SKYCITY Grand Hotel
US$264
US$242
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$110
  • Restaurant
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$105
Orbitz.com
  • Fitness centre
  • Free Internet
Cordis, Auckland by Langham Hospitality Group(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$118
  • Restaurant
Scenic Hotel Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$121
  • Breakfast included
US$220
US$212
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
  • Room Service
Stamford Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$137
2,711 results
All reviewssky towerpremium luxurybaby grand packagemacaroonsfederal streetharbour view roomnew zealandpillow menustar hotelvalet parkinglobby barthe heart of the citycentral locationrestaurants and barsbuffet breakfastlong flightqueen street
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I spent a night at the Sky City Grand and we were treated like royalty - I highly recommend a stay there. The facilities (especially the lap pool and spa) were great and our dinner at the Sugar Club was awesome.

1  Thank CraigyNZ
ColetteLeonardAKL, Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear CraigyNZ,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us at SKYCITY Grand Hotel.

I am pleased to hear that you and your wife had an enjoyable stay with us - isn't the Sugar Club amazing? The views from the Skytower are just fantastic.

We look forward to welcoming you both back again soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights while attending a conference and I was very pleased with the standard. Of particular note is the fantastic gym, spa, sauna and swimming pool, very lovely and tasteful, and I made the most of this both nights.

Bed was comfortable, room service was prompt and very tasty, all staff i saw were extremely helpful and friendly. This is includes the staff looking after the meals with the conference. I stayed on the 20 th floor with a city view, which was nothing startling, but then i was not in the room much. The bathroom was lovely, but the shower could have been slightly larger and the water pressure a little better.

Overall i was very happy and would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank danjonelson

Dear danjonelson,

I was pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay and were able to make use of our gym/spa/swimming pool area.

I will be sure to pass on your comments about the team to them - they love receiving feedback such as yours!

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at the SkyCity Grand during the month of January on a business trip. Arrived in the wee hours and stayed in a city facing room. The view from the huge windows were breathtaking as this was my first time in Auckland. The room was pretty decent with clean linen and a fully-stocked mini bar.
The staff, mostly Indian, were very helpful and courteous. I got locked out of my room twice during my stay and they were very patient and extremely helpful. The complimentary breakfast was the only let down. The restaurant staff seemed inexperienced and slow and the food was just about okay. The road leading to the hotel was being worked on when we were there.
The hotel is literally at the city centre with the Sky Tower just adjacent to it. The many tiny restaurants on Federal Street outside Sky City Grand are worth a try!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank monty1505
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear monty1505

Thank you for your recent review of The Grand Hotel.

Though delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, I was disappointed to read your comments regarding your breakfast experience. Please contact me directly and I will be able to address your areas of concern with the team.

I look forward to hearing from you and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Alison Borland | Guest Relations Executive | SKYCITY Grand Hotel
Alison.borland@skycity.co.nz

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed in a city facing room on the 21st Floor. Expected a view of sorts, but sadly the adjacent Crowne Plaza is also 21 stories high, so got a great view of their walls and windows. Oherwise room was fine and wi-fi was both free and worked well. The hotel is large with many food and beverage outlets and of course the casinos too. Everything in general worked well, but the hotel lacked a the degree of warmth associated with other top of the range hotels such as The Langham. The concierge, however was extremely helpful, with taxi and bus advice. Breakfast in Gusto was fine, yet not extensive.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor harbour view rooms.
1  Thank Rjbrownmalta

Dear Rjbrownmalta

Thank you for your recent review of The Grand Hotel.

Thank you for both your positive feedback and suggestions for improvement. Feedback is very important to us and I will be sharing your comments with the team.

We hope to welcome you back to The Grand in the near future. Please contact me directly prior to your arrival and I will be more than happy to assist with your booking for a Harbour View Room.

Kind Regards

Alison Borland | Guest Relations Executive | SKYCITY Grand Hotel
Alison.borland@skycity.co.nz

Reviewed 25 May 2014

This has always been my hotel of choice in Auckland. This weekend was an absolute disaster. Rude reception staff on the Saturday and appalling customer service. Had the Baby Grand package most of the package deals were not delivered to our room despite going down to reception twice and asking for them! Spent near to $500 over the weekend, most disappointed! Not one to normally complain but this was absolutely shocking.

6  Thank AHedley

Dear AHedley,

Thank you for taking the time to write on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased that we were able to come to an amicable solution with you via email correspondence.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.