“VREY NICE”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Paihia, New Zealand
“VREY NICE”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We have stayed here once before about 4 years ago, and were slightly disappointed . However this time the hotel was do much better . Service was perfect and the smiling doormen made you feel welcome . The spa was very nice too .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Admir_Mullaaliu, Assistant General Manager at Stamford Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear GSMBrisbane,

Thank you for your review and rating on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read your fantastic feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

admirmullaaliu@spak.stamford.com.au

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
New Plymouth, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 May 2014

A comfortable stay and pleasant staff. However, a real run around by the housekeeping staff as my husband left his toilet bag behind in our room. We were leaving for overseas in the afternoon, so if the hotel had contacted us we could have picked it up after we checked out. Bag had my husbands medication in it, so we incurred lots of expense going to a doctor overseas to get replacements. Hotel told us four times that the bag was not found, when we made enquiries, also promised contact - was never made by the housekeeping staff. We had to keep on persisting by phoning them back. Then they contacted us finally, after my spending a long time on the phone to them, to say bag was found but logged under the wrong room number. We are very disappointed with this and I suggest a better system be implemented for lost items. This does not reflect well on the hotel or the communication a hotel of this calibre should provide to their guests.

Room Tip: Don't leave anything behind in your room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Admir_Mullaaliu, Assistant General Manager at Stamford Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Mary P

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to hear you had a comfortable stay however I am disappointed to read you did not receive prompt service from our lost and found. I will be sure to address this accordingly so this not repeated again. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed in april and had a lovely quiet room as requested on the 8th floor. This time i was put in a room facing a T intersection on the 6th. So i had the traffic noise and a loud air vent system going all night which did not help me to recover from full days work. I thought the no service for 10 dollars idea was great but was bitterly disappointed when i found out that you have to spend more than 10 to get it. So my 3 nights stay with no service and 16 dollars from the minbar earned me a sad 10 dollar. I really wonder where the logic comes from. Its a shame that a good idea end up pissing your customer of.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Kathy B,

Thank you for your review and rating on TripAdvisor.

Apologies you did not receive a room as per your previous stay, we strive to always meet guest request where possible. Please contact me directly with you room preferences and I will ensure your requirements are updated.

In regards to our $10 no service option initiative, this is available on a minimum two night's stay, so on your instance over the 3 night's stay with us, you were eligible for $10 credit towards food & beverage. Our guest see value in this initiative not only for the credits but also in the reduction of carbon footprint as the main driver.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 May 2014

After booking a room through Wotif on a spur of a moment occasion, we arrived at the hotel at about 11:30am expecting to drop our bags off and grab some lunch before doing a little bit of retail therapy while waiting for our room to become available.

However much to our delight, the room was ready on arrival! Great surprise considering when we had booked the room and without a specific request..

All in all, the night away occasion was exactly what was needed and it was awesome to see that the Stamford stood up to previous experiences had which we were so greatly on.

Service great, room nice and tidy, lobby pre-dinner drinks nice and relaxed (again with great bar service), room service in the morning good (except for a slightly confusing layout of the ordering menu where no pricing included on items attracting additional cost) with friendly and efficient concierge!

Thanks Stamford for a great night.....again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kyle M
Dear Kyle M

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We were lucky enough to be recommended to the Stamford Plaza on our 3 night stay in Auckland City. From unloading the luggage out of the taxi through to being shown around the room, the welcome was first class.
Our room was very well appointed and spotlessly clean. The pool and gym was great to shake off the long haul flight and invigorate ourselves for exploring the local sights.
Breakfast was great with more than enough choice.
I would seriously recommend this hotel to anyone, the quality and location is fantastic.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Kevin B,

Thank you for your review and rating on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased you had a fantastic experience.

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Booked a grabone lunch deal for family of 4 at Stamford plaza - husband and I and our 4year old and 2year old. Was informed on the grabone discussion board that children under 5 dine for free using this deal but this was not the case when we had lunch today. Was told by the person serving us that we had to pay for our kids meals even though I advised him that the grabone discussion board confirmed kids under 5 dine for free. We ended up sounding like we were in a heated argument as the waitperson kept talking over me. It was clear that he wasn't interested in what I had to say so we ended up paying $11 for one kids meal plus $15 for parking. My husband and I have stayed at the Stamford plaza on one occasion and were looking at coming back, but after today's experience , we won't be.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Gleast,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

I am disappointed about the experience you received and would welcome you to contact me directly so I can properly investigate.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Hobart, Tasmania
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stamford Plaza is a typical business hotel. It's in a very good location just a short walk from the harbour. Checkin a bit slow - only one receptionist meant a slight delay in being served. Room was fine and bed comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Richmet,

Thank you for your review TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear your check in was not as smooth as we would have anticipated. I have shared your feedback with our team as we always strive for improvement.