“always great”

GreenLeadersGold level
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“always great”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

always a great stay here. friendly staff, clean comfy rooms. and the best part is they don't hold a fortune on your credit card for check in like most hotels. only $1 which is how they all should be!

3 Thank Ritchie G
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are in the final stages of the sign off process for a full hotel room refurbishment – we are very excited about this and hope to welcome you back in the future to experience our new rooms. We are also pleased to announce that we offer complimentary WIFI access to all hotel guests.

Kind Regards,

Alison Borland I Guest Relations Executive | SKYCITY Grand Hotel
alison.borland@skycity.co.nz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This was my third time at the hotel and did not disappoint. Room was great, spacious and very clean. Nice deep bath and powerful shower. All staff, from doorman to cleaning lady were very efficient, helpful and friendly. Great location for business or pleasure and not that far from the water front bar and restaurant area.
Will certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Great views from the waterside rooms but may cost a little extra
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank john c
, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Dear john c

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at The Grand and sure that others will benefit from your review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Grand.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 25 June 2012

The price is fair and the hotel is generally good, my city view room is absolutely fantastic, the wireless internet is free for checked-in guest. But I am total not satisfying the housekeeping, sometimes made me annoyed. I am a rather tidy person so I prefer 2 days housekeeping instead of 1 day, and then sometimes I fall to sleep in the afternoon because of time difference. I always put my do-not-disturbing outside my room door before I am going to sleep, but these house keeper ignored many times to call my room or knock my door for servicing after I have slept, during my 2 weeks stay in this hotel I have been disturbed by their housekeeping for at least 3 days, the do not disturbing paper "Having a great sleep" is total meaningless. One day I prepared to sleep, they call my room again and I missed as I am using lavatory, and then they come to knock my door for service. Feeling very bad when your are not respected about your rest time!!

I am used to stay in Quest apartment for longer times, and the house keeper never disturb me if I put not-disturbing-me outside the door although its price is cheaper than the Skycity

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Dear Shanon W

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disturbances you received during your stay at The Grand, this is certainly not the high standard of service we take pride in delivering to our guests.

We strive to achieve excellence and disappointed that we fell short in your expectations on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss you stay in more detail.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Stayed for one night. From the time we drove up the service was great - opted for the valet parking which was a dream - very friendly reception and we were told that they had no problem getting the car up and down for us as often as we wanted (not that this was necessary).
On check in we were given the option of paying a little more for a higher floor with a view and a late checkout. We took this up and were glad for it - beautiful view over the water and the next morning it was very nice not to rush.
We went offsite for dinner, it is an easy walk to many great spots in the city.
Came back through the casino for a look around - gambling not really our thing but still fun to check it out.
Sleep was great - no noise at all from rooms next door which is nice.
Breakfast at the Terrace was really good, I like the single eggs benedict serves
All in all a great stay

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Megs_TS
, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Dear Megs_TS

Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of upgrading to a Harbour View Room, the views are just spectacular.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast. Individual servings ensure that our offerings are always fresh for our guests and I will pass on your compliments to the Chef.

We look forward to your next stay.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Room and Bathroom were fine, but what is up with the towels - almost threadbare and the pillows were flatter than the pancakes at breakfast, was really disappointing

1 Thank aussiekiwi_boy
, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2012
Dear aussiekiwi_boy

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Although delighted that you enjoyed our rooms, I was very disappointed to read your comments regarding our towels and linen, this is certainly not the high standard we take pride in.

I welcome you to contact me with your details in order that I can fully attend to the matter.

Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 21 June 2012

A good room and location.
Good fast internet was included in the package, which made it better value than I expected for a business trip. And of course, the lifts took me straight into the convention centre.

Dear sslo01

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of a rate that included complimentary Wi-Fi a must for any business traveller.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Good hotel to stay when you start your journey of NZ from Auckland !! :)
There are a lot of places around to see and please dont miss on the restaurant "Ravi" which is 2 minutes walking from this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank swatikarmarkar
, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear Swatikarmarkar

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and have a wonderful holiday in New Zealand.

Kind Regards