The hotel itself is great but the service certainly needs some improving!
1) The cleaning staff are VERY loud in the hallways. The doors are thin and you can hear every last word. They made no attempt to be quiet what so ever. Party in the hallway, anyone?
2) I paid for valet parking during my stay. One morning when my car turned up, the guy who delivered it had changed the radio station to some hip-hop station. Unprofessional to say the least.
3) I had to ask 3 times to have my dry cleaning collected from my room. The first time I left the clothes in the bag provided with the filled in slip ON the bed for the cleaners and it was missed. The second time I rang reception and the third time I walked down to reception.
So as my title suggests, the hotel is almost there. The bed is fantastic, the food out of this world, the room very modern and clean... Just tweak the service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an oasis of luxury in the heart of Auckland’s vibrant city. Beautifully appointed, modern and spacious rooms are just the start of this 5-star experience. Stunning views, award-winning dining, the iconic Sky Tower and the tranquil East Day Spa await you. Wi-Fi is complimentary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your SKYCITY Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sky City Hotel
- Skycity Grand Auckland
- Hotel Skycity Grand
- SKYCITY Grand Hotel Auckland, New Zealand