“Nice and pleasant”

GreenLeadersGold level
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Nice and pleasant”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Very good hotel with very co-prating staff. Special thanks to pinky for helping me in booking, It was my business trip and this hotel convert it to luxury. Great value for money. Too good room service.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
ColetteLeonardAKL, Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Gauravjain_1982,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us - I am pleased to read that although it was a business trip, you felt like you had a luxurious stay.

I was also pleased to read you enjoyed the room service, and I will be sure to pass this on to the team.

Thank you again for your feedback - we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

colette.leonard@skycity.co.nz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
San Clemente, California
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We stayed here in early February for 2 nights prior to departing on a cruise. The first thing we noticed when we arrived was the chaos at the front desk and bell stand as there were several ships sending clients there, and they were not equipped to handle the volume of guests. After waiting for more than 20 minutes to check in we finally were directed to our room on the 19th floor. When we got off the elevator we noticed that a black top table in the area was so dusty, that someone had written "clean me" in the dust. When we checked out two days later the only change in that table was the dust depth had increased! We waited 30 minutes more for our bags to arrive at our room.
The next time I'm in Auckland I'll stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
ColetteLeonardAKL, Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear Robert S,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us at SKYCITY Grand Hotel.

I do apologise if you felt that we were not equipped to handle the volume of guests on your arrival date - we have measures in place to deal with our large volume of arrivals, especially on cruise ship arrival days - these are always our busiest days.

I have addressed your cleanliness concerns with our Executive Housekeeper, and she has asked me to pass on her apologies.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I do hope that you will come back and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We arrived and the door person was very genuine and helped us with our bags and then we went over to the desk and the person over the counter was nice too.

They were all doing their job to the best of their ability its not like they went out of their way to go beyond their job.

They all were well dressed in their uniforms but I do think that we looked a bit shabby thinking that we were in the wrong place a bit too flash.

The next time we were there we stayed at the Sky Casino Hotel and felt more comfortable there as there were no pretending and the workers there had a more human side to them and genuine smiles.

I guess that is why I gave it an average score.

Room Tip: I have no helpful tips sorry
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laufoli
Dear Laufoli,

I was happy to read that you found our doorman and reception team friendly - although I was disappointed to read that you felt you were in the wrong place - that is definately the impression we want you to have.

I have passed your feedback on to our team, and used it as a training tool - we generally receive very good comments about our team - I do apologise that you did not experience this for yourselves when you were here.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I do hope we will see you at the Grand Hotel again soon.

Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I travel to Auckland regularly and can thoroughly recommend a stay at the Sky City Grand Hotel, from checking in to checking out. Staff are polite and willing to offer assistance, room is clean and tidy. You are spoiled for food choices, breakfast and the Federal Delicatessen, the pastrami hash or Deport for their sensational bacon and egg roll. The Depot is also great for dinner, try and get a seat at the counter overlooking the kitchen. I have also dined and had drinks at The Grill, the food great, service and knowledge of staff great. I’ll be back to try the many other dining options.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
ColetteLeonardAKL, Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear bobfourb,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us at SKYCITY Grand Hotel.

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay, as well as that you got to try some of our amazing outlets - the food at both Depot and Federal Deli is outstanding!

Excellent customer service is of paramount importance to SKYCITY and I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback - it is always a pleausre to read comments such as yours about our team.

Thank you again for your feedback - we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Te Aroha, New Zealand
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We recently attended the Bruno Mars concert in Auckland and choose the Superstar Package at the SkyCity Grand Hotel. It was excellent and well worth the money. The day before we were to book in I received an email confirming our dinner reservation and a phone call from the hotel taxi to confirm a pick up time to take us to the show in their black Mercedes!. Sumit who checked us in shared the wonderful news we had been upgraded to a water view room and also shared a joke with us. I was impressed when it came time to check out he remembered us and our previous conversation and also gave me a ticket for the next door carpark so we were only charged the minimum of $20 for our stay. Pam who was our driver to the show was a delightful friendly woman who shared her knowledge of Auckland on our way to the stadium. Everyone we came in contact with knew what package we on and everything went extremely smoothly. Over all I would certainly take up the Superstar package again if attending a concert in Auckland. It made the whole event most enjoyable from start to finish.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NanaTarn
Dear NanaTarn,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience with us at SKYCITY Grand Hotel. It was a pleasure to read your review.

Excellent customer service is of great importance to us, so I was delighted to read that we met and exceeded all expectations.

I have been sure to pass your feedback on to both Sumit and Pam - they were both really happy to receive your feedback!

Thank you again for your feedback - it is much appreciated. We do look forward to welcoming you back again soon - please do get in contact with me directly, so that I can organise your bookings for you.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

In the heart of the city. Absolutely amazing experience. Great staff, great service, and just a really awesome hotel.

Only disappointment was that the $35 a night parking charge wasn't advertised much, nor advised to us upon check in. Valet staff are fantastic.

Lots of restaurants in the SkyCity precinct, and many more in town. Orbit 360 was amazing.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
ColetteLeonardAKL, Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Bailey N

I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I was disappointed to read that you felt you were not informed about the valet parking charges, and I will be sure to check all websites, to make sure that the pricing is clear.

Tokoroa
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We had two nights here while at a wedding in Auckland. The room was gorgeous and the views over the water, harbour bridge and sky city were fabulous. The restaurants on the street outside are fantastic! We ate at both Depot and Federal Delicatessen and both were superb. When I got home I realised I had left my hair straightners in the bathroom, I phoned and got through to housekeeping, they couriered them to me and I had them by the next morning! Valet parking and conceirage service was great too.

Room Tip: Ask for room with view of harbour bridge
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah F
Dear Sarah F

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us.

I was delighted to read your lovely comments about your experience with us, and I will be sure to pass your comments on to our team.

Depot and Federal Deli are two favourites within the SKYCITY Complex - we have over 20 restaurants and bars here at SKYCITY, so our guests have a wide range of options to choose from.

Thank you again for taking the time to write about your stay - it is much appreciated. We do look forward to welcoming you back again soon.