I stayed here for three nights in July 2011. The hotel certainly didn't live up to its own hype. It is not a bad hotel, but there are certainly a lot of issues which need the management's attention. Some of the problems have been raised on TripAdvisor in the past and nothing has been done about them, in spite of management comments!
- The internet access, which was awful and expensive. Not only was it $29NZ for 100MB, but the wireless rarely worked. If you rely on internet to do your job then this isn't the hotel for you
- Maintenance issues in the rooms. I had a blocked toilet, a broken chair, broken blinds and a very dirty carpet
- My room on the 18th floor was rather noisy. The cleaning staff in the corridor could be heard and I could hear banging through the walls.
- I felt the hotel was lacking a heart. The entrance was unwelcoming (being rennovated?) and service in the downstairs bar was so slow that I once walked out.
- The rate I paid was very reasonable
- The location is pretty good
I am sure you can do worse in central Auckland, but you can probably do better too.More