After hearing from several friends in Auckland that this was one of the top hotels I was expecting a great stay. While the central location was fabulous and we had a particularly happy and helpful valet that was about where the good things ended. First there was the extra bond that we had not been told about, then in our room our bathroom had soap scum around the taps and strands of hair on the vanity, not the cleanliness I have come to expect from hotels in Auckland. The next night at 7.30 some friends came to meet us at our hotel before going out to dinner and while chatting quietly with us in our room we received a noise complaint (from reception) from the room next door, we then started speaking in whispers and still had the next room knocking on the wall.
On checkout we had had quite enough and were ready to leave only to find about 5 hours later that the bond had not been released back to us, we kept checking at various times throughout the day to find this was still the case. The next day when it still had not been released back to us the friend I was travelling with contacted the hotel only to be told it would be two days before it was released back, he insisted that it be done sooner and the woman he spoke to said she would fax the information through to the bank and the money would be there in an hour, two hours later still no money, he rang again, they said half an hour this time, another two hours and still no money, when we rang again they blamed it on the bank so we followed it up with the bank who had received nothing from the hotel. Another call to the hotel and finally after another hour the money was there. I travel to Auckland regularly for events and I will not be staying here again and I will not be recommending it to anyone else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-class luxury in the heart of the city, just minutes away from the harbour and viaduct. Please note that construction on the city rail link project is underway on Albert St. Stamford Plaza Auckland remains accessible to vehicles and pedestrians, all day, every day. Albert St remains open in both directions throughout the CRL upgrade. However it is limited to one way in each direction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Stamford Plaza Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Auckland
- Auckland Stamford Plaza Hotel
- Stamford Plaza Auckland New Zealand