you enjoyed the spacious suite and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Mum and I stayed here for 3 nights. We had a a high floor (L 21) grand corner suite. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, laundrey, kitchen, dining room, longe room and large balcony on both sides. Views out to West Harbour, Westhaven Marina, Auckland Harbour bridge, Rangitoto Island, sparkling Waitemata Harbour, out to the other more distant islands - right around! Easy access to the fairly recently developed downtown viaduct and Britomart areas. Easy stay - no hassle - great apartment - every thing that you could possibly want or need. I joined Count Down NZ (Woolworths) and had basic breakfast groceries delivered so they were waiting for me at reception when we arrived. I had contacted reception about it - no worries. I would stay here again - especially with teenagers - room to spread out - access to downtown Akl - own bathrrom - own food supply and able to wash n dry clothes! Only thing that was difficult was trying to get through to them from Australia - both initially to make the reservation and also to speak to them afterwards - longwinded process and often put on hold and cut off.
Dear D R,
We appreciate your detailed feedback relating to your recent stay at Quay West Suites Auckland. We are pleased to hear the hotel offerings and service met your expectation and requirements. The suites certainly lend themselves to families given the space and facilities provided. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Mixed feelings about this place. Stayed with my wife and our two kids for 6 nights. First the positives
1. Excellent location - good base to explore Auckland.
2. Rooms although a little dated quite comfortable, serviced daily and clean.
3. Most staff (apart from one) friendly and helpful
Negatives unfortunately outweigh the positives:
1. Outrageous Internet fees. I travel extensively and reluctantly except Internet fees in better properties. I am usually fine with paying up to $30 a night as this will be used for all devices (laptop, iPads, mobiles). However, the Quay West Auckland charges $25 per device per day! For a business person this is just not acceptable. This is a just a rip off! Additionally the Internet is very slow. The property will try to say free Internet is available in the foyer but this just does not cut if. Also the speed in the foyer was barely above old dial up speeds!
Internet cost is the reason only given 1 star for value.
2. Very noisy. Rooms are not well insulated and street noise is a constant problem when sleeping even on the higher floors.
3. Fire Alarm malfunctioned a number of times during our stay. No apology to guests.
4. Attempted to charge us for items we did not consume.
5. The night before our departure reception called to advise we should have checked out in the morning and if we wanted to stay an extra night fees would apply. Reception was in the wrong. We prepaid room and had to argue we were in the right. Finally it was accepted we were correct. No apology provided.
Good location but there other some excellent hotels in just as good locations. Explore your options. I will not be returning to the Quay West Auckland.
Thank you for your feedback relating to your experience at Quay West Suites Auckland. We appreciate all of your constructive comments and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further offline. Please do not hesitate to contact me direct on firstname.lastname@example.org.