SKYCITY Grand Hotel
Sofitel
US$116
US$92
  • Bar/Lounge
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$119
  • Fitness centre
  • Free Internet
VR Auckland City(Auckland Central)
US$101
US$84
  • Breakfast included
US$198
US$147
  • Restaurant
Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$91
US$78
  • Restaurant
Stamford Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$191
US$166
2,690 results
All reviewssky towerpremium luxurybaby grand packagemacaroonsfederal streetharbour view roomnew zealandpillow menustar hotelvalet parkinglobby barthe heart of the citycentral locationrestaurants and barsbuffet breakfastlong flightqueen street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2010

Overall a good choice. We booked a harbour view room situated on the top floor- amazing view.
The room was very comfortable which was great as we had major jet lag so needed somewhere to chill out and recover.
The only slight negative about it is that the hotel isn't really set up for early morning arrivals despite being near a major international airport.
We were able to use the gym showers but I had to half empty my case in the lobby to find my stuff before going to use them. Also whilst I was in the shower there was nowhere to leave my valuables and there was no hair dryer.
Finally if you want to use wifi on your phone it's not possible. They are only set up for it to be used with a computer.
Still if you are not flying in early and don't care about wifi then it's a very smart place to stay! If you care about wifi just go to the library and use wifi for free instead.

MLAncrum, Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2010

Dear MazRGL
Thank you for your positive review - much appreciated!
We do offer both early arrival (between 11am and 2pm) and pre-registration (very early arrivals before 11am) options for those travelling into Auckland on early flights.

The gym showers are offered, however they are unfortunately not designed as an alternative to a guest room. We always recommend our guests advise us of an early arrival and confirm one of the more comfortable options.

Useful point regarding the wifi on your phone - we will certainly investigate with our 3rd-party Internet provider.

Reviewed 26 February 2010

I only stayed one night (floor 10) (whistle stop tour of NZ).Upon first appearance the hotel is very grand and quite plush. Staff professional and helpful. Rooms were spacious and clean, however not grand ( i stayed in just a standard room), the TV`s were the big bulky ones. Gym, swimming facilities were fantastic, perfect location and not far from from the Viaduct. I left early, so did not sample the breakfast, however, i did have dinner at the viaduct ... Solo bar was popular with the locals. The Sky Tower restaurant was fully booked, you have to make a reservation in advance to avoid disappointment.
Only thing that bothered me was that my window faced the Crowne Plaza, the room was dull due to limited natural light (sun the otherside), if you keep your curtains open i noticed about a dozen people staring in from crowne plaza. If you close your curtains you will have no natural light light and the lighting in the room isn`t fantastic (only the bathroom). I would like to have stayed longer but in another room.
Ps the hotel leads onto a very busy side street - due to coaches and taxis dropping people off at Starcity (sister hotel) - keep hold of small children upon leaving the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010

Dear Sarah
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for the positive comments regarding the hotel and our team's helpfulness.

The TV`s are designated for replacement with HD flatscreens during the next few months - we, as well as our guests, will be delighted!

Orbit Restaurant at the SkyTower is often fully booked 4-6 weeks in advance, and we always recommend reservations are confirmed at the same time your accommodation is reserved.
Other dining options include dine by Peter Gordon and the Grand Summer Buffet at the Terrace - both within the Grand Hotel

We do have sunscreens on all guest room windows - these allow great light as well as full privacy, with the curtains drawn.

Reviewed 25 February 2010

I have stayed at the Sky City Grand for business quite a few times in the last couple of years and always enjoy my stay there each time. Its a modern hotel with spacious, clean room, and comfortable king-size bed. The fitness facility is great and the 25m lap pool is perfect for those who are looking to unwind after a hard day at work. I ate dinner at the Dine restaurant once and the food was fantastic, the wine selection extensive, and the wait staff very professional. I've only had breakfast in the room and it was ok. Overall I find this hotel to be a great value for business compared to some other hotels I've stayed in Auckland city centre and I will continue to stay here for future business trips.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2010

Got a great "advance purchase" deal. Just what we wanted after arriving jet lagged. Spacious, Clean, Bright and comfortable. Nice Gym/Pool/Sauna. Top location.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2010

We were very happy we had chosen to stay at the Skycity Grand. We got a good rate through Expedia. The customer service was excellent, we were able to check in at 8:00 a.m. after an overnight flight to Auckland. Their location is great, with the Sky Tower right across the street, as well as the i-site, and the harbour within walking distance. The one negative was the expensive internet access. We had an excellent meal in the Orbit restaurant in the Sky Tower - the ride up the tower is free if you order a meal for a minimum of $30 per person. Tip: have breakfast at Denny's down the street instead of the pricey hotel restaurants, you'll save a bundle.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple