“Pleasant surprise”

Ranked #15 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Had a 2 day conference in Auckland and booked into the Rydges Hotel in Auckland because the normal place fully book.
Arrived and check in was bliss the staff were friendly and help to give me instruction the conference center. The room was clear and tidy... it was spacious.
In the morning headed for to buffet breakfast and was surprise at the wide range of food. The staff were friendly and gave me a newspaper to read.
Nice touch was coffee bar in the entrance which gave me the morning fix...
Overall a very nice and well appointed business hotel

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Rydges_Auckland, General Manager at Rydges Auckland, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Hello,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us during your conference in town.
The Barist’a on the Corner is a fantastic little coffee corner for both guests and passers by, I am glad you were able to get your morning coffee fix from here during your stay.
I do hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in town as we would love to welcome you back.
With best regards,

Quenton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Lovely hotel , was offered a free upgarde to a suite as room wasn't ready on time, thanks, only issue was the back light from the telephone screen was keeping me awake, and a car alarm going off at 5am - 7.30am was annoying, you would think being on the 9th floor, new addition to hotel, no one thought to have double glazed windows, to reduce the noise outside, wasn't a harbourview as sold to us, couldn't see any water, only an apartment block to look at, Breakfast was lovely food has improved since our last stay., Room large and comfortable Thanks

Room Tip: no pool or spa, higher the better, they should move the breakfast to the roof top area, instead of n...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Hi there,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland. I am so pleased you enjoyed your suite upgrade, apart from the car alarm from the street below – a most unwelcome wake up call I am sure.
I do hope you had a wonderful time in Auckland during your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.
With warm regards,

Perth
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Stayed one and a half days before joining Diamond Princess for our first ever cruise. Room was comfortable. Dinner and breakfast was delicious. We were so jet lagged, we slept in late on 2nd day, and missed breakfast!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IvorPerth
Rydges_Auckland, General Manager at Rydges Auckland, responded to this review, 5 August 2012
Hello,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, I am so pleased you had a great night with us and were able to catch up on some very much needed sleep.
I do hope you had a wonderful first cruise and I hope we can welcome you back to Rydges Auckland very soon.
With warm regards,

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at Rydges for five nights in early June during a business trip and cant rate the property high enough. From the courteous welcome I received when I checked into the hotel in the wee hours of the morning to the pleasantness of the staff whenever I encountered them through my journeys within the hotel. My room was clean, modern and provided all the amenities I required while doing business abroad. There were also no complaints about the view, nor the proximity of the hotel to local attractions and the retailers. The hotel is accessible, modern and value for money. Special thank you to the staff and management who made my stay very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BusinessTraveller634
Hi there,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review on Rydges Auckland. I am so pleased to read that you had an exceptional stay with us for your 5 night trip away. We do endeavour to make every guests stay very comfortable and I am glad that on this occasion we did not disappoint.
I do you hope you will be back to stay with us again soon.
Kindest regards,

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We stayed for 1 night after arriving from the USA to meet up with friends. Arriving at 7am we didn't expect the room to be ready but were able to grab a coffee in the restaurant. The rooms are clean, a good size and wifi was provided which was great. The buffet breakfast was fabulous - one of the best I've had and the restaurant has obviously been recently renovated.

We really appreciated the manager allowing us to use their phones to book a tour later in the day. Made things so much easier. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We requested rooms on a high floor near our friends and were accommodated in a friendly way.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Hi there,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, I do hope you had a wonderful time catching up with your friends on your short stop over from the USA.
I am pleased you were able to take a tour; there really is so much to see around Auckland so I hope you had a great time.
With Best regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Everything was perfect for our stay, so close to everything, sky tower, casino, viaduct, harbour, queen street shopping, no transport required! Bar down stairs is perfect, happy hour (for two hours) from 5pm, great bar staff, perfect way to start the night! Will definitely return

• Stayed July 2012
Rydges_Auckland, General Manager at Rydges Auckland, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Hi there,

Thank you so much for your great review on Rydges Auckland. It sounds like you were able to have a fantastic night out in Auckland starting with a couple of drinks in our STK Lounge Bar.
I do hope you do decided to come stay with us again for another great night on the town.
With best regards,

Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 24 July 2012

stayed here with my fiancee while he was in Auckland for training. Great rooms with good quality toiletries. Very clean and had an awesome view of the Harbour Bridge. Reception staff very helpful and obliging. Had lunch in the restaurant, nice and tasty, I had the steak sandwich and not quite sure why the waiter took away my steak knife and gave me an ordinary knife. A steak knife was definately needed. Very close to numerous restaurants and cafes. Great location. Would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Melissa M
Hello,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, I am so pleased to read you and your fiancé had a wonderful stay with us. I hope you were both able to enjoy the view of the bridge at sunset, very beautiful and very romantic.
I do hope we can welcome you both back to Rydges Auckland very soon.
Kindest regards,