Stamford Plaza Auckland
US$274
US$250
Hilton
  • Restaurant
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$181
US$171
US$289
US$220
Sofitel
  • Restaurant
Scenic Hotel Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$113
  • Restaurant
Pullman Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$128
Hotel DeBrett(Auckland Central)
US$279
US$218
  • Breakfast included
VR Auckland City(Auckland Central)
US$100
US$134
US$177
US$141
2,349 results
All reviewsseparate toiletalbert streetvalet parkingroad workshigh tealobby bardeluxe roombuffet breakfastroom servicegood sizesky towercentral locationwould stay againlate checkcomfy bedper dayqueen st
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My title pretty much sums up my opinion of the Stamford Plaza. Everything was okay, nothing was exceptional. I got what I paid for. I stayed only one night before flying on to Honolulu and although I knew the hotel was not close to the airport I was not expecting an $85 cab fare each way to and from the airport. Had I known, I would have spent the extra $170 on staying somewhere nicer. Probably would not stay at the Stamford when next in Auckland, not because there was anything wrong with it but because there was not enough to set it apart from any other 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cathrob1
John M, Public Relations Manager at Stamford Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2014

Dear cathrob 1

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback and whilst on this occasion we did not meet your expectations we hope to meet if not exceed your expectations in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards
John Moffett | Public Relations Manager

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I visit Auckland rather regularly and I wanted to do a step in the past and stay at what was formerly a Regent hotel,the now Stamford Plaza
A pleasant stay ,pleasant staff
however the break fast could be improved ,the high tea is excellent ,meals are ok and service also

Housekeeping is ,I would say understaffed
I stayed 4 nights /5 days used the eco energy option twice ( which means no service at all),but the 2 other times the room was not serviced before 4 to 5 pm

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Arahiri

Thank for your recent review on Tripadvisor.

So glad you had a pleasant stay with us.

You will be happy to hear we are making even more improvements and trust you will be coming back to check out our refurbished rooms when they area available from this coming December.

John Moffett | Public Relations Manager

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel was nice and quite, however the room was a little small (especially with a port-a-cot). The hotel appears to be undergoing a change (from hotel to apartments) and as such, only half the floor was rooms. The staff were not as friendly or helpful as expected. The location of the hotel was great.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Troymf
Stasya Z, Guest Relations Manager at Stamford Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

Dear Troymf,

Thank you for providing feedback and comments, in regards to your recent stay here at the Stamford Plaza Hotel Auckland.

Firstly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay here with us. We have just recently completed our $10 million refurbishment. I have briefed our team to ensure service standards are picked up.

On behalf of the team here at the Stamford Plaza Hotel Auckland, we hope to welcome you back here to stay with us.

Kind Regards,

Jordan J

Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We chose this hotel due to its convenient location, just a couple of minute walk to the waterfront, parallel to Queen Street. It exceeded our expectations. All of the staff were very helpful & friendly. The facilities were of a high standard of particular note the gym, indoor pool & spa. The rooms we had were spacious & clean. The lobby/bar area was a great meeting & eating place with 3 choices of restaurants. We also thoroughly enjoyed the high tea which is available daily. Close to shops & many other eating establishments (for all budgets). A great experience which we hope to repeat again before too long.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
John M, Public Relations Manager at Stamford Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2014

Dear Fiona L

Thank for your recent review on Tripadvisor.

So glad you had a pleasant stay with us. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed our facilities and had the time to indulge yourself with our fantastic High Tea.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

on travel from home to visit a sick friend now thank god he is improving but I must say my room was very good on traveled over 600ks i was very tired the staff nothing was a worrie after a good nights sleep a excellent meal around 0730 I was on my way home to wanganui thankyou stamford plaza for making my stay in your hotel a treat

Room Tip: I would say with only one night at this hotel I would like to stay longer next time thankyou Stamford plaza from one very tired person
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Kevin F

Thank for your recent review on Tripadvisor.

We are happy to hear your friend is on the mend.

So glad you had a pleasant stay with us. Come back and check out our refurbished rooms when they start coming back online in December.