I have stayed at a number of hotels in Auckland whilst traveling for work. I have preferred this hotel the most so far. The room is very comfortable, with a large bed and bathroom (though the automatic lights are a bit temperamental). The staff were also very friendly, in particular the guy that works at night Desmond who was very friendly and helpful when the wifi wasn't working for me and also when I checked in. One thing that was odd was that they withhold $900 off your credit card when you check in and keep it for five days, still not sure why this is done as it has never happened before (an imprint yes, but not money) but it was refunded to me so no issues from that.
The food was delicious especially the breakfast waffles plus you get a lot of food! I also had a few meals from the Thai restaurant downstairs which you can have as room service too and that was also great :) This was a nice surprise as the hotels I have stayed in have had AWFUL room service food so I usually eat out.
Like all hotels in Auckland, the net was quite expensive ($100 for a week) though they have a business centre you can use internet for free in.
The only downside I found was that the walls are pretty thin so you do hear noise from other guests from time to time and also I could hear traffic noise and construction outside (I was staying on the 8th floor in a Deluxe room).
No idea about pricing of the rooms as work paid for it but the prices of the room service food and also minibar stuff was about the same as other hotels I have stayed at. Minibar is just ok, would be nice to have some more snacks in it though :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-class luxury in the heart of the city, just minutes away from the harbour and viaduct. Please note that construction on the city rail link project is underway on Albert St. Stamford Plaza Auckland remains accessible to vehicles and pedestrians, all day, every day. Albert St remains open in both directions throughout the CRL upgrade. However it is limited to one way in each direction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Stamford Plaza Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Auckland
- Auckland Stamford Plaza Hotel
- Stamford Plaza Auckland New Zealand