“A special place”

GreenLeadersGold level
Paihia, New Zealand
“A special place”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Very nice and an elegant hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful and always have a smile!! The rooms are quiet and clean. My husband and I stayed here and requested a higher room for a better view and also requested a tower view. It wasn't a problem! We were on the 16th floor and could see the tower, the ocean and the harbour bridge. I couldn't be more happy!! The rooms are plenty big enough and the beds are comfy too. The lobby area is quite glamorous and there are restaurants and a bar in there that are worth visiting. The location here is fabulous... you are very central and everything is handy. Would recommend this place!!!! I will be back that's for sure.

Room Tip: If you want a sea view, then request a higher floor on the tower side.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Sandra310

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and it will be a pleasure to pass your comments onto the team – they love to hear feedback like yours!

We hope to welcome you back again in the very near future.

Alison.borland@skycity.co.nz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (538)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Shepparton, Australia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I recently stayed 3 nights at Sky City Grand for business. My room was on the 17th floor with a view over looking the city/bay. Amazing view. The room was spacious, clean, best mini-bar selection I've experienced in a hotel and the bathroom was complete luxury! We ate at Sean Connelly's restaurant one night. Amazing food and service. The gym had modern touch screen equipment. My only one minor issue was the the wifi connection. I could not connect on my iphone but I could on my ipad but it would take multiple attempts to actually get it to connect.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear destiny m

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and it will be a pleasure to pass your comments onto the team. I am sorry though that you had some problems connecting to our free Wi-Fi and I would be grateful if you could contact me with your room details so I can forward the details to our management team.

I look forward to hearing from you and we look forward to your next stay at The Grand Hotel.

London
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a harbour room on the 17th floor of the grand hotel on Friday night and what an experience it was!!! The view from the room was amazing we could see the skytower, half of the Auckland skyline and the harbour bridge.
The room itself was modern, luxurious and equipped with all the necessities you would expect from a 5 star hotel. My girlfriend particularly liked the bathroom products from the spa.
The grand is in an excellent location and we could walk pretty much anywhere in the cbd and the viaduct in a few minutes. Lots of bars and great restaurants on the doorstep too.
We also tried the breakfast in gusto, great food and great selection to choose from.

Would recommend it for anyone visiting auckland.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Gary L

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your night away with us in one our newly refurbished harbour view rooms – they are proving very popular and we are receiving great feedback from our guests.

The team at The Grand Hotel look forward to your next stay at The Grand Hotel.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Wonderful service with extremely helpful & friendly staff. Very comfortable room with superb mattresses. Fabulous breakfast & no trouble getting a light meal late at night. Everything gets a big tick from us.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear agormack

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at The Grand Hotel.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Gusto Cucina and Bar is the latest restaurant to open at SKYCITY and offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. The team also look after our In Room Dining offerings and I look forward to passing your comments onto the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Grand Hotel.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Clean, comfortable hotel with friendly, helpful staff. Our room on the 20th floor was quiet and had great blackout curtains which were superb for sleeping in. Close to some lovely eateries including Depot and Federal Delicatessen. Also close to Skycity Casino and only about 15min walk to the Harbour front. Overall a very enjoyable stay and would definitely return.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Buddy74

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Grand Hotel.

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have over 20 bars and restaurants at SKYCITY, so many to choose from and something to suit everyone.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Grand Hotel very soon!

Sydney
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a conference. A nice hotel , well located. I was upgraded to a suite, which was nice- A large bedroom with walking road and massive bathroom Aswell as a full kitchen and separate living room. Nice views of Auckland harbour. Gym and swimming pool are excellent and I used it every day

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Luv2travelOssie

Thank you for your recent review of The Grand Hotel.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay in our Self Contained Suite and made the time to visit our great gym and pool – perfect for relaxing and unwinding!

The team look forward to welcoming you back to The Grand Hotel.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The Skycity Grand offers a good location and exceptional accommodations. From arrival with doorman/bell hop service, check-in, housekeeping, concierge, to check out. Staff was polite, friendly and efficient (addressed me by name). Good room size ( nice view of the Tower and harbour),pool, sauna, and workout room (with TVs to watch the World Cup )were great benefits The hotel was in close proximity to the Ferry/Wharf area ( short walk); close to City Hall and Museums. and you don't even have to go outside to get to the Sky Tower and its attractions..The hotel made airport transport arrangement for me that was half what I paid getting there and below the average amount I researched. A good experience.Road construction was still on-going but was not a factor....(maybe for cars getting out of hotel and convention centre). This one stays on my list for my next trip to Auckland.

Room Tip: Floors above 5 have a good view of the sky line.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear DYardMan

Thank you for your recent review of The Grand Hotel, I am certain our readers will find it very useful.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to passing your comments onto the team and we look forward to your next stay with us.