Stamford Plaza Auckland
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Grand Windsor(Auckland Central)
  • Free Internet
Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel(Auckland Central)
  • Pool
  • Fitness centre
View Hotel
Grand Mercure Auckland(Auckland Central)
  • Room Service
Hotel DeBrett(Auckland Central)
  • Breakfast included
M Social Auckland(Auckland Central)
  • Free Internet
Rydges Auckland(Auckland Central)
2,344 results
All reviewsseparate toiletalbert streetvalet parkingroad workshigh tealobby bardeluxe roombuffet breakfastroom servicegood sizesky towercentral locationwould stay againlate checkcomfy bedper dayqueen st
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Super good location.Just 10 mins walk to the Sky Tower.And another 10 mins walk to the Ferries building (Ferry Pier).

Lots of restaurants on your foot.The one at the lobby called 'Grasshopper Thai restaurant' seems very popular by the diners.Full house every night with cozy romantic environment.

If you wanna find a supermarket.The closest is one called 'Countdown' just find your way towards the Sky Tower will get it.
Another 'Countdown' is the biggest one,which is located a bit far.Takes around 20 mins walk from the hotel and situated by the harbor area

Room itself.Hmm,just can say standard but comfy bed.The lobby and the guest room floor has a big difference.Very narrow corridor on the guest floor.

The bad thing is the poor wifi connection in room!
Ive tried several time to sit myself infront of the bath room which is close to the entrance door to 'detect' the wifi signal!OMG,Where is the server?And stop disconnect please!

But of course,you could choose to pay for the internet/go outside to get an internet bar if you like.It's convenient too! :)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Admir_Mullaaliu, Assistant General Manager at Stamford Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Emily H

Thank you for your review and rating on TripAdvisor.

I have shared your feedback with our IT department, and would be grateful if you could contact me directly with your stay details so we can look at the connectivity issues.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Flew up from Wellington recently for the fights, and thought I'd try Stamford for a change.

Our group consisted of 3 male friends, so bedding was a major point when looking at hotels on expedia. When I found Stamford, I phoned Expedia and talked to a lady who was very helpful and phoned the hotel to make sure they could offer 3 single beds. Also, when told normal check in was from 3pm, she added a request for early check in. This was because we were only in Auckland one night and firstly needed to be close to the casino, and secondly we wanted to be able to hang out at the hotel between lunch on the Saturday and the fights Sat night.

We arrived at 1pm, after lunch at my favorite restaurant (La Porchetta) nearby.

We were able to check in straight away, which was great. Although, after mentioning the 3 bed situation again at the front desk, we arrived at the room to find 1 king bed.
But this actually turned into really great entertainment, seen as for the next 1-2 hours, we planned to just chat and have drinks in the room before trying out the pool/spa/sauna area.

So I phoned reception, who answered straight away and very apologetic and sent someone up with the extra bed immediately. Within 5-10 mins a lovely man arrived with the extra bed.

However, after setting up the single bed, he left. This left us with one king bed and one single lol.

I phoned again and the lady on reception guessed correctly that he gave us a single, but didn't turn the king into 2 singles. I said I was happy to do it myself. but we just need the correct bedding.

Soon after, the guy returned, along with someone from management, who fixed the bedding and refused to let us help.

After a few drinks, we headed up the stairs from level 10, to the pool/gym area.

I was blown away with how immaculate the whole area was. It could not possibly have looked any cleaner. I spoke to one of the cleaning ladies in the gym, named Tessa, who I complimented on how clean everything was. She was soooo lovely, the way she spoke to us, like it was so important to her that we were enjoying our stay and to let her know if we needed anything. She is a real credit to Stamford Plaza.

The pool was a perfect temperature and had a great few of Auckland Harbour Bridge. The spa was nice and hot, as was the sauna. I wish we had stayed longer, so we could have spent more time in the spa/pool.

As far as sleep went, the room was nice and quiet and the beds were very comfy.

The location is great as well, being so close to Skycity Casino and Queen Street.

Overall, a great first stay at Stamford Plaza, and I'd be happy to stay again :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Admir_Mullaaliu, Assistant General Manager at Stamford Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Jacob1,

Thank you for your review and rating on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased you had an enjoyable experience. Apologies we did not have the correct bedding in the first place, however I am pleased our team was able to assist.

I also note your mention of our lobby attendant Tessa, I have ensure your feedback has been shared with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Came in for high tea over the easter weekend to treat my friends that had come to visit. I booked a little too late, as the restaurant was fully booked but the lovely restaurant duty manager kindly fitted me in.

Sitting next to the piano, on the sofa, sipping bubbles and having high tea bought the most relaxing atmosphere.

There was a sweet trainee waitress whom was amazing during our dine in time at the restaurant.

My friends have never had high tea, and thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

Food was great, loved the scones, and can never get enough of that lovely rose and French vanilla tea.

To sum up, 5 star service by both waitress and duty manager and beautiful food.

Definitely a great experience!

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear ilovefood2828

Thank you for your recent review of Stamford Plaza Auckland.

What a lovely way to spend your Easter weekend, I am delighted to hear you and your friends enjoyed the friendly service of our lobby attendant Pratiksha.

I have ensured your feedback has been shared with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Although the rooms were dated and not the cleanest, the hotel was in an amazing location and it suited our needs perfectly. We loved the valet parking and the food in the lobby restaurant was surprisingly good. Would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Protraveller1616

Thank you for your recent review of Stamford Plaza Auckland and of your recommendation to other reviewers.

I would appreciate connecting with you directly so we can properly follow up with you about the room cleanliness.
Please contact me at admirmullaaliu@spak.stamford.com.au at your earliest convenience so I can personally assist you.

I am pleased to advise that Stamford Plaza Auckland is embarking a room refurbishment and I look forward to your feedback on your next visit.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

It's been awhile since I stayed here last when it was called The Regent. We all realise things change over the years and indeed the 'Old Regent' certainly has.
The Stamford has a good location and services the business traveller well. Otherwise it's 'just another hotel' with a big name that can do with an upgrade and should include wifi service in the room as part of the room rate. I don't get it, how so many of these hotels charge $25 p.d. for wifi service...$9,000 per annum! My last annual bill from my service provider was $490

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear OzTraveller290374,

Thank you for your recent review of Stamford Plaza Auckland.

Stamford Plaza Auckland is embarking a room refurbishment and I look forward to your feedback on your next stay with us.