“Location Location Location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Melbourne, Australia
“Location Location Location”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Recently I went with my family to Auckland for our University 25 year reunion. It necessitated us getting on the ferry to Waiheke Island at the crack of dawn. So terminal was only a hop skip and a jump away. For it's price and location it is hard to beat.
The valet parking was a fantastic option when friends came for the day and can leave their car without any hassles. The only downside was having to pay for WiFi when it was advertised as free on the website I looked at.
Apart from this small nuisance it made our whole experience in Auckland more special.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank PhoebeNJ
Admir_Mullaaliu, Assistant General Manager at Stamford Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear PhoebeNix,

Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review, we appreciate you choosing to stay with us.

I am pleased you had an enjoyable experience and we look forward to welcome you back.

admirmullaaliu@spak.stamford.com.au

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Travelled with friends to NZ to see a show, happened to be the same weekend Beiber and the santa parade was on so there was alot of children in town. Arrived early at the hotel (12 noon) and had booked two rooms. Was advised that ony one room was ready and that both rooms had been upgraded to suites and that the second room would be ready with in half an hour. We were offerred a drink on the house as we waited and before we had finished, we were advised our rooms were readty.

The suites were massive corner suites with seperate lounges which were huge. One had a mini kitchen which was great. Bathrooms were on a grand scale with seperate bath and shower. Lounge area was bright with full windows the length of the suite. The bed was so big I lost my partner in it which meant I had the best sleep in months!

While the hotel maybe a little old, she is still has a class act. The staff are amazing and cater to every need. I was impressed with the reception staff, one of which was having a joke with a family checking in beside me (the teenage daugther asked if Beiber was staying in the hotel. Steve smiled and said that the lobby would need to be cleared at 730 for a VIP which made the girl squeal). I did not see the Beibes so assuming he was just having fun with the young lass which amused all including her parents.

The breakfast buffet had at least 50 different options and was wel stocked. One thing I found great was that even though it was a buffet, wait staff continued to check on us to ensure that our drinks were always full or hot.

We also stayed during the Auckland Santa Parade which was right outside the hotel. I thought this would be an issue as the road was closed however the hotel was able to secure a carpark across the road and had stff waiting to colect and marshall guests and their cars. Top service!!

The show was CHICAGO at Q Theatre (not the Beibs). I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for old school glamour and top service. Well done to staff and management.

Travelled from Australia.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear JezzaNZ,

Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review and for choosing Stamford Plaza Auckland.

I am pleased your had an exceptional stay and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

I trust you had a safe journey back to Australia.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Being an Auckland resident I rarely stay in Auckland city hotels but we treated ourselves as we were having a night out in town. Check in was quick and easy and although all big hotels can be much the same the room itself was excellent with plenty of space and it was very clean.

Breakfast was also good and in general the staff were excellent though the valet parking did take quite a while to bring our car

Two problems we found - the hot buffet breakfast was cold and the worst issue - the check out queue - was enormous, right across the lobby and we queued for forty minutes for the honour of paying the bill. OK it was busy but only two checkout staff? That really put us off coming back next time we are in town.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Admir_Mullaaliu, Assistant General Manager at Stamford Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Steve W,

Thank you for your recent review of Stamford Plaza.

I appreciate your feedback as we always strive to improve our service offerings. We aim to be better than average and your feedback will be used as a tool for us to address areas of concern.

Please contact me directly with your stay details as I would like to provide you with a detailed response.

We look forward to welcome you back.

Hastings, New Zealand
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed here during the NZFW, the location was great and walking distance to the viaduct event center. The Valet service was great didn't have to worry about parking my car anywhere, car was ready for me in the morning. Gym facilities are just superb including a lap pool and spa. Grasshopper Thai restaurant is delicious ( and no need to walk out anywhere, entrance is from hotel) . Also a good range of breakfast meals and a nice atmosphere. Everything was very clean in the room, however the TV didn't go! didn't mind as there was no time for tv watching - can do that at home. Staff was very helpful and polite.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Natalia A
Dear Nata0419,

Thank your recent TripAdvisor review of Stamford Plaza Auckland.

I was pleased you found our staff, service and offering to exceed your expectations.

Please contact me directly with your stay details so that I can look into why the TV did not work during your stay.

We look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Thank you Stamford. Look after your employees they are truly an asset to your organisation. The service was outstanding. I do hope those at the frontline of your organisation are well compensated for their genuine efforts to enhance the reputation of the Stamford Hotel. Once the rooms have been refurbished I do believe the Stamford will be the complete 5 star package. The Stamford is now my choice of accommodation in Auckland. I look forward to returning to experience the Stamford service in conjunction with the refurbished rooms in the near future.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Rebel6
Dear Rebel6

Thank you for your review of Stamford Plaza Auckland. I was pleased to read you had an excellent stay with us and have rated our staff so highly.
I have shared your feedback with our team.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stamford Plaza is amazing! A beautiful hotel, central location, and absolutely stellar service. Was blown away by the attentiveness of the staff from the moment I came in the door-- actually before that when they whisked my bags away for me when I arrived.

At one point, I needed to run an errand nearby. Staff called out to me BY NAME, and escorted me to my destination. Just above and beyond.

Food was good, room was clean and pleasant, and I highly recommend this hotel to any Auckland travelers!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Caitlin E
Dear Caitlin E,

Thank you for your reiview of Stamford Plaza Auckland.

I am very pleased your stay exceeded your expectations and we look forward to welcome you back.

I have ensured your feedback has been shared with the rest of our team.

ResearchTraveller
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Spent only a single night here while travelling with a friend. Thought it would be fun to have a city centre hotel with a pool to chill out in before going out. SP is a lot like other city centre hotels I've experienced before - the character is all in the lobby and once you're out of the lift, it's the same endless corridors and very smart but generically decorated room. That said, the views are good from a lot of windows, our room was extremely clean and comfortable, and a bit smarter than other hotels have been, particularly the bathroom. The staff were really helpful, the location is great and there was almost no road noise in our room. So we got a great nights swim. The pool and fitness suite are pretty good, although the spa tub is a bit lacking in gusto. Really annoying that you have to pay for wifi. I don't see why this can't be free these days, as we are not all business people with expenses accounts. Nice to have real milk for coffee! Didn't try the breakfast. In all, it's just what you expect from an inner city four star - won't blow you away with originality or style, but very comfy, clean and friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear ResearcherTraveller,

Thank you for your recent review, I am pleased you had a good experience and we hope to welcome you back again soon.