Rydges Auckland
Parnell Pines Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$70
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$178
US$170
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Tudor Court Motor Lodge(Auckland Central)
US$92
US$82
Agoda.com
VR Auckland City(Auckland Central)
US$150
Travelocity
US$135
US$108
  • Restaurant
Stamford Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$190
US$162
US$172
US$140
  • Restaurant
Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$92
US$77
  • Restaurant
Kiwi International Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$54
US$52
2,378 results
All reviewssky towergreat locationchocolate fountainvalet parkingqueen streetnew zealandfree wifibuffet breakfastcentral locationharbour bridgenice roomhotel restaurantmini barinner citycomfortable staylate checkcomfy bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Lovely room, we. Really liked decor, and bed so, so, so, comfortable. Handy location in centre of city. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ivy075
Rydges_Auckland, General Manager at Rydges Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Hello,

Thank you for your review on Rydges Auckland, I am so pleased you had such a great time while staying with us and loved the bed.
Hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 16 May 2012

My husband and I and another couple stayed here on the 5th May. We paid the $30 fee to have our cars parked by valet which was just as well, it was very congested with cars and people all trying to check in. Check in was very professional and quick, our room was on the 7th floor. The room itself was very nice and modern, had no view as such, we looked straight into other apartments opposite us. The other couple were put on level 2, they had alot of street noise to deal with and they found there room very cold. We had drinks in the bar before going out for the evening and found the service in the bar to be very good. Its a nice bar area with good seating.
On our return back to the Rydges after our night out we had more drinks in the bar and ordered a little food and couldnt fault the service. We had breakfast the following morning which was great as well. All staff were very polite and cleared plates between courses. The Rydges is in a great location, its central to everything. Only minutes from the Sky Tower and its about a 10 minute walk to the centre of town. Upon leaving the staff were all friendly and our cars were brought to us straight away.
Would I stay here again. Yes we all would. It wasnt to expensive and the service was good and the rooms comfortable.

Room Tip: The higher floors seem to be a little quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank FarmersDownUnder
Rydges_Auckland, General Manager at Rydges Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Hi there,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us at Rydges Auckland, I am so pleased you and your friends had a great time both in the hotel and getting out and about around Auckland.
The staff here take great pride in offering all our guests great service and I am so glad that you were met with friendly and courteous staff wherever you were in the hotel.
I hope we can welcome you all back to the hotel again very soon for another great night in town.
Regards,

Reviewed 15 May 2012

stayed there as single traveller during May 12 for 4 nights, my first trip to Auckland. Check in was decent. Got a 6th floor room, very noisy and the neighbours adjoining my room, were the worst ever in the entire country it seemed! the room had a view of the Sky Tower, pretty decent. no spoons with the mugs, so had to call room service for some. had a nice big bed to sleep in. but sleep was hard to come by with all the noise. The location is good with everything near by. The lock in the bathroom door was not working, thankfully I was alone. amenities were decent. H/K every now and then forgot a towel or bath mat or a shampoo but wasnt too bad overall. lot of cracks and scratches and chips on the doors, walls. TV was so slow and such bad picture quality. had lunch at STK, not bad. front desk staff were very helpful. Over-all decent stay, will perhaps try another hotel on my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank palls19

Hello,

Thank you for your review on Rydges Auckland – it really is a great way for guests to let us know of any of our downfalls or of course highlights within the hotel.
I am pleased you found all the staff very pleasant to deal with but I do apologise for the loud neighbours you experienced, it is unfortunate that some people don’t respect the fact that they are in a hotel with other guests near by. We do like to deal with these sorts of guests at the time so as to not disturb too many of the other guests staying with us.
Thank you again for your review and comments, I hope we can welcome you back to Rydges Auckland very soon.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 14 May 2012

We stayed just one night on a mystery package deal and were very pleased with the price, the room, the convenience of the location only one block from Sky City casino, and the service at check-in. We would certainly stay again

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Hi there,

I am so pleased you had a great stay with us at Rydges Auckland and we would certainly love to welcome you back again very soon.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 14 May 2012

Booked a great deal for the weekend in this hotel from lastminute.com and got a room on the 7th floor for around $80AU per night.

Visited in May 2012.

The room had a king size bed and I read they are "dream beds". The bed definitely was comfortable and above average for a hotel. The pillows were a bit too soft and bulky for my liking though.

No windows or balcony but a bit of natural light does come through from high above where a window would be.

Ensuite and shower was good. Everything was modern.

I didn't use the mini bar or the 24 hour room service but having that available 24/7 is great. Being 20 seconds from the Casino and Denny's also means you have options 24/7.

The location was brilliant. 20 second walk to the Casino and 5-10 minutes to the harbour ferry terminal, Airport bus stop and the Viaduct region.

Looked to be a very good hotel for a business stay as well.

Free wi-fi in lobby was still decent on the 7th floor and across the road outside the casino!

TV had pay per view movies available. Normal stations and both sports channels free of charge as well.

For the price (which is probably half of the standard rate) I loved it. A traveller on a budget might find it a bit pricey but if you can get a decent deal, i strongly recommend this hotel.

Also said to have a gym available but i think its off site somewhere and possibly a pool. I never used these but its another handy extra.

Staff were helpful, friendly and seemingly there 24/7.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Hi there,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review on your weekend with us at Rydges Auckland. I am so pleased you thoroughly enjoyed our location and of course the very comfortable Rydges Dream Bed – they really are fantastic.
You are right that we do have a gym, it is on level 3 of the hotel with very high quality equipment, but no there is unfortunately no swimming pool in the hotel.
I am so please you strongly recommend Rydges Auckland and I hope we can welcome you back for another great weekend away.
Best regards,