Arrived in a hire car and found the concierge boys in overdrive. Excellent service from the start. Lovely welcome at the check-in and bags taken up to room efficiently and quickly. Already in a good mood as Booking.com had confirmed my reservation, made in November, as reduced according to their best price policy. Off to the room which was reasonable in size but not as spacious as expected. Too much brown in public areas and in room. Everything looking as if it needed a face-lift. View of central Aukland from our room was depressing to say the least. Open lift next door was a moving eyesore going up and down for half of our view. ! Derelict buildings and eyesores everywhere.....had previously seen Christchurch and that at least had had an earthquake to justify the mess of downtown.
To the bar! Drinks and service very good and evening meal with friends was very good with a good choice and no over filled plates,a common NZ practice we found annoying. Night time sleep & waking next morning was ruined by the noise of someone next door watching a porn channel on the TV. ( It was either that or his lady was voluble in extremis!)
Breakfast was fine and our maitre from the evening was in attendance, no problems there.
Our car was always ready when asked for and I cannot fault the front desk, concierge or any staff for their help was always offered with charm and enthusiasm. Overall a reasonable hotel, perhaps needing some TLC.....it can't be blamed for the location.
We were only in Aukland for flights in and out and visiting friends so didn't see much of this acclaimed city. However what I did see was disappointing, the dockside and central area where the hotel is located was scruffy, depressing and seemed just as down at heel as any other world city centre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-class luxury in the heart of the city, just minutes away from the harbour and viaduct. Please note that construction on the city rail link project is underway on Albert St. Stamford Plaza Auckland remains accessible to vehicles and pedestrians, all day, every day. Albert St remains open in both directions throughout the CRL upgrade. However it is limited to one way in each direction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Stamford Plaza Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Auckland
- Auckland Stamford Plaza Hotel
- Stamford Plaza Auckland New Zealand