“Romance and Seduction”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Romance and Seduction”
Reviewed 18 July 2011

A big thank you to all the staff at Stamford Plaza. The Romance and Seduction package was fantastic. The girlfriend reckons I'm the king of romance and seduction - thanks for making me look so good guys!!

Staff we're all very smiley and informative, room was immaculately presented and overall the facilities we rate as second to none!

Happily recommend Stamford Plaza to all we know and we will definitely be back!

Keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
StamfordPlazaAkl, Manager at Stamford Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 21 July 2011
Dear BATTDH
Thank you for your royal comments.
You are the King. We look forward to welcoming you back to your Kingdom, Stamford Plaza Auckland.

Edwin Saldanha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Canton, GA
Reviewed 14 July 2011

The hotel was lovely, the front desk staff and concierge was very helpful and friendly, the housekeeping staff fast and efficient, the breakfast buffet very good. Then we got stuck for an extra 5 days because all flights were cancelled in and out of New Zealand due to the ash cloud from the Chilean volcano. We were with a tour group of 25. Fortunately, the hotel was able to accommodate us for all the extra nights and gave us a very good room rate, as the tour didn't cover the extra days. Auckland was the end of a month-long trip and we were all ready to go home. They did everything they could to make our extended stay stress-free.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
StamfordPlazaAkl, Manager at Stamford Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 17 July 2011
Dear rh0ndas
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We truly understand guests who are stuck due to natural calamities and we are glad to assist.
Your comments have been shared with our staff members and we are proud of them for looking after guests in need.

Melbourne
Reviewed 13 July 2011

My GF and I stayed here on the last night of our NZ trip; and as is a tradition for our anniversary we stayed at a Stamford Plaza.

I had some trouble booking through their website, so booked via an alternate provider and got more or less the same deal- King size bed, buffet breakfast for 2 and $20 food and beverage credit. I've had better deals at Stamford hotels, but this one was ok.

A short walk down the hill from the bus terminal, and we arrived. Check in was smooth, despite the tour group that had just arrived, and we went up to our room which was very well appointed, clean and luxurious- as one would expect.

I have no complaints about the room; it was very comfortable and we enjoyed a great nights sleep. No traffic noise was noticeable, and the blinds kept out a lot of light. Hot water pressure in the shower was great, and the bathroom was a step up on the ones we've had in Melbourne.

We used the $20 credit at the bar without any hassle, and internet was as expected, pricey but fast. I am frankly sick of paying through the nose for what I got free all over Europe, but that seems to be the norm in this part of the world.

Breakfast the next day was good, bordering on passable. I wouldnt go out of my way for it, but there was ample selections of everything, and a wide variety to choose from. Unlike Melbourne, the waffle station was a make your own type.

Luggage storage seemed a bit ad-hoc, our bags went behind the reception desk and when we got back were chained up outside near the porters- undercover I might add. Whatever, it seemed a bit weird, but it worked ok.

All up, a pleasant stay and Stamford Plaza hotels continue to get my vote of approval and my business. If only I'd signed up for their loyalty program 3 years ago!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear dr_rob80
Thank you for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Whangarei Heads, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We booked a winter snuggler weekend at the Stamford to get away from the awful weather and give ourselves a mid winter boost. I did lots of research and decided on the Stamford because it was in the CBD so we could go to Queen St and movies and we enjoyed these very much. The hotel has a fabulous warm indoor pool ,spa pool and sauna complex and we had a great time here - just the cure for winter blues.The restaurant was expensive and the meals small but a 50% off voucher which appeared under our door made our dinner at the hotel very enjoyable.The room was very comfortable and spotless but next time I would ask for a room not on the street side as it was rather noisey

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on the street side of the hotel if you want peace and quiet on Friday and Saturda...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
StamfordPlazaAkl, Manager at Stamford Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 12 July 2011
Dear psgoldie,
Thank you for your valuable feedback.
We are glad you liked our Winter Snuggler package which is a big hit with locals and our international guests.
We are working with Auckland City council regarding the noise and hoping to resolve this issue soon.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Stayed just one night here for a business trip. Really enjoyed the room and the service. Bathroom was clean and the room was very "trustworthy". Would definitely recommend to friends. Amazing bed, slept through the whole night!

Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Admir_Mullaaliu, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review.

Stamford Plaza Auckland team looks forward to welcome you back soon.

Best regards
Admir Mullaaliu | Assistant General Manager
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I was disappointed with this hotel. It was not up to the normally high standards of Stamford hotels.
The first thing that "got me" was on checking in I noticed there was a 1.5% surcharge if paying by credit card. Surely, in this day and age, that should be incorporated in to the tariff.
We decided to dine at "The Grasshopper" Modern Thai restaurant which is part of the hotel. No complaints about the food or service. All wonderful. But when we got the bill I asked for a pen so I could sign it to our room. The , very apologetic, waitress advised us that there was a 5% surcharge to charge it to our hotel room !!!! I understand that maybe the restaurant is a separate entity from the hotel but it is still "in house" I paid by credit card and withdrew the 10% tip I had intended to give. That was a shame as I know the waiting staff are not to blame for the restaurants polices.
Finally the room itself. We had a room on the 5th floor facing the main street. We even had a view of the tower. Very nice. But very noisy. Around 3.30 - 4.00 am a group of "very happy " people had gathered outside the hotel. I think a nightclub must have just closed and they had nowhere else to go. But they stayed there for nearly 2 hours. I'm not blaming the people. They were enjoying themselves, but the soundproofing of the hotel might need an upgrade. Or request a room on one of the higher levels.
Finally the bathroom. This is what really let the hotel down. It was badly in need of refurbishment. The shower enclosure had cracked tiles, and very visible mold growing quite extensively. Not up to the Stamford quality I have come to know.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tommyfromsydney
StamfordPlazaAkl, Manager at Stamford Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 24 June 2011
Dear tommyfromsydney,
Thank you for your feedback.
We levy a surcharge only on credit cards but not on cash or eftpos transactions. Most of the hotels in Auckland charge a surcharge for credit card transactions.
We are working with Auckland City Council regarding the noise on the street which as you know is beyond our control.
We apologise for standard in the in the bathroom and this has been taken up seriously with our Maintenance & Housekeeping department.
We look forward to welcoming you back and hoping you have a pleasant stay.

Guests Services Manager
Mount Maunganui, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I had a fabulous time at the hotel. The lady that checked me in was very friendly, in fact it was the first time I have stayed at a hotel where the staff actually smile & talk to you...have an actual conversation with the guest. I was very impressed & it made me feel welcome. The valet team were so friendly & welcoming too, greeting me by name & asking about my day. For room service I had the Steak Burger and I would just like to say it was amazing! Cooked perfectly and the flavours were great, and love the crinkle cut fries. Overall it was a perfect stay, and enjoyed the harbour view from my room too. Will definitely stay again :)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank MissParisO
Dear MissParisO,
Thank you for your feedback and your valuable comments have been noted.

Guests Services Manager