“Grand Hotel Sky City Auckland”

SKYCITY Grand Hotel
Ranked #3 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We have just returned from 2 more exciting nights at the Sky City Grand Hotel. Shandon and William made our visit really special as they really looked after us. It really nice to be pampered sometimes. Everyone at the complex is super friendly and nice. The only place to stay when you are in Auckland. Thank you, jim and rosie crain sr.

Room Tip: Ask for William. Get Harbour room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Retiredforever

Thank you for reviewing The Grand Hotel on Tripadvisor.

It is lovely to hear from our regular guests and I will pass your compliments onto William and Shandon – I am pleased that they looked after you during your stay.

Thank you also for your room tip – our Harbour View Rooms are wonderful aren’t they?

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Grand, hopefully in the not too distant future.

alison.borland@skycity.co.nz

Write a ReviewReviews (2,646)

Reviewed 9 October 2013

My husband and I had a night away from the kids and what an hotel to choose, on arrival the staff were attentive and answered all of our questions in a very helpful way, Mary the receptionist for both check in and departure had a great nature and personality it certainly was a great first impression. Service throughout our stay was first class and the Grand left you with a tranquil feeling. Will definitely be visiting again, thanks!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Dear Friezland 1308

Thank you for your recent review of The Grand Hotel.

I was just delighted that you enjoyed your night away at The Grand and left feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.

We take a huge amount of pride in delivering great customer service and I will be passing your feedback onto the team and in particular to Mary on reception.

The team look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We have stayed previously at the Sky Grand Hotel & enjoyed our stay. This time however we didn't due to the renovations happening in the hotel. We were apart of a large International conference which was being held in the conference centre next door.

Unfortunately due to the renovations to the lobby we found it extremely difficult to socialise after our work commitments at the lobby bar. We however managed to squeeze into the Sean Connolly Restaurant bar for after work & dinner drinks but had to move on as the venue was unable to cater for our large International group.

On our last visit we stayed in a suite which was fabulous however this time we had a harbour view room which was nice with wonderful views but we found the room to be too small for us for a week stay so we opted to move down the road to the Quay West Suites which suited as perfectly.

The restaurant on the lobby floor was also closed due to renovations which limited our choices regarding where to dine in the hotel.

Although this hotel when in full swing is ideal for business guests it certainly let us down this time due to the renovations. We were also disappointed that we were not told of the hotel renovations when we booked.

There was also restricted access to the conference centre from the hotel so we had to do a full circle

IMO; I feel the hotel should compensate guests when renovations are happening by at least giving them notice or a free drink. Another gripe was having to pay a massive rate for the Saturday night due to a football match being held in Auckland.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ellemay

Dear Ellemay

Thank you for your recent review of The Grand Hotel.

I was disappointed to read your latest review of The Grand Hotel. I understand your frustration about the renovations that are taking place and I apologise for the inconvenience this caused you.

Once the renovations are complete, we will have an area where our guests can relax. We are really looking forward to the changes that are taking place and hope you have the opportunity to return to experience the new look of The Grand.

Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your next stay and I am sure we will meet if not exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed here with my mum for the netball which was at vector arena - we got a package that included a bottle of bubbly and a chocolate platter. The room had an amazing view and the location of this hotel is awesome. We had dinner at the Grill (downstairs) which is always awesome and then the concierge staff got us a taxi at a high demand period - nothing was a problem for the staff and they were friendly and professional. We had a late check out with our package so enjoyed treatments at the day spa followed by a degustation lunch at the Grove which is a short walk away. We were able to leave our car in the parking (valet included in deal) until we were ready to leave. I have loyalty memberships with other chains but this package deal coupled with the location and the service mean I will be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear mel365

Thank you reviewing The Grand Hotel following your recent stay.

It sounds like you had lovely stay with your mum and I was delighted that you enjoyed your meal at The Grill and you were well looked after by the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Grand in the near future, remember to have a look at our website for our latest packages and up to date news about developments at SKYCITY.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed here for business and had never been to New Zealand before. The hotel was very nice and clean and was staffed with extrememly polite and helpful people. We were within walking distance to a busy food and drinking area. There is a casino attatched to the hotel which my coworker loved. They also have a teathered bungy jump adventure from the top of the spire of the hotel. If I ever go back to the North island, I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear Allen S

Thank you for your recent review of The Grand Hotel.

I was pleased to read your feedback and look forward to passing your comments onto the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Grand in the near future.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I paid $300nz for my nights accommodation & was disappointed. I stayed on level 18 and had a king & single bed. My sleep was terrible as the bed felt like it slopped to he side & was terribly uncomfortable.
I was then shocked to pay $40 for breakfast the next day, unbelievably overpriced!
A positive though was free in room wi if which was extremely fast & definitely something to enjoy.
Overall a nice hotel. But don't eat breakfast there unless your willing to pay...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tom A
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Tom A

Thank you for your recent review of The Grand Hotel and I was disappointed to read your comments following your stay.

Following your comments, we are due to commence a full refurbishment of rooms and at the same time we will be replacing all of the beds in our new rooms. Our Terrace team are currently reviewing our offerings and prices and are due to launch some breakfast alternatives over the coming weeks. We are looking forward to these changes taking place and I do hope that you have the opportunity to return to experience them.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Me and my daughter shared a lovely time at skycity grand hotel it was a great experience and a first time experience for my 7 year old daughter. She absolutely loved the pool and spa and the food was great from room service even if my daughter only had mashed potatoes I sure enjoyed my meal. The staff were very friendly but their was a lot of renovations happening I'm sure it will look great once it is all finished. The view was amazing of the harbour I will definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear natashawallace

Thank you for your recent review of The Grand Hotel.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at The Grand and had some really nice “mum and daughter time” together.

In addition to the changes in the lobby area, we will also be commencing a full refurbishment of our rooms and are very excited to seeing a new lobby and new rooms and ho

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.