“Romance and Seduction Package”

Stamford Plaza Auckland
Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 April 2009

Myself and my partner stayed at the Stamford Plaza Auckland for our anniversary. We were so impressed with the hotel, the room looked amazing as we walked in, it was very romantic. The service and food was great. I have recommended this package at Stamford Plaza Auckland to our friends. It is definitely one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at.

Paul.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Reckless3574
Admir_Mullaaliu, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Thank you for taking your time to write a review of our property.

It is through feedback such as yours that we can improve our products and services.

Admir Mullaaliu | Assistant General Manager | Stamford Plaza Auckland

Write a ReviewReviews (2,275)

Reviewed 28 April 2009

Stamford Plaza is located very close to the waterfront in Auckland and is in the central part of the city with a lot of options to walk and eat around, as well as to shop.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ABhanPune

Reviewed 17 April 2009

I was concerned by some of the reviews and how low the Stamford Plaza was rated on Trip Advisor. Everyone, however, says that it's location is good. That, along with the package they offered convinced us to give it a go for our 4 day stay. We booked direct with the hotel and got a better package than that on both their web site and wotif. NZ$160 a night for family of 4, children under 12 eat and sleep for free, free breakfast and valet parking.

It is located one block west of Auckland's main street (Queen), 5 mins walk from the Viaduct/Harbour area, to the Link bus and Auckland's main transport centre, yet it seems to be in a quiet part of town.

All dealings with the front desk were successful, we asked for high and quiet side of build ing and got the top floor. On one day we didn't get the room serviced which entitles you to a discount voucher, we traded the voucher for free internet for the day. Our dealings with all staff were pleasant and curtious. Some of them bothering to learn our name which added a nice touch.

The room was a good size, with an interesting view down to Queen St or over a few buildings to the harbour. The bathroom was big with a separate toilet, bath and shower.
Maybe the timber furniture was a bit dated but I think I only noticed because of some of the bad reviews I had read. The TV was definately out of the Ark, but it worked and apart from no kids channel, had a good selection.

The gym, pool and sauna area is excellent. Great views, good range of working equipment. Always kept clean and "fresh". The food served at the breakfast buffet was also very good. Wide choice, chef on hand to make any sort of egg dish not already available. Service staff always cleaning your table, offering tea or coffee, or topping up the buffet. The Grasshopper Thia restaurant in the lobby is also worth a visit.

It might not be 5 star, as some of the reviews have stated, but it's better than many 4 1/2 stars I have stayed at. A great hotel, in a great location which I will return to if ever in Auckland again. P.S. If you have kids, take a trip to Rotatua - a great day trip. Go on the Zorb, Luge and the mud pools.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Millet-Fanger

Reviewed 15 April 2009

I stayed at this hotel and it was booked as part of a mystery hotel deal. I was at first apprehensive after reading some of the bad reviews. I arrived at the hotel around midnight and was checked in. We were given a room on the 7th floor which was great, considering the booking was only to be for a room on the lower floors. The hotel is quite nice, modern.
The room was a nice room. The beds are very comfortable. The room was quite big (room 727). I was quite happy with the room. We didn’t have a view, but I was fine with this.
The hotel itself is ideally located and in my opinion the most convenient out of all the hotels I saw. It was a 10 minutes walk to Viaduct Harbour, and a 10 or less minute walk to Queen Street. I liked it because it was not directly in the city and was not surrounded by noise. It was also a 15 minutes walk to Foodtown which was a huge supermarket, quite handy for groceries.
The Thai Restaurant GrassHopper was very nice and had a lovely ambience.
We asked the hotel to book us a chaffeuer to pick us up from the airport. The price was only $75 which was just about the same price of the taxi. I found it most convenient when we arrived so late. The driver had a sign with our name on it and he drove us to the hotel.
Queen Street mall had heaps of choices of public transport. I would suggest travelling via the Link Bus which only costs $1.60 and takes you around most places.
Food places I would suggest avoiding Ariake Japanese Restaurant near Quay Street and China Yum Char on Beach Road. I liked The Waterfront Café on Princes Wharf and Sunshine Chinese Restaurant on Market Place for good Yum Cha. There are also many other good places about.
Shopping is great at Newmarket and the Brand Smart Outlet (I think that was what it was called).
I found some souvenir places are over priced so be wary. One souvenir place located near the corner of Customs and Queen Street (had a red and white sign) was best priced.

Stayed: April 2009
1  Thank advocate_of_truth

Reviewed 14 April 2009

My Girlfriends and I recently spent a fantastic weekend in the Stamford Plaza! all the staff were so friendly and helpful and could accommodate all our needs.
It was located close enough to all the nightlife that we could walk easily but when we wanted to head back to our room it wasn't noisy at all.
The bar inside the Hotel was an awesome place for us to start our night with great live music.
Overall a fantastic weekend out and would reccomend it to a friend

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 April 2009

It's been a perfect vacation for us. It's been a second time to visite Auckland. hotel is just what we wanted...perfect location for shopping and sightseeing!!
Since they are newly built, everything is just nice and clean.
We especially thank to the friendly staffs for providing us all the information. If you are a tourist, this place is the two thums up!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank SeoulKoreaBooks

Reviewed 29 March 2009

I surprised my partner with an overnight at the hotel as I had purchased a night on wotif.com. I was able to upgrade for a small fee and we were so surprised by the Junior Suite. The room was so immaculate and I felt like a million bucks. We were foturnate to have valet parking, late check out the next day, bottle of champagne and access to the gym, pool and spa. The service from the staff was polite and friendly. I can't wait to go back there again!!!! I am so happy that the surprise worked.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple