“A wonderful stay in the heart of Auckland”

Stamford Plaza Auckland
Ranked #15 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Faa'a, French Polynesia
“A wonderful stay in the heart of Auckland”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This hotel is perfectly located.
Queen St (2 mins)
Westfield shopping mall (3 mins)
Sky city ( 8 mins)

The room was very comfortable and the bathroom has shower and a bathtub.
The staff was very helpful and nice

Room Tip: Always have your room magnetic key in your pocket as you must insert it in the elevator to get to yo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Admir_Mullaaliu, Assistant General Manager at Stamford Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Moanaura,

Thank you for your fantastic review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you found our service, facilities and location to your satisfaction.

Stamford Plaza Auckland team look forward to welcoming you back soon.

admirmullaaliu@spak.stamford.com.au

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Toulon, France
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Nice hotel, clean and well situated in center city. Only stayed one night. We had very good food for dinner even if we arrived late. The service was nice. Breakfast was complete and could arrange everybody.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Grvoyage,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate it. I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay.

I trust you had a safe trip back home to Toulon.

Stamford Plaza Auckland look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

We booked the 2 night meal deal stay package. NZ$195pn. Packaged included $100 food and beverage spend + valet park. Prepaid. Got there, huge list of exclusions not advertised. IE not main restaurant, not minibar, not room service from main restaurant. Was told room service was included but when I went to check out they had added valet parking, room service. Explained to the reception person who first argued with me then said never mind. Didn't give me a receipt and now I am home I see they have pinged my credit card! Room tired and completely bleak. No art, no colour, over stuffed and slightly stinky pillows. When I asked for different pillow get sent me more of the same. Seriously disappointed. Best to go somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2013
Admir_Mullaaliu, Assistant General Manager at Stamford Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Josephine

Thank you for your review, it is very disappointing that we did not live up to your expectations as we pride ourselves to deliver exceptional service and offerings.

Please contact me directly with your stay details to allow me to investigate and respond appropriately.

Kabul, Afghanistan
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed twice in Nov/Dec, as I was transiting Auckland.

The positives are: a very warm welcome from the check in staff, a spacious room with a comfortable bed and hot, warm shower, and a decent breakfast. The location is also excellent.

Not many downsides - the view wasn't particularly inspiring, and not all the TVs channels were working properly. But that's about it. I'd definitely stay again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Admir_Mullaaliu, Assistant General Manager at Stamford Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Vauban,

Thank you for taking your time to review Stamford Plaza Auckland.

I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay on both occasions and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

I trust you had a safe trip back to UK.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Very central location for down town. In its price bracket, very good value for money. The staff are well trained and efficient. The breakfast buffet was very busy and the tables could have been cleared faster but no complaints food wise. The rooms are sufficiently spacious, nice bathroom (though the vanity was obviously designed for a dwarf) and good to have separate shower and bath. The rooms are well designed. We had a deluxe room (complimentary upgrade) with a narrow view to harbour.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lesley E
Dear Lesley E,

Thank you for the exellent review on Trip Advisor, I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

Admir Mullaaliu | Assistant General Manager | admirmullaaliu@spak.stamford.com.au
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We have stayed here two more times since my first review of Stamford Plaza Auckland. Overall a good experience. Customer service is usually as expected at a good hotel. Just found it a bit odd when the concierge in the top hat commented that I had "a lot of luggage for one person". Was not a necessary or suitable comment at a 5 star hotel. I shouldn't have to feel like I have to explain myself as to the amount of luggage we had on this occasion (there were actually two of us, we were not on holiday, but it was our last night before relocating overseas).

Other than that, the customer service was professional and as expected, which is why I like staying at some of the better hotels. Dinner and breakfast included a reasonable selection, have experienced better and worse. We had a 20% off food and beverage voucher that we used for the entire stay. This is one of the better hotels in Auckland, and I recommend it. When in Auckland, I do prefer the Langham and Skycity Grand, but it depends what sort of deal we can get as to where we stay.

Room Tip: Have never had a bad room here, some have a slightly better view (harbour) but most just have city v...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AklTraveler
Dear AklTraveler,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review. I am pleased you continue choosing Stamford Plaza Auckland as your preferred hotel. I note your comment of our doorman and we will be using your feedback as a coaching tool, please accept my apologies as this was not intended to offend rather as an 'icebreaker'.

Stamford Plaza Auckland team looks forward to welcome you back soon.

Admir Mullaaliu,
Assistant General Manager
Reviewed 3 December 2013

This used to be Auckland's premier hotel, but it is now past its best. Location better than most, as easy walk to harbour side restaurants. Access generally good if you know Auckland & the short cuts during peak hour congestion. I have accommodated my overseas visitors here for years without complaint, although I will use Wotif rather than the 'corporate rate' now as the difference has become significant. Our room during our most recent stay was tired & in need of redecorating, which I understand is happening, so maybe the floor I was on had not been done yet. Staff great, though check out could certainly have been quicker.
Will stay again, but request a redecorated room (not possible when using a booking site though)

Room Tip: Ask for a newly decorated one
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Admir_Mullaaliu, Assistant General Manager at Stamford Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Peter C,

Thank you for your recent review of Stamford Plaza Auckland, I was pleased you found our property to have a great location and value.

We are indeed due to complete a refurbishment and I will be pleased to accommodate you in one of our mock up rooms. Please contact me directly and I will expedite your booking.