“A trully world class hotel”

SKYCITY Grand Hotel
Ranked #4 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This is our first world class hotel experience in New Zealand. The rooms are clean and pleasantly decorated. All amenities are well maintained. The service is excellent and the breakfast is excellent - both the cooked and buffet with a variety not matched with any other we have encountered in New Zealand.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank julo972
Alison B, Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Julian S,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay and experience with us at SKYCITY Grand Hotel.

I was delighted to read your pleasant review - I must agree, our rooms are fabulous.

I have passed your feedback regarding the excellent service received to our team - they love receiving feedback such as yours!

I have also sent your comments regarding our newest restaurant, Gusto at the Grand - we are very proud to have yet another fantastic restaurant within our hotel lobby.

Thank you again for your feedback - we do look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Please get in touch with me directly so that I can arrange your reservation for you.

colette.leonard@skycity.co.nz

Write a ReviewReviews (2,622)

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights prior to joining our cruise ship in Auckland Harbour.
The booking was made by the Cruise company so with one other compliment of cruise passengers as well as ours the hotel was very busy.
The hotel accomodation is a reasonable standard and the staff are very friendly.
Breakfast on our last morning however was chaotic with nearly all the cruise passengers wanting breakfast at the same time.
We had to wait an hour before being shown to our table but at least the lady managing the seating kept a pleasant disposure dispite the rude comments from a few of the guests.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BrianMellor
Alison B, Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear BrianMellor,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Grand Hotel.

Cruise ship season is a very busy one for us at the hotel - I am pleased that you found our staff to be friendly - I will be sure to pass this feedback on to them.

I have also passed on your feedback regarding your breakfast comments and do apologise for the wait time you experience. Gusto at The Grand is our newest restaurant, and has just recently opened.

Thank you again for your feedback!

We trust you will visit us again soon - please get in touch with me directly so that I can arrange your reservation for you.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed 2 nights in Mar 2014 in a premium luxury king room. It was a nice, modern and functional room and we quite liked it. It wasn’t very big but the layout provided ample room for two people and luggage, had a little comfy couch, and free internet/wi-fi. The bathroom was also nice and surprisingly had a decent sized tub tucked into it, good counter space, and a nice shower although the rainhead is too low for taller people. We normally prefer smaller hotels but took a room here because all other hotels were booked out due to a concert. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the room and the feel of the hotel.

The location is central CBD and close to everything. We had breakfast in the Gusto restaurant and went a la carte instead of buffet. The food was delicious and the restaurant is quite nice and airy. For an evening meal we tried The Grill and it was good but didn’t quite live up to our expectations.

Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JMB

Dear JMB

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us at SKYCITY Grand Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, and the room - it sounds like you stayed in one of our recently refurbished premium luxury king rooms - we love the new furnishings and design and they are proving to be very popular.

Gusto at The Grand is our newest restaurant, now open in the hotel lobby. It is always exciting when something new opens, and I was pleased to read your feedback - I have passed this on to the team in the restaurant.

I was however disappointed to read your comments regarding the Grill Restaurant - please do feel free to contact me directly with further information, so that I can pass your comments on.

Thank you again for your feedback, it is much appreciated.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Can't fault this hotel. Beautiful, spacious rooms, great service, great location.
The staff were always available and always very helpful, and the rooms were spectacular. Loved the fact that internet access was fast and easy to access,

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Timothy S
Alison B, Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Timothy S,

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I have passed your comments about our team on to them - they love receiving feedback such as yours - it makes what they do that much more rewarding.

The free wifi is fantastic isn't it - such a necessity nowadays!

Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Booked a Executive harbour view room and could barely make out the harbour. We arrived quite late in the evening, check out was slow with a queue. Too tired to change room. Found the mattress got incredibly hot. No free water in the room which we had found was a standard in all the other hotels we stayed in on our NZ trip. Did enjoy the breakfast which had a great selection.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SpaceTimeTravel

Dear SpaceTimeTravel,

Thank you for your feedback.

I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I do apologise for the slow check out - and have brought your comments to the attention of our Front Office Manager.

Water is available in the in room minibar - at competitive pricing - with varying options.

The breakfast is great isn't it - the new location and menu is proving very popular with all of our guests.

Thank you again for your feedback and we trust you will visit us again soon - please get in touch with me directly so that I can arrange your reservation for you.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Good location easy access to main shopping area in Queen Street and convenient walk to the harbour area.

Rooms are average, comfortable but cannot be classified as Grand or outstanding.

Lobby seemed very chaotic as it was full to bursting point with luggage as a cruise liner was also checking in / out on the day we arrived so it was not a very welcoming sight

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaxSpark

Dear MaxSpark,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feeback about your stay with us at SKYCITY Grand Hotel.

I was disappointed to read that you found the rooms average - we are currently undergoing a room refurbishement, and have completed the first 4 floors of the project, with the rest of the hotel to be completed in the coming year.

Thank you again for your feeback, and we do hope that you will stay with us again in the near future. Please get in touch with me directly so that I can arrange your reservation for you.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We arrived Xmas eve morning, exhausted from 22 hours of flying. The Grand allowed us to check into our rooms 7 hours early and did not even charge us extra. We were so grateful to be able to just collapse onto beautiful beds. It was relaxing, lovely-- perfect. We had Christmas morning brunch there the next day and it was so most expansive, gorgeous brunch I think I had ever experienced. Thank you for a great stay. We hope to be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gena424

Dear Gena424,

The title of your review sums up your stay in two words... thank you for the great feedback!

I was pleased to read that you had a "perfect stay" with us, and that the team were able to provide a room for you when you arrived at the hotel early morning. We do recommend our guests that should they be arriving on early flights, to pre-book the hotel room for the night prior to ensure they are given immediated access to their rooms. Alternatively, they can leave it to chance - and see if anything is available when they arrive.

I have passed your feedback on about the restaurant and brunch - it is a fantastic breakfast offering, that we are very proud of.

Thank you again for your feedback - it was a pleausre to read.