Wetayed in the Rydges, Auckland during the World Cup.
The room was adequately sized and clean.
The breakfast buffet defied you to want something that wasn't there; there was everything. The staff were always helpful even if the breakfast staff were a little too keen to swoop away your empties.
The hotel is 2 minutes stroll from the Skytower (we could watch people doing the decent from our top floor room), 7 minutes stroll from the harbour and bus centre. City tour buses depart from the Skytower every 20 minutes. On the street behind the hotel there are italian, indian and cafe restaurants so you don't have to go far for a meal.
We didn't eat in the hotel so can only comment that it was more expensive than the Skytower revolving restaurant!
The hotel certainly made our stay an enjoyable one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Accommodation and Breakfast packages available; Long stay Accommodation prices available; Modern furnishings and fittings; Complimentary Newspapers;100% Non smoking; For genuine caring hospitality and service please contact Rydges Auckland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Rydges Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Rydges Hotel Auckland
- Auckland Rydges Hotel
- Rydges Auckland New Zealand