I stayed at the Stamford Auckland in July 2012 for 3 days for work and I was very happy overall. When I first arrived the conceierge were very helpful in helping to get my luggage out of the taxi and taking them up to my room. Check in was painless and I stayed on the 8th floor. The room was in excellent condition and nothing I cold fault really with the only complaint was the pillows being very soft. I didnt complain thou and then I noticed there was an option for requesting harder pillows but wasn't too concerned. The reason for the 3 stars instead of 5 was for a few points. Firstly there is no free wireless Internet. In 2012 I believe every hotel should be offering this. I have been to many hotels that do offer free Internet and to pay $9 hour or $27 per day is just way too much for something that should be free. The other point was that on one day I returned at 4:30pm and the room was not serviced as yet. This might be an over sight for my room and they did end up providing this service by 5:30 but this is not really good enough. Finally the tv stations available is not really adequate for an international hotel. The are a couple of local tv stations and a couple of cable tv stations but not much to watch really. The positives, they do offer a free bottle of water which all hotels should do, would like to see two but 1 is good. The breakfast being served was very good and for one that only has light breakfasts anyway it was more then sufficient. I never had room service but i did eat once at the restaurant downstairs and it was good. The staff are all very friendly and helpful and although some points above were a little disappointing I would still stay again, so it depends how important the negatives are would determine if you would also stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-class luxury in the heart of the city, just minutes away from the harbour and viaduct. Please note that construction on the city rail link project is underway on Albert St. Stamford Plaza Auckland remains accessible to vehicles and pedestrians, all day, every day. Albert St remains open in both directions throughout the CRL upgrade. However it is limited to one way in each direction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Stamford Plaza Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Auckland
- Auckland Stamford Plaza Hotel
- Stamford Plaza Auckland New Zealand