“Poor service”

Ranked #21 of 108 Speciality Lodging in Auckland
Brisbane, Australia
“Poor service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

PrincessFisky, you hit the nail on the head! 2 weeks in this place for business was 2 weeks too long. In 2 weeks, they have "forgotten" to clean my room twice. Once they rocked up there to clean it at 2.45pm in the afternoon. In 2 weeks, they have not changed my sheets once. I called through to reception and asked for some ice and was told "I dont think we have any, I'll have to call you back" never did. The first week I was there, I couldnt get parking (supposed to be included) Had to park the hire car on the pavement out the front. Smelly, outdated, overpriced and very disappointing. I am not sure where these other reviews come from but my recommendation is, get some cleaners that do their job properly and a refurb would be great

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Niz_12
QuestAuckland, General Manager at Quest Auckland Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 24 February 2013
I’m sorry that we did not meet your expectations.

Your room was serviced daily with a linen change every 3 days which is inline with Quest policy, with the exception of one weekend where your room was “Do not disturb” and you were requesting privacy. I apologize that this linen change was not picked up and moved to the next day.

I’m very surprised to hear that you had to park on the footpath?!
Our Car parking is complimentary and whilst limited, we have never run out of parking for our guests. However we do have a large forecourt, so we can always find our guests a space if they let us know they have a problem.

I am disappointed that you didn’t enjoy your stay.

I am pleased to say that the majority of the time, we are able to fix any problems immediately, which is how we have built ourselves a good reputation and how we maintain the good relationships we have with our guests.

We take all of your comments seriously and will definitely sit down with house keeping to discuss how we can improve our systems and retrain the staff.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

It's about time the Quest Auckland got a review from me as they are always the BEST hotel to stay at if you are visiting central Auckland. Great deals with free parking and continental breakfast. Also complimentary monring paper if desired. The customer service from the reception staff is always very friendly and helpful, nothing is a problem. Rooms are immaculate as well, and they have recently given the rooms a makeover with new furniture and linen etc. My favourite hotel :o)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank librarychicknz
Bronte Park, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

$184 for a 1 bedroom apartment seems like excellent value for money however the quality of these apartments overall and the overpowering smoking/fake airfreshener smell is something I would expect from a hostel. So disappointed that I could have stayed in a secret 5* hotel deal for $154 yet chose to pay a little extra as have had good experiences with quest apartments in Australia. Here on business and really needed to relax after an early start and important meeting next morning however I don't think I will be getting much sleep or feeling that fresh as I am struggling to breathe. Have changed rooms twice and my colleague has experienced the same smell/discomfort. The only positive thing I can say about this place is that the front desk staff are absolutely delightful and had outstanding customer service and tried to make our stay more comfortable. I can't believe the positive reviews on this property and I also cannot believe that they have a 4.5 trip advisor rating.

Room Tip: Viewed four rooms and all have had this overpowering horrible smell. Don't do it.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PrincessFisky
QuestAuckland, General Manager at Quest Auckland Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations; but I am pleased that our reception team did their best to help and offered great customer service which is one of the things we pride ourselves on.

We try our best to keep the hotel smoke free but unfortunately some people will still flaunt that rule and smoke in the room. Our usual process would be to put the room out of order and thoroughly clean/air out to get rid of the smell. As we and all of town were fully booked this did not happen, we couldn’t move anyone and obviously we did not do a good enough job of getting the smell out. I can only apologise for this.
I was surprised to hear that you thought all of our rooms had a bad smell; we have recently changed cleaning products, so I will look at this and see if that is the cause of our fake air freshener problem.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention, as we can not improve if we do not know where we are going wrong.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next stay in Auckland to show you that your experience is not the norm for Quest Auckland.

Kind Regards, Greg Cohen, Property Manager
Tauranga, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

We travel from Tauranga regularly to stay in Auckland and have tried a variety of accomodation but the Auckland Quest is our favourite.Wonderful friendly,helpful staff.The option of breakfast in your room or in the cafe(or both!!!) included in your price. Parking is also included and is often an added cost at other hotels.There is also a small library in the cafe.

Room Tip: Parkside as high up as possible.1 bedroom gives plenty of space for a longer stay but studios are al...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

Great location, lovely staff and cosy, clean and well equipped rooms.
Stayed here with friends. We made a mistake with one of our bookings but the staff were fantastic in helping us out. Extended our stay and we were given the same price we had received through a booking deal online. No complaints. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

Went here for a business trip and it was very homey. Staff at the Restaurant for breakfast were really friendly and knew our names! Just a bit of a snafu when we checked in and waited at the lobby for about 15-20 minutes because no one was at the front desk. The staff turned out to have brought a hotel guest upstairs. Aside from the long wait, other staff were really friendly and helpful.

One thing though was the comforter at the room had strands of hair on it (that obviously weren't mine).

Good enough if you're not snippy. Over-all had a friendly hotel staff, good location and I had a good experience.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013 via mobile

This Quest is somewhat dated, having stayed here on several occasions for business and pleasure, I would only recommend for location alone. Service is minimal, not personal by any means and the rooms need a good clean as its scarce cleanliness from the three rooms I've stayed in over the past six months.

• Stayed December 2012
QuestAuckland, General Manager at Quest Auckland Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Hi Wellyfoodie007,
Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback as with out it, we do not know where we can improve.
I was disappointed to hear that you were not please with your room, if ever you feel something isn't right please come and see us so we can fix it.
A high level of customer service and cleanliness is something we pride ourselves on and our guests have come to expect from us.
We absolutely will be taking your comments on board making sure that attention to detail is key.