“Great Holiday Week at the Grand”

SKYCITY Grand Hotel
Ranked #4 of 66 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersGold level
New Plymouth, New Zealand
“Great Holiday Week at the Grand”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Once again I would like to congratulate the Skycity Grand, my husband and I stayed for a wonderful weeks holiday. The Staff are exceptional, always pleasant and welcoming, especially the wonderful men who welcome you back to the Grand and valet park your car. Well Done.
The rooms are always lovely and clean, and well appointed.
We dined at several restaurants within the Skycity complex, love The Grill, and Rebo both were outstanding.

Looking forward to returning soon. Thank you Alison for arranging a great week, much appreciated.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are great.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
ColetteLeonardAKL, Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear BatRat,

Thank you for your comments about your stay with us at SKYCITY Grand Hotel.

It was our pleasure to have you back at the hotel, and I am pleased that you had another enjoyable experience. I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on about the team - they love receiving feedback such as yours! I will also be sure that Alison receives your comments - she is a true gem, and we love having her as part of our team!

Thank you again for your feedback, and we do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon for the next celebration!

colette.leonard@skycity.co.nz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Grand hotel is a perfect location in Auckland, at the skycity tower and casino, walking distance from the city center, from the harbour with the sailing boats, absolutely perfect location.
The rooms and all facilities are extremely good. Very nice, well designed, to let you feel very comfortable.
The staff is awesome always ready to help and to be sure you enjoy a perfect stay.
The italian restaurant Gusto is incredibly good, and always with nice people.
Grand hotel is absolutely superb hotel to stay in Auckland.

Dear autchoz,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at SKYCITY Grand Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and that you felt comfortable during your stay, and that our staff were helpful. I was also glad to read your comments regarding our well designed rooms - we have received wonderful feedback about our newly refurbished rooms.

I will be sure to pass on your comments about Gusto, our newest restaurant, to the team their - they will be pleased to receive your feedback.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Everything was nice and the staff were polite and helpful but given the status of the hotel, we were underwhelmed. We got a bigger room with nicer amenities at the Stamford. The bathroom was cramped and we just expected more. Nice stay but not Grand, especially for the price.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kane M
Dear Kane M,

I do apologise that you felt underwhelmed whilst staying with us. We generally receive excellent feedback about our rooms and bathrooms.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again sometime in the near future.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This hotel is lovely! It is ins great location and the staff are very helpful. The rooms are lovely and clean and the gymnasium is very cool with a lovely lap pool for swimming all year round. I was lucky the day I was in the gym as the British footballers were working out too. Very nice and modern hotel with amazing service at your service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Barb4217,

I am pleased you were able to make use of our gym, spa and swimming pool - this area is very popular with all of our guests.

It was great to read that you had an enjoyable stay, and found our staff helpful - I will be sure to pass your comments on to them.

Piha, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed at the Grand when we held a large conference there. The service is awesome, the room is awesome, the food is awesome, the location is awesome!! It is simple to get between the hotel and the conference centre which is great when you are presenting and you need a quick refresher; it is easy to get to your room!

Dear Piharian,

I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay. It is very convenient if you are attending a conference at the Conference Centre.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

The staff were excellent, relaxed and smiling. The room was large with an "L" shaped chaise lounge adding to the comfort level. A decent desk and plenty of usable power points was very appreciated. Another great feature was the pivot able TV stand. A good iron and ironing board were available. The bed was too soft for my liking but that is typical of hotels for me and there was no variety in the pillows, all were universally too thin and soft but that may suit many people. Overall it was a very pleasant place to stay and I'll be back again.

1 Thank Rod S
Dear Rod S,

I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us, and I will be sure to pass your comments on about the team to them - they love receiving feedback such as yours.

We are currently undergoing a full room refurbishment, and the beds are being replaced. We do offer a pillow menu in all rooms, and I do apologise if this was not available in your room.

Thank you again for your comments, and we do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Sydney
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stay at the Grand at least couple of times a year and had a terrible stay the last time I was there and vowed never to come back and switched to the Hilton. Thought I will give it another go a few days back. Inauspicious start when I spoke to the worst salesperson ever trying to book two rooms. He almost didn't want me to make a booking!!

The hotel looks fabulous after the renovation. The rooms look fabulous as well.

The in room dining menu is one of the most expensive I have experienced across the globe. I ordered a Club Sandwich and chips which cost $25+ $5= $30 to be delivered to the room!! The Gusto restaurant downstairs serves a main course for the same price. Breakfast starts at $35+$5.

If you like a work out like I do they have a reasonable Gym. Plenty of cardio machines and a very limited free weights selection. They have two machines which are ancient. One of the machines has been broken and not fixed for at least a year.

Great spa and pool.

Great hotel if it is room only!

1 Thank Gimajay
Dear Gimajay,

Thank you for your review following your stay with us at SKYCITY Grand Hotel.

Firstly, I do apologise for your encounter over the telephone - I have addressed this with the Contact Centre manager directly.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the new room refurbishment, and the hotel lobby change as well.

The gym equipment has been repaired, and we are looking at alternative options to the weight machines you commented on.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.