“Luxury Service”

GreenLeadersGold level
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Luxury Service”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

The service at Skycity Grand Hotel was excellent. The staff were available at any time for anything we needed, everyone was very friendly and very courteous. The staff were able to sort out any problems we had very promptly and it did not seem like a hassle for them. When ordering any towels or extras it was brought to us within a few minutes fast service with a smile. The rooms are very clean and spacious the views are very nice as well. The location is close to everything and it is all within walking distance. I could not fault the service or the rooms. The buffet breakfast was delicious and fresh there was quite a variety of food to choose from, nice hot scrambled eggs to nice refreshing cereal and juice. The orbit restaurant is an awesome experience with the best views of Auckland and beautiful dishes definitely recommend going here at least once in your life time. Highly recommend the Grand Hotel if you want the best service, luxury rooms, delicious food, beautiful views and an amazing time !!!

1 Thank MastaRmB
ColetteLeonardAKL, Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear MastaRmB,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience with us at SKYCITY grand Hotel.

I was delighted to read your comments, in particular your comments about our team - we pride our selves on excellent customer service, and I am pleased to hear that we met and exceeded expectations.

We have wonderful restaurants and bars - over 20 of them across the SKYCITY Complex, and I was happy to read you enjoyed breakfast at our newest restaurant, Gusto at the Grand. Orbit is a great restaurant, with fantastic views of the city.

Thank you again for taking the time to write about your stay - we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

colette.leonard@skycity.co.nz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (533)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Denver
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed at the Sky City Grand on our final night in New Zealand. We were staring at a red eye flight to San Francisco the next night, so needed a more plush, luxurious, and (most importantly) quiet experience so that we'd get our rest before our long journey home. This hotel delivered. The room was at the end of the hall away from elevators, as requested. And on a higher floor facing the quiet side of downtown. While we could see car traffic below, we heard nothing. The room wasn't huge, but the bed was plenty comfortable and clean. The wifi in the room was free, unlimited, and speedy. Also, the service here was friendly and helpful. The next day, my wife had an awful migraine headache as we checked out, and the staff got her a cold pack from security to soothe her pain. The attitude of those I dealt with at this hotel was excellent.

1 Thank RockiesExpert
Alison B, Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear RockiesExpert,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment about your stay with us at SKYCITY Grand Hotel.

I was extremely pleased to read about your stay with us, and that you had an enjoyable time.

We pride oursevles on excellent customer service, and I proud that the team not only delivered, but exceeded expectations.

I trust your wife is feeling better now.

We do look forward to welcoming you both back again soon - please get in contact with me directly so that I can arrange your reservation for you.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Could not fault the service or overall excellence of the SkyCity Grand Hotel. A true world class hotel experience. Excellent facilities and rooms, in room service meals were fantastic despite being close to 1 in the morning. Excellent atmosphere, located around a vast selection of fantastic eateries and bars.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Stapy
Dear Stapy,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay with us at SKYCITY Grand Hotel.

We pride ourselves on excellent customer service, and I delighted to read that we were able to exceed your expectations, and that you had a "grand experience" whilst staying with us.

I have passed your comments on about service to the team - they love receiving feedback such as yours.

I have also sent your lovely comments to our Restaurant Manager at Gusto at the Grand - as his team runs the room service element for our hotel rooms.

We are spoilt for choice at SKYCITY, we have over 23 restaurants and bars within the complex to choose from.

Thank you again for your feedbac - we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Omer, Israel
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This is our first world class hotel experience in New Zealand. The rooms are clean and pleasantly decorated. All amenities are well maintained. The service is excellent and the breakfast is excellent - both the cooked and buffet with a variety not matched with any other we have encountered in New Zealand.

1 Thank julo972
Dear Julian S,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay and experience with us at SKYCITY Grand Hotel.

I was delighted to read your pleasant review - I must agree, our rooms are fabulous.

I have passed your feedback regarding the excellent service received to our team - they love receiving feedback such as yours!

I have also sent your comments regarding our newest restaurant, Gusto at the Grand - we are very proud to have yet another fantastic restaurant within our hotel lobby.

Thank you again for your feedback - we do look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Please get in touch with me directly so that I can arrange your reservation for you.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights prior to joining our cruise ship in Auckland Harbour.
The booking was made by the Cruise company so with one other compliment of cruise passengers as well as ours the hotel was very busy.
The hotel accomodation is a reasonable standard and the staff are very friendly.
Breakfast on our last morning however was chaotic with nearly all the cruise passengers wanting breakfast at the same time.
We had to wait an hour before being shown to our table but at least the lady managing the seating kept a pleasant disposure dispite the rude comments from a few of the guests.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BrianMellor
Alison B, Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear BrianMellor,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Grand Hotel.

Cruise ship season is a very busy one for us at the hotel - I am pleased that you found our staff to be friendly - I will be sure to pass this feedback on to them.

I have also passed on your feedback regarding your breakfast comments and do apologise for the wait time you experience. Gusto at The Grand is our newest restaurant, and has just recently opened.

Thank you again for your feedback!

We trust you will visit us again soon - please get in touch with me directly so that I can arrange your reservation for you.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed 2 nights in Mar 2014 in a premium luxury king room. It was a nice, modern and functional room and we quite liked it. It wasn’t very big but the layout provided ample room for two people and luggage, had a little comfy couch, and free internet/wi-fi. The bathroom was also nice and surprisingly had a decent sized tub tucked into it, good counter space, and a nice shower although the rainhead is too low for taller people. We normally prefer smaller hotels but took a room here because all other hotels were booked out due to a concert. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the room and the feel of the hotel.

The location is central CBD and close to everything. We had breakfast in the Gusto restaurant and went a la carte instead of buffet. The food was delicious and the restaurant is quite nice and airy. For an evening meal we tried The Grill and it was good but didn’t quite live up to our expectations.

Overall a nice stay.

1 Thank JMB
Dear JMB

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us at SKYCITY Grand Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, and the room - it sounds like you stayed in one of our recently refurbished premium luxury king rooms - we love the new furnishings and design and they are proving to be very popular.

Gusto at The Grand is our newest restaurant, now open in the hotel lobby. It is always exciting when something new opens, and I was pleased to read your feedback - I have passed this on to the team in the restaurant.

I was however disappointed to read your comments regarding the Grill Restaurant - please do feel free to contact me directly with further information, so that I can pass your comments on.

Thank you again for your feedback, it is much appreciated.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Can't fault this hotel. Beautiful, spacious rooms, great service, great location.
The staff were always available and always very helpful, and the rooms were spectacular. Loved the fact that internet access was fast and easy to access,

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Timothy S
Alison B, Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Timothy S,

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I have passed your comments about our team on to them - they love receiving feedback such as yours - it makes what they do that much more rewarding.

The free wifi is fantastic isn't it - such a necessity nowadays!

Thank you again for your feedback!