“Almost there”

SKYCITY Grand Hotel
Ranked #4 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The hotel itself is great but the service certainly needs some improving!

1) The cleaning staff are VERY loud in the hallways. The doors are thin and you can hear every last word. They made no attempt to be quiet what so ever. Party in the hallway, anyone?

2) I paid for valet parking during my stay. One morning when my car turned up, the guy who delivered it had changed the radio station to some hip-hop station. Unprofessional to say the least.

3) I had to ask 3 times to have my dry cleaning collected from my room. The first time I left the clothes in the bag provided with the filled in slip ON the bed for the cleaners and it was missed. The second time I rang reception and the third time I walked down to reception.

So as my title suggests, the hotel is almost there. The bed is fantastic, the food out of this world, the room very modern and clean... Just tweak the service!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Whitney T

Thank you taking the time to review your recent stay at The Grand Hotel.

Though pleased that you enjoyed our rooms, and numerous restaurants and bars, I was disappointed to read the remainder of your comments about your stay. I welcome you to contact me directly, with some further information, so that I can look into this further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

great location,walking distance to viaduct,brtitomart, cbd, waterfront and so many great bars, and restaurants close by.Right next door to casino. We stayed on the 17th floor harbour view luxury room.Would recommend this view looked out to harbour bridge, city. Nice bathroom shower a little on small side.Great big tv, could do with a few more channels lifestyle,movies etc. Modern rooms, great for afternoon sun,sunsets, view of sky tower. Nice big comfy beds-could feel the join in the middle -however this is common in many hotels.Air con made a rattle -so we just turned it off told reception at check out. Very smart public spaces-nver had a chance to use pool . will definitely come back.booked a few weeks out and got a stay for three rate -booked direct only 169 nzd(did get an ungrade ) 169 for city view not harbour.I am an accor member this hotel far nicer than pullman and cheaper. Thanks for a greta stay.

Room Tip: Hight floor 17th or above-harbour view if you can get it. Not overly large the rooms but the view ma...
2  Thank NouvelleZealand
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear NouvelleZealand

Thank you for reviewing The Grand Hotel following your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your feedback – I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and will look to return in the future.

Our Harbour View Rooms are very popular, don’t hesitate to contact me prior to your next stay and I will be more than happy to assist with your booking.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at the Skycity Grand to celebrate my wife's birthday, the package we booked was the 'Baby Grand' which included valet parking, late check out, breakfast, chocolate and a bottle of bubbles, we were kindly upgraded to a Premium King suite. The suite was fantastic it really made our stay special.

Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Dear Pam185

Thank you for your recent review of The Grand Hotel.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us to celebrate your wife’s birthday and I delighted that the team recognised the occasion and upgraded you to one of our newly refurbished suites.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We arrived on Sunday 1st June it was very busy. We had valet parking and cars were all the way out to Federal Street. As I checked in my husband waited in the car for no more than 5 minutes - concierge had him sorted out very quickly. We were lucky to have a Premium Harbour view room on the 17th Floor. Wow it was fantastic, view great, comfortable bed and so quite. Had a great stay as location very central. On checkout the gentleman at reception was so helpful and pleasant. The doorman what a friendly guy on both checkin and checkout. Had a laugh with them both and they are an asset to The Grand as they are your first point of contact.
We will definately be back awesome place to stay.

Room Tip: The higher floors are very quite and harbour views are a must.

Dear FATCAT14

Thank you for your recent review of The Grand Hotel and thank you for your positive feedback. It was a pleasure to read and I look forward to passing it onto the team and in particular to our wonderful commissionaires – aren’t they marvellous!

The team look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed here in late may and were lucky enough to be upgraded to a wonderful one-bedroom unit with unbelievable views of Auckland Harbour. Incredible value and great location (5 minute walk to the harbour and viaduct ). The hotel is renovated brand new - there were even builders there tidying up some odds and ends during our stay. Levels of service was awesome and reception staff are well trained, david booked a day tours for us which was also a amazing experience.our overall trip was superb thanks to all and your services . Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nikrockers

Dear nikrockers

Thank you for your recent review of The Grand Hotel.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I will take pleasure in passing on your feedback to the team – they love to hear what our guests have to say.

We have completed 5 floors of the hotel with the next refurbishment phase already planned – the rooms look wonderful and we have received great feedback about them.

I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in New Zealand and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at the Skycity Grand to celebrate our wedding anniversary, the package we booked was the 'Baby Grand' which included valet parking, late check out, breakfast, chocolate and a bottle of bubbles. The room was very nice and the hotel location was fantastic - we managed to pop down to a couple of the restaurants on Federal Street for dinner and drinks.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AntipodeanAnn
ColetteLeonardAKL, Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear AntipodeanAnn,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at SKYCITY Grand Hotel.

I was pleased to read that you chose to stay with us to celebrate your anniversary. The Baby Grand package is one of our most popular packages - great for a celebration!

I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon - perhaps to celebrate another special occassion!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed 2 nights, 3 days apart. First bedroom had no view and the bathroom was designed as a semi wet room which unfortunately didn't work as shower water didn't drain to a central gulley but bypassed it and flooded wash basin area. 2nd bedroom was smaller but better located with street views. Porters on both occasions hung around waiting for tips after delivering cases to room. Food was disappointing. Well positioned for Sky Tower but otherwise disappointing. Good buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear MikeAbbott,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay with us.

I was disappointed to read your comments about your stay, and would welcome you to contact me directly, with some further information, so that I can delve deeper in to your comments.

Kind Regards,