SKYCITY Grand Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
SKYCITY Hotel(Auckland Central)
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
  • Room Service
Econo Lodge City Central(Auckland Central)
Average 3/5
  • Restaurant
Elliott St Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)
  • Room Service
Rydges Auckland(Auckland Central)
Heritage Auckland(Auckland Central)
  • Pool
CityLife Auckland(Auckland Central)
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel(Auckland Central)
2,690 results
All reviewssky towerpremium luxurybaby grand packagemacaroonsfederal streetharbour view roomnew zealandpillow menustar hotelvalet parkinglobby barthe heart of the citycentral locationrestaurants and barsbuffet breakfastlong flightqueen street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed here with my mum for the netball which was at vector arena - we got a package that included a bottle of bubbly and a chocolate platter. The room had an amazing view and the location of this hotel is awesome. We had dinner at the Grill (downstairs) which is always awesome and then the concierge staff got us a taxi at a high demand period - nothing was a problem for the staff and they were friendly and professional. We had a late check out with our package so enjoyed treatments at the day spa followed by a degustation lunch at the Grove which is a short walk away. We were able to leave our car in the parking (valet included in deal) until we were ready to leave. I have loyalty memberships with other chains but this package deal coupled with the location and the service mean I will be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Dear mel365

Thank you reviewing The Grand Hotel following your recent stay.

It sounds like you had lovely stay with your mum and I was delighted that you enjoyed your meal at The Grill and you were well looked after by the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Grand in the near future, remember to have a look at our website for our latest packages and up to date news about developments at SKYCITY.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed here for business and had never been to New Zealand before. The hotel was very nice and clean and was staffed with extrememly polite and helpful people. We were within walking distance to a busy food and drinking area. There is a casino attatched to the hotel which my coworker loved. They also have a teathered bungy jump adventure from the top of the spire of the hotel. If I ever go back to the North island, I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear Allen S

Thank you for your recent review of The Grand Hotel.

I was pleased to read your feedback and look forward to passing your comments onto the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Grand in the near future.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I paid $300nz for my nights accommodation & was disappointed. I stayed on level 18 and had a king & single bed. My sleep was terrible as the bed felt like it slopped to he side & was terribly uncomfortable.
I was then shocked to pay $40 for breakfast the next day, unbelievably overpriced!
A positive though was free in room wi if which was extremely fast & definitely something to enjoy.
Overall a nice hotel. But don't eat breakfast there unless your willing to pay...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tom A
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Tom A

Thank you for your recent review of The Grand Hotel and I was disappointed to read your comments following your stay.

Following your comments, we are due to commence a full refurbishment of rooms and at the same time we will be replacing all of the beds in our new rooms. Our Terrace team are currently reviewing our offerings and prices and are due to launch some breakfast alternatives over the coming weeks. We are looking forward to these changes taking place and I do hope that you have the opportunity to return to experience them.

Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your next stay and I am sure we will meet if not exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Me and my daughter shared a lovely time at skycity grand hotel it was a great experience and a first time experience for my 7 year old daughter. She absolutely loved the pool and spa and the food was great from room service even if my daughter only had mashed potatoes I sure enjoyed my meal. The staff were very friendly but their was a lot of renovations happening I'm sure it will look great once it is all finished. The view was amazing of the harbour I will definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear natashawallace

Thank you for your recent review of The Grand Hotel.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at The Grand and had some really nice “mum and daughter time” together.

In addition to the changes in the lobby area, we will also be commencing a full refurbishment of our rooms and are very excited to seeing a new lobby and new rooms and ho

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

stayed here for 4 nights on the 18th floor. nicely presented and modern room with a view. Great location! Everything you could ask for in a solid 4 star hotel. Gym and lap pool satisfactory though spa pool was out of order half the time. Ordered room service late one night...fairly average and they had run out of tomato sauce!

Room Tip: high level for the view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank Russ.metge
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear Russ.metge

Thank you for your recent review of The Grand Hotel.

Thank you for both your positive feedback and also your feedback identifying areas which we can improve upon – both of which will be shared with the teams and reviewed.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.