“The Grand VS Not so Grand”

SKYCITY Grand Hotel
Ranked #3 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed for 1 night with my husband. Service was great but there were some suspect looking stains on the roof above the bed. Not the best thing to be looking at when we were lying in bed. Our view wasn't the greatest either looking at the boilers on the roof top. For a 5 star hotel we were expecting to get a few extras like slippers, toothpaste ect like when we stayed at the langham. Don't think we will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ColetteLeonardAKL, Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Asia J,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at SKYCITY Grand Hotel.

I was disappointed to read your comments, and I welcome you to contact me directly, so that we can have a look at the room you were staying in.

We have slippers and toothbrushes available, on request basis.

Thank you again for your comments.

colette.leonard@skycity.co.nz

Write a ReviewReviews (2,651)

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Had one night here for my husbands birthday celebrations. Staff on reception were polite and helpful, gave us a harbour view room.

Room was very high standard, clean and comfortable. The view was amazing. Bathroom nicely furnished and clean.

Valet parking and concierge were excellent, well worth the $35.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kazz9999

Dear kazz9999,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us at SKYCITY Grand Hotel.

I was pleased to read that you had an overall enjoyable stay, and I will be sure to pass on the comments about the reception team on to them - they love receiving feedback such as yours.

It was a pleasure having you and your husband stay with us for his birthday, and we look forward to welcoming you both back again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed at the Sky City Grand on a high floor with a view to the west. A very nice room and very nice view out of the city to the harbour and Waitakere Ranges beyond. Rooms on the eastern side have people looking in from office towers close by.

Room Tip: Look west and be high for nice views and peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Andrew M

Dear Andrew M,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us.

It sounds like you were staying in one of our harbour view rooms - great views as you have mentioned - these are our most popular rooms.

I trust you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My wife and i recently stayed for four nights. I must firstly say how great the staff were , from the moment we arrived they treated us as if were the only people there. everything was done with a smile. The gym, pool and sauna were great - we used these every day, and the restaurants were good, again with great service.I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Auckland. It is central to everything and with the great transport system getting around is so easy. i cant get over what a great hotel this is.

Room Tip: rooms to the ends of floors are quietest, and the higher floors got better views
1  Thank timac

Dear timac,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us at SKYCITY Grand Hotel.

It was a pleasure to read your comments - particularly about the team and I will be sure to pass this on to them - they thrive on receiving great feedback such as yours.

We look forward to welcoming both you and your wife back again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I spent a night at the Sky City Grand and we were treated like royalty - I highly recommend a stay there. The facilities (especially the lap pool and spa) were great and our dinner at the Sugar Club was awesome.

1  Thank CraigyNZ

Dear CraigyNZ,

I am pleased to hear that you and your wife had an enjoyable stay with us - isn't the Sugar Club amazing? The views from the Skytower are just fantastic.

We look forward to welcoming you both back again soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights while attending a conference and I was very pleased with the standard. Of particular note is the fantastic gym, spa, sauna and swimming pool, very lovely and tasteful, and I made the most of this both nights.

Bed was comfortable, room service was prompt and very tasty, all staff i saw were extremely helpful and friendly. This is includes the staff looking after the meals with the conference. I stayed on the 20 th floor with a city view, which was nothing startling, but then i was not in the room much. The bathroom was lovely, but the shower could have been slightly larger and the water pressure a little better.

Overall i was very happy and would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank danjonelson

Dear danjonelson,

I was pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay and were able to make use of our gym/spa/swimming pool area.

I will be sure to pass on your comments about the team to them - they love receiving feedback such as yours!

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at the SkyCity Grand during the month of January on a business trip. Arrived in the wee hours and stayed in a city facing room. The view from the huge windows were breathtaking as this was my first time in Auckland. The room was pretty decent with clean linen and a fully-stocked mini bar.
The staff, mostly Indian, were very helpful and courteous. I got locked out of my room twice during my stay and they were very patient and extremely helpful. The complimentary breakfast was the only let down. The restaurant staff seemed inexperienced and slow and the food was just about okay. The road leading to the hotel was being worked on when we were there.
The hotel is literally at the city centre with the Sky Tower just adjacent to it. The many tiny restaurants on Federal Street outside Sky City Grand are worth a try!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank monty1505
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear monty1505

Thank you for your recent review of The Grand Hotel.

Though delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, I was disappointed to read your comments regarding your breakfast experience. Please contact me directly and I will be able to address your areas of concern with the team.

I look forward to hearing from you and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards