Have stayed here many times before. Always stay in a suite, have stayed in a standard room once before and can understand why some are not that impressed with the standard room. But if you compare the price of a suite at the stamford with a standard room at other 5* hotels in the area you will see they are near the same. But what you get in value from Stamford Plaza far outweighs the rest.Yes the decor maybe getting a bit tired but you get a seperate living area!
Heated indoor pool makes it perfect for Winter and especially if you are travelling with Children. Location is excellent being easy walking distance to Queen Street Shopping District and The Viaduct.
In-room dining wasnt as good as the last time I visited.
Will stay again and recommend to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-class luxury in the heart of the city, just minutes away from the harbour and viaduct. Please note that construction on the city rail link project is underway on Albert St. Stamford Plaza Auckland remains accessible to vehicles and pedestrians, all day, every day. Albert St remains open in both directions throughout the CRL upgrade. However it is limited to one way in each direction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Stamford Plaza Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Auckland
- Auckland Stamford Plaza Hotel
- Stamford Plaza Auckland New Zealand