“Great vacation”

Ranked #4 of 66 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was very impressed with this hotel during my stay on 6/2/14-6/5/14. For the price, you cannot beat the location and the amenities. The rooms were clean and looked new. Got the standard room which had 1 full sized bed and a twin bed. Had a room on the 20th floor with amazing views of the city. Checked out the gym and pool which was empty but was clean. The pool is heated. There a a smoking terrace on the 7th floor that I hung out at while waiting for friends. There are many restaurants close by the hotel and some right next door. I didn't get to try any of them but they always had people inside and looked like they had a good following. Staff was friendly especially the doorman. The hotel is across from the Sky Tower and has a casino that you can get to on the 5th floor or ground floor. Walking distances to a lot of places. Highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear SXLEE57LIFE

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Grand Hotel.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back very soon!

Alison.borland@skycity.co.nz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Beautiful interiors, spacious rooms overlooking the city, plenty of choice for food and drinks. My boyfriend and I went to Depot for dinner and it was fantastic! share plates and premium new zealand beers and we tried lots of things we wouldn't normally which was great for the taste buds! The valet parking was really helpful and the check out at 11am was great because we didn't have to rush out the door the following morning!

Room Tip: The harbour view and the city view rooms don't vary that much, just the price!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Antonia B

Thank you for taking the time to review us, it’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

SKYCITY has so many different choices when it comes to dining – something for everyone. Depot is very popular with our guests and the team there will enjoy reading your comments.

The team look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I recently stayed at SkyCity Grand on my short holiday in NZ. I truly enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay here again. The staff was friendly, always offering a smile, a greeting whenever I encountered them. I need to give special kudos to Manuel, he always smiled, sang a smile, gave a kind word. I arrived early on my check-in day, the room was not immediately ready which was no problem as I did arrive quite early. I had an early arrival flight from the US. I was accommodated as soon as possible which was early afternoon. The considerate reception staff did allow me access to the gym so I could shower, change clothes as I waited for my room to be prepared. This allowed me to go out and about in Auckland instead of waiting in the lobby for my room. The hotel was fully booked as the West Ham FC was staying at the Grand, they played Wellington the night that I arrived. My room was nicely appointed, the decor was pleasing and the toiletries are nice. One special feature for me was washcloths in the bathroom. It is at times a challenge when traveling outside the US to get washcloths. I have learned to travel with my mine but it was a joy to have them available when I arrived in my room.....it's the little things! I had a harbour view room. The sky tower was outside the room, I watched the crazy people jumping from the tower or walking around the outside observation deck.

The hotel is in walking distance of many things to see and do in the city. The hotel does offer free wi-fi throughout the entire hotel. If I return to Auckland, I would definitely stay here again if I choose this part of the city.

Room Tip: Get a harbour view room , if possible.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ectravelermd
Dear ectravelermd

Thank you for taking the time to review us, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at The Grand Hotel.

Excellent customer service is what we take pride in and I look forward to passing your comments onto our wonderful team and in particular to Manuel our porter – they will be thrilled to hear your feedback.

We do hope you have the opportunity to return, don’t hesitate to contact me directly prior to your arrival.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here in the beginning of our New Zealand trips. Our room was so nice with two queen size bed which very comfortable, clean, spacious decoration. Staffs were very friendly with warm welcome and willing to help.The hotel is within walking distance to a number of top restaurants. We would stay there again anytime. Loved everything about the hotel.

Room Tip: Don't miss the breakfast. Hazelnut croissant is the best!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Thanya H
Dear Thanya H

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Grand Hotel – I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us in our newly refurbished Premium Twin Room. Gusto is our new breakfast restaurant and I must agree the pastries are devine!

I hope you have a wonderful time in New Zealand and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Our stay here was unexpected due to weather conditions delaying our travel. Within the hour of booking we were checked in and were able to access the room early which was great after the stress of our travel delays. The service, cleanliness and services was exceptional. I would highly recommend trying the Japanese restaurant downstairs, it was the most delicious meal I've ever had!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Sam P
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Sam P

Thank you for reviewing your stay at The Grand Hotel. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and had a wonderful dining experience at Masu one of our award winning restaurants - the team will love to hear your comments!

The team hope to welcome you back in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

From the moment we arrived we were treated with a friendly warm welcome. We were able to check in early which was just perfect. What a fabulous place to stay. Modern, clean and spacious hotel lobby with lots of tables to relax and have a drink or two. Our room was very modern and clean. It had a bath and shower giving you best of both. The bed was very comfortable. There were soft robes to use too. We had great views of the city and harbour. The hotel is within walking distance to a number of top restaurants and of course the casino. We would stay there again anytime. Loved everything about the hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Lekrom

Thank you for reviewing your stay at The Grand Hotel.

It sounds like you stayed in one of our new Premium Harbour View Rooms with amazing views over the harbour - I am so pleased you liked the new decor and had great stay with us.

The team look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

The location is excellent, right in the heart of the city with fantastic views. The refurbished rooms are done to an excellent standard with beautiful decor and amenities. The growing Federal St dining precinct is also fantastic - an amazing range of top notch options right at the doorstep of the Grand. We had a fantastic stay and the staff were lovely. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FrancesBraatvedt
Dear FrancesBraatvedt

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Grand Hotel.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our new rooms. The work on Federal Street is now complete and I must agree looks great with the numerous restaurants to choose from.

The team at The Grand Hotel look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.