“You pay for what you get”

SKYCITY Grand Hotel
Ranked #4 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersGold level
Victoria, Canada
“You pay for what you get”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Great hotel. Definitely 5 star. It's not the cheapest hotel, but the finishing is nice, wifi is free (can be up to $20/day in NZ) and staff very accommodating. One staff member hooked me up to the printer in the business centre and let me print at least 20 pages for free which was awesome. Location is great too.

Room Tip: If you've got the money, go for the harbour view
1 Thank 78miket
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear MikeT

Thank you for your review of The Grand Hotel.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team were able to look after you during your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Alison.borland@skycity.co.nz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (533)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I recently booked the Baby Grande package for my daughter and her boyfriend for her 18th birthday. We live in Tauranga so going up to Auckland and staying at the Skycity Grande was a real treat and my daughter very excited. It was her first time at a Hotel without her parents. I emailed the Hotel ahead to give my credit card details and ensure her check in and out would be easy. My daughter said the experience was amazing, She said the satff were very attentive and it was as if the staff all knew her. She checked in and out with ease and there was even a birthday card wishing her a happy 18th in her room. Awesome experience and I would happily reccomend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Happyholidays1887
Dear Happyholidays1887

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay of The Grand Hotel.

I am delighted that your daughter enjoyed her 18th Birthday treat and I look forward to passing your comments onto the team – we love to make our guests feel special.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you also to The Grand Hotel in the future.

Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I have stayed here a couple of times now and I it's now become my hotel of choice for Business trips in Auckland. The location is great, the new styled rooms are excellent, really well laid out very clean and great for working. They have put in new desks which are great for working at. Wifi is free in rooms, and more importantly so easy to connect to which make a massive change from other hotels I have stayed in.
The new breakfast bar in the lobby called Gusto is also lovely. While a bit pricey the food and service is excellent and well worth getting.
If you do stay here I would also recommend the restaurant next door Masu, one of the best meals I have ever had. I think it also won best Auckland restaurant of the year recently.

Room Tip: The new styled rooms that they have are amazing. I know the 17 and 15 floors are new one.
1 Thank Kiwi_Kidd
Dear Kiwi_Kidd

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay of The Grand Hotel; it is great hear that we are your hotel of choice when travelling to Auckland.

I am so pleased you enjoy your stays with us and like our new rooms – our Premium Luxury Rooms. We have completed 5 floors with the next phase starting in spring of this year. Gusto is our latest restaurant to open and I look forward to passing your compliments onto the Gusto and award winning Masu teams.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Location of this hotel is very very central....right below the SkyCity Tower. It's a very new and modern hotel. Hotel room is of decent size with modern furnishings. WIFI connection was very good for NZ standards.
Good value for money hotel.
Would however want to point out that their check-in staff be a little friendlier. I'm not sure if we were treated differently because we were Asians.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hotmooer
Dear Hotmooer

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay of The Grand Hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our rooms and stay with us though disappointed to read your comments about our team on reception. This is certainly not the great feedback we take pride in receiving and I would like you to contact me directly so I can look into this further.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future and I am certain we will meet if not exceed your expectations.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I travelled for business and selected this hotel partly because of the free internet access which is essential for work and even more important if one travels internationally. Unfortunately I had patchy internet dropping out every minute for the entire duration of my stay. It would appear on the phone but not ipad nor laptop, then you could get it on the laptop but then it would drop out after a minute or so. I tried it at different times including middle of the night – same story. I called someone to come and fix it –they came to the room, reset the router and it worked for a minute and then dropped out. I had to resort to going to the convention centre which I was attending to sit in the corridor to download my emails! The room was adequate, clean and comfortable but the internet saga made my stay unbearable! Never again.

4 Thank TieTraveller
Dear TieTraveller

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Wi-Fi is a necessity for travellers these days and I am so sorry for the problems you encountered with our complimentary Wi-Fi service when staying with us and understand the inconvenience this must have caused you. I assure you that we are currently addressing the issue.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future and welcome you to contact me directly prior to your arrival.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2014

After a long overseas flight we spent 2 nights at the SKYCITY Grand hotel in a deluxe harbour view room. We requested a quiet room as we needed to get over the jet lag and the hotel thoughtfully complied. Our room was located on the top floor with a panoramic view of the harbour and was indeed very quiet. It was also very comfortable and large enough to accommodate a king bed, loveseat and sofa. The hotel is very well located close to the Sky Tower and within easy walking distance of many restaurants and the harbour. The SKYCITY Grand provided an overall excellent stay and allowed us to begin our New Zealand holiday rested and refreshed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2BBandBeyond
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear 2BBandBeyond

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, managing to relax and unwind in one of our stunning Harbour View Rooms before commencing your New Zealand adventure.

I hope you had a wonderful time and we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

India
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed there for one night only. The Hotel was just like normal star hotels. beautifully built, but nothing special to write about. Checkin was smooth even at 2.00 a.m. for a group of 50 ppl. breakfast spread was good. tea coffee , bar was well stocked.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Dua1

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us – albeit a short one. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss areas that we can improve on.

I hope you enjoyed the remainder of your visit to New Zealand and we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.